Urus headed to production

Pappyslambo

This was pretty common knowledge in Pebble Beach this year. Looking forward to seeing it! I hope they stay true to the brand. It needs to be ridiculous.

Long way away, regardless of press releases and announcements. If we see it in customer's hands before 2017 it will be a miracle. Audi needs to show some motivation here and they clearly are in no rush while they wait for VAG to finalize the shared platform this SUV will utilize.

It's the spiritual successor to the LM002, does that help you sleep at night?

Pussy and alcohol help me out on that part.

This on the other hand, it ruins my sleep. Knowing that people wanting only a cool SUV, will drive around the streets in their Urus, acting like regular rich douches but now in a comfortable Lambo, will tarnish and ruin the exclusivity of the brand even more than when Allan used to own a Gallardo.

This on the other hand, it ruins my sleep. Knowing that people wanting only a cool SUV, will drive around the streets in their Urus, acting like regular rich douches but now in a comfortable Lambo, will tarnish and ruin the exclusivity of the brand even more than when Allan used to own a Gallardo.

Change the vehicle to a Urus

How does it work for you now?

image.jpg

The issue with timing here is because Bentley is releasing their SUV. VAG is favoring the Bentley release before the Lamborghini.

A little birdie says fall 16' (MY 17') and the base model will start between $185K-$190K!!!!!!! Wow, three years of waiting just to find out that it was all a dream!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

In all honesty though, many owners from car are cut from that exact cloth. Only in it for status. The SUV won't change that.

- The dilution of the brand argument can be confronted with the Porsche model. While many people hate the Cayenne, it has been a cash cow (which Lamborghini desperately needs instead of relying on Mother VAG) to help boost the "new" Gallardo and the flagship. That alone won't ruin the exclusivity of the brand. I'm sure you could find some rube who argue that vintage V8 owners do more against the brand's "image" than someone in an SUV.

- IF and this is a big one, IF the SUV is a resounding success letting the cash pour in, it could provide more options for R&D, as well as maintaining the division between sportscar side of things and "everyday utility".

- Also, the SUV can be their "catch all" in the game of green and hybrid tech. This would almost be pawn like that they can use it as a icon for a "green initiative" pleasing the tree-huggers and ball-sucking politicians and lobbyists. Which gives them carte blanche to go balls to the wall with cars.

Just my thoughts, not right, just thoughts. Hopefully eases your mind ;)

In all honesty though, many owners from car are cut from that exact cloth. Only in it for status. The SUV won't change that.

- The dilution of the brand argument can be confronted with the Porsche model. While many people hate the Cayenne, it has been a cash cow (which Lamborghini desperately needs instead of relying on Mother VAG) to help boost the "new" Gallardo and the flagship. That alone won't ruin the exclusivity of the brand. I'm sure you could find some rube who argue that vintage V8 owners do more against the brand's "image" than someone in an SUV.

- IF and this is a big one, IF the SUV is a resounding success letting the cash pour in, it could provide more options for R&D, as well as maintaining the division between sportscar side of things and "everyday utility".

- Also, the SUV can be their "catch all" in the game of green and hybrid tech. This would almost be pawn like that they can use it as a icon for a "green initiative" pleasing the tree-huggers and ball-sucking politicians and lobbyists. Which gives them carte blanche to go balls to the wall with cars.

Just my thoughts, not right, just thoughts. Hopefully eases your mind ;)

I agree and concur.

But your first point is what I am getting at, the Cayenne was a success for Porsche. So good they are releasing a smaller model as well. But Porsche is not exotic. You could cough up a 997 GT2 in Speedgelb with 28" HREs and it still would be a Porsche, something you see allover the place. That my friend, is the problem.

I'm sure it will be a great and cool SUV, but I just think they should rather launch a Estoque or a 3rd car to compete with Porsche/Audi/Mercedes instead than chosing this route.

Winkyfag, if you're reading this; Your head is extremely big and I will slap you when I see you.