Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great looking bit of beef there. I made a kickass steak sandwich at lunch that literally took me to a happy place. I have made some pulled pork for tonight but I do not think it is my best work

Not kebab related, but since steak sandwiches were brought up I felt compelled to share one of my favorite inventions. This is a triple decker sandwich that I eat whenever I have leftover steak, or if I'm just craving one. The basic concept is a Philly cheese steak on one side, a BLT on the other, and a toad in the hole/egg in the basket in the middle.

I used Iberico pancetta and carmelized it with maple syrup, jerk seasoning, and chipotle hot sauce. Oven at 400, 5 min. or so per side. Works with any bacon.

IMAG0506_zpsjqs5p8or.jpg

IMAG0507_zpsnfdclyhw.jpg

I used three quail eggs for the middle piece of bread, one chicken egg works fine.

IMAG0508_zpsx7vlol1m.jpg

Leftover medium rare ribeye with onions, beech and enoki mushrooms. Not for most, but I spread some homemade pork liver pate' underneath. Also added some provolone cheese.

IMAG0510_zpsmnm39fxr.jpg

Final assembly...I present the BLD (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Dress as desired, I use mayo and stone ground mustard.

IMAG0512_zpssa2rhj1n.jpg

Not kebab related, but since steak sandwiches were brought up I felt compelled to share one of my favorite inventions. This is a triple decker sandwich that I eat whenever I have leftover steak, or if I'm just craving one. The basic concept is a Philly cheese steak on one side, a BLT on the other, and a toad in the hole/egg in the basket in the middle.

I used Iberico pancetta and carmelized it with maple syrup, jerk seasoning, and chipotle hot sauce. Oven at 400, 5 min. or so per side. Works with any bacon.

IMAG0506_zpsjqs5p8or.jpg

IMAG0507_zpsnfdclyhw.jpg

I used three quail eggs for the middle piece of bread, one chicken egg works fine.

IMAG0508_zpsx7vlol1m.jpg

Leftover medium rare ribeye with onions, beech and enoki mushrooms. Not for most, but I spread some homemade pork liver pate' underneath. Also added some provolone cheese.

IMAG0510_zpsmnm39fxr.jpg

Final assembly...I present the BLD (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Dress as desired, I use mayo and stone ground mustard.

IMAG0512_zpssa2rhj1n.jpg

I approve! Amazing! Looks supertasty!!!

Sorry I don't follow, leftover steak?

Think of it as motivation to buy and grille extra. My wife usually only eats half of hers so it works out well for me.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

IMAG0506_zpsjqs5p8or.jpg

IMAG0507_zpsnfdclyhw.jpg

IMAG0508_zpsx7vlol1m.jpg

IMAG0510_zpsmnm39fxr.jpg

IMAG0512_zpssa2rhj1n.jpg

Holy Shit that looks awesome! I will have to try that soon.

On the Egg note, I had a killer burger the other day. Ground Chuck/brisket base, Pork Belly, Bacon, Arugula, Egg, on a pretzel but with Garlic Aioli. Damn, I'm making myself hungry again.

post-8025-1396544354_thumb.jpg

Nope. All steak shall be eaten on the day. It is the global law.

Good thing I'm a habitual global and intergalactic law breaker then. Just yesterday I tore the tag off a mattress and didn't come to a full stop at a stop sign. I'll keep the leftover steak and you can keep your British delicacies.

IMAG0496_zpsw9mqlxlp.jpg

Saw these last weekend. Emu eggs for $50 a pop. No thanks.

IMAG0492_zpsp2dod3il.jpg

That burger sounds pretty damn good.

So, I'm in Dubai again, and I call Vahid.

He says something along the lines of 'That lot on LP, the boys who wear make-up, have no idea of Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).' It was something like that anyway, as at the time he was trying to get the STS up to escape velocity, and since the new exhaust was fitted my ears were bleeding too. Anyway, as the E11 didn't have quite enough run up, he tried again on the road into the Palm, and the tunnel.. anyway, that's all for anther post..

