Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

where this thread goes from this point is anyone's guess, but its not going to get any better than that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where this thread goes from this point is anyone's guess, but its not going to get any better than that.

:iamwithstupid:

Shut it down. Vahid wins.

Uhm, if you want to start a new thread for the wannabe/fake kebabs you all post, feel free to.. But this thread is about real kebabs and not even a STS wing can't change the fakeness of this fact.

So STFU you fools :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

:iamwithstupid:

Shut it down. Vahid wins.

Yee of little faith. Modo, think bigger, like Kabobs Sunday with Allan's Countach, SV, and your roadster, all used as a buffet (don't tell Allan beforehand). This would completely redeem you of your slacking. The next question, are RB and Lubejobs fans of kebab/kabobs?

Funny, I dont think I've ever had "REAL" Kebab in my life...(up till this thread I always thought "kebabs" were just any kind of meat on sticks...like chopped up london broil or marinated chicken thrown on skewers over the grill. I learned from the arguments in this thread that apparently I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN! ;)

That being said, a friend of mine at work asked me out of the blue today to go here with him for lunch:

http://kababparadise.com/menu/

While I am sure the purists here will not be impressed, keep in mind that I am just a newbie to the kebab world, so go easy on me. :icon_mrgreen:

Funny, I dont think I've ever had "REAL" Kebab in my life...(up till this thread I always thought "kebabs" were just any kind of meat on sticks...like chopped up london broil or marinated chicken thrown on skewers over the grill. I learned from the arguments in this thread that apparently I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN! ;)

That being said, a friend of mine at work asked me out of the blue today to go here with him for lunch:

http://kababparadise.com/menu/

While I am sure the purists here will not be impressed, keep in mind that I am just a newbie to the kebab world, so go easy on me. :icon_mrgreen:

Be vary of a place that has, kebabs, nuggets and Burgers :rolleyes:

There is only one true kebab and no one except me in this entire thread has posted it. The persian kebabwannabes in this thread have no clue...

Be wary of a place that has, kebabs, nuggets and Burgers :rolleyes:

There is only one true kebab and no one except me in this entire thread has posted it. The persian kebabwannabes in this thread have no clue...

What the fcuk is kabab? How many ways can you spell it? At this point we've seen kebab, Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab), kibab, kabab, Kebob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab), and the list goes on.

What, it has to be from Sweden or it's disqualified? You still haven't made any yourself. Weather is getting better. Do something.

Just found out my backordered A5 Kobe has finally shipped and will be here tonight. fcuk yeah.

Modo, our deal is null and void since you are still kebabslacking. So...this is what A5 looks like. Holy Shit.

IMAG0522_zpsqh7zldp3.jpg

Lucky me, morel season has started and the foie looked perfect.

IMAG0523_zpspwrc3b2z.jpg

Unlucky me, I already committed to making scallops and shrimp to appease the Catholics coming over...and I have plans tomorrow. Sunday seems so far away. :crybaby2:

Damn AudiBull you better bring that to my house warming party !! :headbang:

We will have to find a way. Right now the only way I can think of is to eat a bunch right before I leave, but I doubt you'll want any of it by the time it arrives. :icon_mrgreen:

We will have to find a way. Right now the only way I can think of is to eat a bunch right before I leave, but I doubt you'll want any of it by the time it arrives. :icon_mrgreen:

after this comment expect to walk to my place from the airport :icon_butt:

:icon_mrgreen:

This thread needs one of those Health Warning Labels required by the FDA:

WARNING: Reading this thread and viewing its content of photos will result in an uncontrollable urge to run out and consume a large dose of top-quality red meat which could be hazardous to your health and would categorically ruin your diet!

Lunch, dolmades, kafteh kebab, "Persian kabobs" with labneh, doner kebab, and fallafel. I figured out that the kabobs are basically kafteh kebab. They offer both spellings to appease the masses and then just make them identically other than a sprinkle of sumac on top. Brilliant marketing! :lol2:

IMAG0525_zpsgvpq93o1.jpg

This thread needs one of those Health Warning Labels required by the FDA:

WARNING: Reading this thread and viewing its content of photos will result in an uncontrollable urge to run out and consume a large dose of top-quality red meat which could be hazardous to your health and would categorically ruin your diet!

So true lol

Lunch, dolmades, kafteh kebab, "Persian kabobs" with labneh, doner kebab, and fallafel. I figured out that the kabobs are basically kafteh kebab. They offer both spellings to appease the masses and then just make them identically other than a sprinkle of sumac on top. Brilliant marketing! :lol2:

IMAG0525_zpsgvpq93o1.jpg

I hope it tastes better than it looks :icon_mrgreen:

No jealousy here I am more than happy for you to have that, whatever that is, I will be content with the Kobe. :icon_mrgreen:

I admit, it wasn't the best. But it's cheap and five minutes away for carryout, so it makes it easy. Still pretty good though and I've definitely had far worse. Tomorrow should be better. :icon_thumleft:

Here you go Fortis. Maybe this will redeem me from yesterday's kebabs. Cooked the steak tableside on hot cast iron. Used two skillets and swapped back and forth from the stove so they stayed hot. Cooked the morels in the foie fat. 12 oz. was a lot for two people considering how fatty the meat is, probably could have cooked half as much. Still no leftovers.

IMAG0533_zpsimoakdkw.jpg

100_1419_zps1a322aaa.jpg

100_1420_zps6ba6bf40.jpg

IMAG0532_zpsrw8vbqrw.jpg

IMAG0537_zpstdfvdsa2.jpg

IMAG0540_zpssn4dozsi.jpg