Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

It says "Glorious is God and I'm thankful to him."

Arabic seems like such a hard language to learn. You get all of that from that little bit of writing?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured I'd reveal my new XJ220 I picked up. It drives like new but feels awfully cramped. Very small interior. I've also repaved my driveway in carbon fiber.

IMAG0567_zpsjugrpq4k.jpg

IMAG0566_zpssbpfynhs.jpg

Suck on that Vahid!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Thanks for the translation man. This is my new patented kebab grille design I used.

rotis-close.jpg

LOL

:iamwithstupid:

That part looks sooo good!

@Transamera - Where should I go to find this bottom half pizza? Somewhere in Norrköping?

Jupp!

Easter lamb. It was good.

IMAG0573_zps2haoo4rz.jpg

Awesome, I BBQ twice over Easter, made own Burgers and just finisihed Everything off with a nice kebab breakfast!

Not too bad actually, they have also added newer pizzas since.

not too bad, doesn't sound too good.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, my mouth is watering. Cherry is probably my favorite wood to smoke with. Burns forever and has a nice smooth flavor. Just about out right now.

A bad pic of a dinner I made over the weekend.

Beef chili that was cooked with love for over 6 hours with lots of chipotle/ancho(chili/habaneros and mexicanrice cooked in chickenbroth, tomatoes and cilantro with black beans and lime. Fuckingawesome!

post-9294-1399293124_thumb.jpg

A bad pic of a dinner I made over the weekend.

Beef chili that was cooked with love for over 6 hours with lots of chipotle/ancho(chili/habaneros and mexicanrice cooked in chickenbroth, tomatoes and cilantro with black beans and lime. Fuckingawesome!

Looks Great! I had a Mexican feast over the weekend too. Smoked the pork for 12 hours. Then I pulled it and braised it with pineapple, five different kinds of peppers, onion, tomato, and lots of seasoning (no picture of this part).

IMAG0600_zpsv3l85oox.jpg

Picked up torta loaves from my favorite Mexican bakery/restaurant/grocery/butcher and called it a day. Refried beans, avocado, peppers and veggies, queso fresca, cilantro, and meat. It was good.

IMAG0601_zpsncvhtudb.jpg

By the end of the night I was staring at a mysterious cactus that appeared in my glass of tequila.

IMAG0604_zpsowapk2xm.jpg

I was going for al pastor style pork. If you haven't had any, it's when a kebab/gyro spit is used and layers of thin sliced pork shoulder with onions and pineapple are stacked in alternating layers. While roasting it is slathered in hot and spicy sauce. I love it. Notice the pineapple on top to make it official. This is the real deal, not mine. I've been addicted to the al pastor tortas from the place I grabbed the bread from for close to ten years.

pastor.jpg

trompo5.JPG

Mother-of-God-GIF_1.gif

Ha, happy Cinco de Mayo guys! Somehow I forgot the whole reason behind the Mexican food relevance.

On an actual kebab related note, I bought some whole sumac berries because I purchased about four different kinds of pre ground and they were all bland, bitter, and lacking in the citrus/peppery flavor it's known for. I ground them in a spice grinder and it is much better than what I've had previously. Dark red rather than blackish brown in color. I've been using it much more than before. Anyone tried just putting the berries in a pepper grinder and using it that way?

I see you enjoy our famous "al pastor" meat lol

The pineapple adds that interesting flavour, just curious you ate them with a good real salsa?

Ha, happy Cinco de Mayo guys! Somehow I forgot the whole reason behind the Mexican food relevance.

On an actual kebab related note, I bought some whole sumac berries because I purchased about four different kinds of pre ground and they were all bland, bitter, and lacking in the citrus/peppery flavor it's known for. I ground them in a spice grinder and it is much better than what I've had previously. Dark red rather than blackish brown in color. I've been using it much more than before. Anyone tried just putting the berries in a pepper grinder and using it that way?

I will try this Al Pastor for sure!

The pineapple adds that interesting flavour, just curious you ate them with a good real salsa?

How exactly is the perfect Al pastor set up?

I have no idea who this Mr. Al Pastor is, but he is obviously a genius. :icon_mrgreen:

I had four salsas on offer, pico de gallo, salsa verde, ranchero/chipotle, and roasted habanero. I personally like a mix of the verde, ranchero, and habanero.