Kebab lets talk about it

Modo

What a useless thread lol.

And MODO

Kebab, Kabob (I actually mean kebab), all subject to geography. And I have yet to meet a Persian who doesn't believe their food is the best and the tastiest. Best Middle eastern food is Lebanese .

:lol2:

Lebanese food is on my top list, if you're ever in LA there's Sunnin in Westwood. Been the for 20 years, always a wait. I go there whenever I need to be reminded why Persian food IS the best. :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess I really need to get on this tadig.

At family dinners we used to fight for it as kids, I would take the biggest piece and lick it so my older cousins wouldn't jack it. This was back in the day before they could afford the second and third rice cooker, lol.

1. Persians did not invent it.

2. It is pronounced kebab or kebap.

3. You all are talking homemade stuff, which sort of makes it hard to determine a winner. Indeed it look delicious though

Kebab, Kabob (I actually mean kebab), all subject to geography. And I have yet to meet a Persian who doesn't believe their food is the best and the tastiest. Best Middle eastern food is Lebanese .

:lol2:

+1

Lebanese and turkish. Without any doubt whatsoever!

The Shishlik from Shandiz in Mashad is the best Kabob (I actually mean kebab) I've ever had. Haven't been in 10 years or so, but back then it was amazing.

It´s Kebab! And turkish is the best food out there(have yet to taste lebanse, but I guess it is smilar)! THE END!

THIS. This my fellow kebablovers, is what I am talking about.. When I die, I want to wake up here, just right here.

You asshat I don't want to embarrass you in public, but you are calling shawarma, Kabob (I actually mean kebab).. Automatic disqualification.

It´s Kebab! And turkish is the best food out there(have yet to taste lebanse, but I guess it is smilar)! THE END!

doner Kabob (I actually mean kebab) is awesome, make it a point to try some Lebanese ASAP. Same same, but different.

You asshat I don't want to embarrass you in public, but you are calling shawarma, Kabob (I actually mean kebab).. Automatic disqualification.

I agree. Gyro's are awesome, but that's not kebab either. Vahid, those pictures look great.

No, the PERSIAN word for the true original kebab (pictured on my post above) is shawarma (which I honestly don't like at all)

You are out on thin ice on this one, I'm a pro, I'm fat, come at me BRAAH :icon_mrgreen:

I agree. Gyro's are awesome, but that's not kebab either. Vahid, those pictures look great.

Gyro is the Greek version of meat on a spit. Those pics Vahid posted are EXACTLY how and what Kabob (I actually mean kebab) is, like holy grail perfect.

No, the PERSIAN word for the true original kebab (pictured on my post above) is shawarma (which I honestly don't like at all)

You are out on thin ice on this one, I'm a pro, I'm fat, come at me BRAAH :icon_mrgreen:

Jirre, I say this out of a place of respect, SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN. :icon_mrgreen: Everyone but the Turkish call skewered meat Kabob (I actually mean kebab).

How can you not like shawarma? its like Kabobs lazy cousin.

Sounds like somones got a pollo stuck up their asado. :icon_butt:

More like his chorizo stuck in the sandwich press.

All this talk about food. I'm thinking shish kafta for lunch now.

You lucky bastard, Detroit has awesome Lebanese food.

Gyro is the Greek version of meat on a spit. Those pics Vahid posted are EXACTLY how and what Kabob (I actually mean kebab) is, like holy grail perfect.

Believe me I know. A good chunk of my friends are Greek. My next door neigbors do a whole lamb on a spit for Greek Easter every year. Crazy good. The first year they did it another neighbor called the police because he thought they were cooking a dog...idiot. The largest Greek festival in the world outside of Greece is here in Cincinnati every year (Panegyri). I also love all Greek food, but that's off topic.

Believe me I know. A good chunk of my friends are Greek. My next door neigbors do a whole lamb on a spit for Greek Easter every year. Crazy good. The first year they did it another neighbor called the police because he thought they were cooking a dog...idiot. The largest Greek festival in the world outside of Greece is here in Cincinnati every year (Panegyri). I also love all Greek food, but that's off topic.

if we're going off topic, Korean BBQ.. Talk amongst yourselves.

One of my best friends is Korean. His moms license plate is "KIMCHI". The rehearsal dinner at his wedding last year was off the hook. All his aunts that flew over from Korea cooked all day. Everyone took about ten pounds in leftovers home. Gal-bi is my favorite, Bulgogi second. I have his moms weeklong marinade recipe for both if you want it. There's a great Korean restaurant near me that has traditional floor seating and grilles built into the tables. Everything there is awesome. I would go just to eat all the banchan.

What they have in America is so drastically different than what I had in Korea. Hard for me to process.