Lamborghini Ownership Pros and Cons ... ?

lambo66

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get annoyed by people and the dumb shit they tend to comment about the car and have to put on my "game-face" so as not to appear like a dick.

Same here. The majority of people are non-genuinely interested in the vehicle/driver. They are the "People Magazine" types that just want to know how much the car costs or what you do for a living. fcuk off.

Same here. The majority of people are non-genuinely interested in the vehicle/driver. They are the "People Magazine" types that just want to know how much the car costs or what you do for a living. fcuk off.

Oh yes, these are the only two questions that seem to matter to 90% of the random people who walk up to you.

As many of you stated, people are the reason why ownership sucks. So, now I only take my cars out for calculated drives. I will never park it, leave it, take it to dinner, do car shows etc.. I have found that these cars are for more enjoyable this way.. Even the gas station I go to is soo removed that I hardly ever encounter anyone else, the roads I drive are one lane roads so no one tries to get next me as well. Then I park the car, and take something else to go out anywhere in public. Sadly, the GTR gets alot of annoying attention from 15yr old boys that are annoying as shit.. Personally I love when they ask annoying questions and I shatter their dreams by telling them I think the car totally sucks. The look in their eyes is priceless. Of course, their are the cool kids that come over, which I will genuinely answer their normal questions in a nice way.

As many of you stated, people are the reason why ownership sucks. So, now I only take my cars out for calculated drives. I will never park it, leave it, take it to dinner, do car shows etc.. I have found that these cars are for more enjoyable this way.. Even the gas station I go to is soo removed that I hardly ever encounter anyone else, the roads I drive are one lane roads so no one tries to get next me as well. Then I park the car, and take something else to go out anywhere in public. Sadly, the GTR gets alot of annoying attention from 15yr old boys that are annoying as shit.. Personally I love when they ask annoying questions and I shatter their dreams by telling them I think the car totally sucks. The look in their eyes is priceless. Of course, their are the cool kids that come over, which I will genuinely answer their normal questions in a nice way.

What roads do you take? I like the early morning Mulholland/405/sunset/pch/kanan/101/405.

What roads do you take? I like the early morning Mulholland/405/sunset/pch/kanan/101/405.

I just go up and around Mullholland, Stunt Rd, Kanan etc.

You don't say? :icon_mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2:

:(

I thought it was my driving until I got a GT-R. Had it since March 2012 now and 0 tickets.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned fuel economy. :headbang:

I got asked once "How is the fuel economy in that thing" I replied, 8 gallons a mile. Dumb look on the guys face and I just walked away

Sadly, the GTR gets alot of annoying attention from 15yr old boys that are annoying as shit.. Personally I love when they ask annoying questions and I shatter their dreams by telling them I think the car totally sucks. The look in their eyes is priceless.

:turboalex: :icon_super:

Owning a Lambo/exotic sucks 9 times out of 10, period.

Maybe 7/10.

It's akin to dating a hot/high maintenance chick. It's fun to "land" one, exciting to explore it for a bit and experience some cool stuff together, then your synapses acclimate and the hassles/costs aren't worth it anymore. Neuroscience 101.

99% of the guys who have one treat it as an acquisition or trophy rather than a vehicle. Most of the time it sits in the garage gathering dust. On the odd occasion when it's driven unless you are a new owner the idea of driving it in busy areas passes quickly. It sucks downtown, in traffic, going to restaurants for a variety of reasons. The only fun time is opening it up on the highway early morning when nobody is around. Otherwise it is an incredible waste of time and money.

On the flip side, there's nothing wrong with collecting trophies if it makes you happy.

I'm somewhat stunned at the overall negativity of comments. Sure there are downsides (bad MPG, costly insurance, annoying onlookers, etc.), but nothing touches the feeling and sound of an exotic engine roaring behind you... Driving in busy areas certainly isn't exciting, but hearing the exhaust note, even at low-mid RPMs, makes it all worth it for me.

People are easy to deal with too. Either answer the question as vaguely as possible or happily chat with a true enthusiast. Plus, the look on a young kid's face when they see and hear the car is priceless, because I remember feeling that way myself.

I agree i dont understand the whole not driving it thing. I put over 35,000 miles on my first viper 30,000 on the second and 3000 miles on the gallardo in 4 weeks. I guess its different in some areas but around here there are exotics always out and about. So taking it out shopping and to dinner really is no big deal. I also think it helps the lambo is gray

99% of the guys who have one treat it as an acquisition or trophy rather than a vehicle. Most of the time it sits in the garage gathering dust. On the odd occasion when it's driven unless you are a new owner the idea of driving it in busy areas passes quickly. It sucks downtown, in traffic, going to restaurants for a variety of reasons. The only fun time is opening it up on the highway early morning when nobody is around. Otherwise it is an incredible waste of time and money.

On the flip side, there's nothing wrong with collecting trophies if it makes you happy.

This right here.... Im having a harder time justifying these cars as the hassle is almost not worth it. Park somewhere for a bit and worry about the car. Driving somewhere idiots all over taking pics or racing up on you driving like retards. Maybe my bright green does not help the cause but it is still annoying and a hassle to really drive these cars. Now I see why so many people have low mile cars.

The upside is definitely the fact that you own something you dreamed of and that most people will not attain. Even many people with the means can't rationalize it so I guess that makes us one step crazier. :eusa_dance: I also LOVE the badboy image the Lambo represents vs the "refined" one of Ferrari. :icon_fU: These cars are that much more rebellious in nature and I like that.

Add in the fact that it just makes my spine tingle every time I start mine up and run it through the gears (on the gated shifter) and it comes together. Oh, and 1500whp, on my UGR package doesn't hurt either, lol.

I've done 25k miles in mine. I know a lot of guys in LA who drive them regularly and hard. It's only a car (admittedly a nice one) and it's insured, treat it like that and you'll enjoy it more.

I've done 25k miles in mine. I know a lot of guys in LA who drive them regularly and hard. It's only a car (admittedly a nice one) and it's insured, treat it like that and you'll enjoy it more.

:icon_super:

Salt lake doesn't have many exotics driven around, but taking it out for a night on the town has been just fine, If I park far away no one seems to park next to me. I notice people driving by it and taking pic's when I am in view of it, but nothing too bad. Just the car show thing was my worst experience.