Wrecked Exotics

szabo_martin

I'm not some sort of dick that gets off on people wrecking their cars, but I find it's a great site to visit every once and a while to remind myself what can happen in the blink of an eye. When I see a smashed Murci it makes me take stock of my own driving to never let my baby end up against a tree with the front end missing. It also floors me how many Lamborghini's have been written off. I would be curious that out of the production numbers how many Gallardo and Murci's are still on the road?

I wonder how many cars have actually caught fire because of after market stereo equipment not being properly installed and fused within 12" of the battery. I have seen so many idiots fuse the positive far enough away for the wire to just catch fire it's ridiculous.

Abou a year ago I actually went through and counted how many G's had caught fire and had pictures on that site. I think it was close to 50. Maybe they're all owned by clowns who don't know how to keep gas off the headers...Still less than 1% of the cars produced, but it does make you wonder.

Abou a year ago I actually went through and counted how many G's had caught fire and had pictures on that site. I think it was close to 50. Maybe they're all owned by clowns who don't know how to keep gas off the headers...Still less than 1% of the cars produced, but it does make you wonder.

I'm sure a good number of those were the result of power steering fluid on a hot engine. There was a massive recall on the early cars. I just discovered that my power steering reservoir was leaking and some PS fluid was dripping onto my headers... I feel like I averted a potential disaster myself (my G sits under my M in my garage..) :eusa_wall:

Many of the fires are caused by bad accidents, though. And I wonder how many of those accidents were caused by inexperienced/drunk drivers and how many were rental cars. Here in NNJJ alone, we've had 4 or 5 bad exotic rental car wrecks over the last 4 years.

Maybe they're all owned by clowns who don't know how to keep gas off the headers...

You'd be surprised...

clown_1.png

clown_2.jpg

clown_4.jpg

You'd be surprised...

Whoa that is effing funny!! Is that a member of the 'ICP'?? Also what a ugly job on the G Sypder

i think this post needs it's own thread! :icon_mrgreen:

When the clown burnt his car down he uttered that phrase. Not mine unfortunately.

My ex 2004 Gallardo caught fire too, we had extinguished the fire but repair costs were around $70K This is even half price because I've imported most of the parts my self..

Service guys couldn't find out exactly what caused the fire, they have blamed the non authorized dealer's improper installment of heat shields in rear bumper after paint.