Drove the Huayra

D.Wiggs

I have to say, for a production car, that thing is incredible. Love the attention to detail, that you can choose paddles or stick with the sequential, and most of all, the noise! It's so nice to see a new car still give such a raw, visceral feeling to the driver. It's also amazingly roomy and comfortable. And with the ability to make it as bespoke as you wish, it really is enticing.

There is also no turbo lag...at all. At any speed in any gear, it's instantaneous.

And, Horacio and his wife could not have been nicer. The two hours spent talking with him about the car was almost as enjoyable as driving it! But I still have to give the nod to 120mph on 17 Mile as the highlight of the experience. :icon_super:

I even got great 'spy' photos I had no idea were being taken!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! are you pulling the trigger?

I am seriously considering it. There were many other things on my list of priorities before this (custom semi/motorhome, Avy Roadster, etc.) but the experience definitely put a monkey wrench into that list!!

Awesome story. I've met Mr Pagani (and the Zonda R at the same time) and he is an awesome guy. Good luck with purchase choice!

Love the interior! Love the Zonda exterior even more. Everyone that has seen one or driven it has done nothing but RAVED about it!

It's a steal at 125,000 Euros at Pagani! :lol2:

You know what...go ahead and leave the paint off of my car. Ok that will be 125k please.

:icon_mrgreen:

You know what...go ahead and leave the paint off of my car. Ok that will be 125k please.

:icon_mrgreen:

Hey, it's like buying lumber. Paint grade is much less expensive than stain grade. :icon_thumleft:

To be honest I was really let down when the car first debuted because I was expecting something like the Zonda but turned up to 11 but the Huayra is really growing on me.

The Huayra has peaked my interest too, thats a sweet pic, thanks for your driving impressions. How did you like the tranny? Did they mention what the cost of that particular car was?

The Huayra has peaked my interest too, thats a sweet pic, thanks for your driving impressions. How did you like the tranny? Did they mention what the cost of that particular car was?

I absolutely loved it. It was the perfect combination of smooth (a la DCT) and raw (a la ISR). And the fact you can do the shifter like BMWs was phenomenal. All of the linkage is exposed and you hear and feel everything. No idea on what Pagani paid but I would guess that a replacement would be in the $50k range.

The active aero is not only really cool but gives you a very confident handling feel. That, coupled with the ability to set the suspension soft enough to handle bumpy terrain enables you to push the car much harder than other cars. 17 Mile is by no means a smooth road but taking 20mph curves at 60mph+ seemed completely effortless.

I must be in sync with that trans as Alberto (Pagani guy in the passenger seat) said he had never had a non-owner drive it so smoothly. :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

I would take this over anything.

Completely agree. Pagani gets compared to the early days of Lamborghini, and rightfully so. There's so much to love and appreciate about Pagani right now. I really believe it is the ultimate supercar.

My bad guys! 1.2MM Euros or about $1.6MM. The way I spec'd one out it was as near as makes no difference $2MM

Curious on why Pagani uses AMG engines? Although higher top speed, but 0-60 slower than Aventador?

Options are very limited and developing your own with worldwide emission compliance is extremely expensive. They are lucky to have access to AMG, Lotus has to put up with Toyota. The best part about an AMG Merc is the engine...

Rumour has it, Fangio made the introductions.

Curious on why Pagani uses AMG engines? Although higher top speed, but 0-60 slower than Aventador?

Pretty hard to beat the quality and reliability. And 0-60, the Avy utilizes the AWD launch.