I had the best Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) of my life. Iranian restaurant in Dubai. nom nom nom... Another memorable night out with Vahid... :icon_thumleft:

20140401_222446.jpg

Righty, just spat out more k_a_b_o_b at yet another Mods' humourous autocorrect.

Corvette

Corvette

Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)

Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)

cnuts

ETA.. The 'POS one's gone now then...

ETA2 ..... hahaha '_v_e_t_t_e' still has it then....

ETA3, every time you edit, it scans and corrects again. Those Mods. What wags.

Righty, just spat out more k_a_b_o_b at yet another Mods' humourous autocorrect.

Corvette

Corvette

cnuts

ETA.. The 'POS one's gone now then...

ETA2 ..... hahaha '_v_e_t_t_e' still has it then....

ETA3, every time you edit, it scans and corrects again. Those Mods. What wags.

I have been looking for something Sig worthy. Thanks. :icon_mrgreen:

5.gif

He says something along the lines of 'That lot on LP, the boys who wear make-up, have no idea of Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).' It was something like that anyway, as at the time he was trying to get the STS up to escape velocity, and since the new exhaust was fitted my ears were bleeding too. Anyway, as the E11 didn't have quite enough run up, he tried again on the road into the Palm, and the tunnel.. anyway, that's all for anther post..

I had the best Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) of my life. Iranian restaurant in Dubai. nom nom nom... Another memorable night out with Vahid... :icon_thumleft:

20140401_222446.jpg

That does not count deekss, all you ate pretty much came back up with that drive afterwards, I genuinely felt bad when I saw your face in the end :icon_mrgreen:

Next time we are doing the drifting first, then Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)!

I have been looking for something Sig worthy. Thanks. :icon_mrgreen:

Not only Worthy, but true. :icon_thumleft:

He says something along the lines of 'That lot on LP, the boys who wear make-up, have no idea of Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab).' It was something like that anyway, as at the time he was trying to get the STS up to escape velocity, and since the new exhaust was fitted my ears were bleeding too. Anyway, as the E11 didn't have quite enough run up, he tried again on the road into the Palm, and the tunnel.. anyway, that's all for anther post..

I had the best Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) of my life. Iranian restaurant in Dubai. nom nom nom... Another memorable night out with Vahid... :icon_thumleft:

You didn't have kebab, you had some replica stuff. Check that Vahids "Lambo" is real once you're at it to :icon_thumleft:

That does not count deekss, all you ate pretty much came back up with that drive afterwards, I genuinely felt bad when I saw your face in the end :icon_mrgreen:

Next time we are doing the drifting first, then Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab)!

You have NO IDEA what a kebab is bro, I'll teach you soon! :turboalex:

This pic is not even an hour old.. 50/50 kebab and gyros :monkeyleft:

I'm full now :turboalex:

Looks good. Back to the whole quail egg and raw meat thing, here's dinner last night. Bi bim bap. Best I've ever made.

IMAG0515_zpsni9v1hvb.jpg

After stirring it up.

IMAG0518_zpszcvxb3er.jpg

Cappy, I didn't use leftover steak this time.

I still don't understand the whole "pour raw egg all over it and then eat."

Bi bim bap and tahdig are both really hot rice. Bi bim bap is actually served in an extremely hot bowl. It crisps the rice and cooks the egg as you stir it up. Ends up being like a runny egg yolk ie. awesome. Not really completely raw when you eat it. Steak tartare, yeah, that's completely raw and still great.

Bi bim bap and tahdig are both really hot rice. Bi bim bap is actually served in an extremely hot bowl. It crisps the rice and cooks the egg as you stir it up. Ends up being like a runny egg yolk ie. awesome. Not really completely raw when you eat it. Steak tartare, yeah, that's completely raw and still great.

That makes more sense. Love runny eggs. I have no problem with the steak tartare!!!