Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its difficult to see in the pictures because of the marinade but there are fries beside the bacon. Very important positioning of the fries because the bacon grease soaks into the fries and crisps them up. Just like deep frying them.

Its difficult to see in the pictures because of the marinade but there are fries beside the bacon. Very important positioning of the fries because the bacon grease soaks into the fries and crisps them up. Just like deep frying them.

We don't believe you. More pictures please, and don't say your cameras broke or your hard drive crashed.

Well, I tried my hand at Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) tonight. Flavor was good, I probably could have cooked it a bit longer. I think I may have put too much meat On The skewer. It wouldn't turn as easy as I expected considering the special flat skewers.

I will definitely do this again.

post-8025-1381544241_thumb.jpg

post-8025-1381544454_thumb.jpg

post-8025-1381544646_thumb.jpg

Well, I tried my hand at Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) tonight. Flavor was good, I probably could have cooked it a bit longer. I think I may have put too much meat On The skewer. It wouldn't turn as easy as I expected considering the special flat skewers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MA MAN!!! They look perfect.

Damn, wish I had thought of a bib. Got Franks Red Hot sauce all over me.

They look great though.

Well, I tried my hand at Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) tonight. Flavor was good, I probably could have cooked it a bit longer. I think I may have put too much meat On The skewer. It wouldn't turn as easy as I expected considering the special flat skewers.

post-8025-1381544241_thumb.jpg

Wow, how do you get them to stick to the walls like that?

It takes a very special Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) to do this. Plus anti-gravity Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) skewers and Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) must be spelled correctly.

MA MAN!!! They look perfect.

They came out pretty good at least for Irish/Italian. How do you get them to stick to the skewer so they are easier to turn and the skewer doesn't just spin

I found out we have an Afghan Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) place in town. I think thats what Im going to try tonight.

They came out pretty good at least for Irish/Italian. How do you get them to stick to the skewer so they are easier to turn and the skewer doesn't just spin

Less meat and you need to flatten them more between your fingers like in the video I sent you (and that audibull posted)

I found out we have an Afghan Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) place in town. I think thats what Im going to try tonight.

Post pics. Never seen afghani #Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)$

Post pics. Never seen afghani #Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)$

Afghani has a interesting flavor profile, seems like it has a strong indian influence on the spices. Persian is my favorite by quite a bit.

Post pics. Never seen afghani #Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)$

post-7086-1381634698_thumb.jpg

The Turkish Coffee was awesome

post-7086-1381634711_thumb.jpg

The Kebab(or Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) as they called it) were decent. I didnt think there was a whole lot of flavor and the chicken was over cooked. The Lamb seemed to be cooked pretty good. Keep in mind this is Sioux Falls, SD too. I dont think Authentic ingredients are readily available. I looked for some of the spices previous posters mentioned and could not find them in the local grocery store.

post-7086-1381634722_thumb.jpg

I can't believe i've been following this thread from the start and have now read 11 pages aboout Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).

Finally cracked though, and spent the last half hour looking for the best Persian restuarant in my city. Found it, but i'm wondering if this thread has taught me too much because i'm outraged that I don't see Tahdig listed on any of the menu items. WTF! The search continues...

I can't believe i've been following this thread from the start and have now read 11 pages aboout Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).

Finally cracked though, and spent the last half hour looking for the best Persian restuarant in my city. Found it, but i'm wondering if this thread has taught me too much because i'm outraged that I don't see Tahdig listed on any of the menu items. WTF! The search continues...

Lol. Thadig here in LA wasn't on the menu until everyone was asking for it. It's like a secret menu item everywhere else. If they make rice, 100% they have it. It's literally the burned/fried rice left at the bottom of the pot.

That place Zaffaron sounds bomb. The main dishes are dead on. They have Thadig, call head and tell them you want it with a side of ghormeh sabzi.

Ignore that! Tahdig found! Going out for Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) :icon_thumleft:

Oh snap. Pics please.

Lol. Thadig here in LA wasn't on the menu until everyone was asking for it. It's like a secret menu item everywhere else. If they make rice, 100% they have it. It's literally the burned/fried rice left at the bottom of the pot.

That place Zaffaron sounds bomb. The main dishes are dead on. They have Thadig, call head and tell them you want it with a side of ghormeh sabzi.

Now I have to admit confusion - I thought you were referring to the pickled veggies with tadig - am I having a lost-in-translation moment?

Ok I will look for it so what exactly are the names of the dishes you have to ask for?

+1 surprized they serve Fessenjan. Seems like most Persian places don't make it as it isn't very popular with American palates. If they do it is usually very subdued and not sour at all.

Either way menu looks fairly good. Hope you enjoy