Modo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the guys coming over tomorrow and I have no inclination or desire to make Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab). Sad state of affairs at the moment. Jirre still posting shwarma pics and calling it kebab. Lol

Some of the guys coming over tomorrow and I have no inclination or desire to make Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab). Sad state of affairs at the moment. Jirre still posting shwarma pics and calling it kebab. Lol

Step out of your persian bubble and see the light. KEBAB!

Some of the guys coming over tomorrow and I have no inclination or desire to make Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab). Sad state of affairs at the moment. Jirre still posting shwarma pics and calling it kebab. Lol

Damn, that sounds serious. You should probably see a doctor. Try therapy? A cleanse? Seance to rid the house of anti-Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) spirits? You could always go eat a some really shitty shawarma and it would make you want the real deal.

Step out of your persian bubble and see the light. KEBAB!

Whats up with the kebab machine? Everyone is kebab slacking lately (myself included). I am now craving some, only one thing to do...

I think were going to whip the kabobeque out on new years and have another LP party.

Sounds like a plan. Probably doing the same. I made venison jerky yesterday. Four kinds at the same time to test for flavor: Kebab style with harissa, za'atar, shawarma and kabobs seasoning, Teriyaki with five spice and szechuan peppers, Jamaican jerk jerky, and Chipotle tobasco mustard barbeque. The whole house just smelled like awesome kabobs for eight straight hours. Couldn't even smell the other spices and seasoning.

20141227_025101_zpshmxmor7c.jpg

On top of this I turned on the TV and the Anthony Bourdain Melbourne episode was on and they had tons of Lebanese food including lamb ribs and kabobs immediately followed by this.

I am now craving kabobs/kebab like never before.

Awesome! I was literally just talking about making some venison jerky! Let me know how they turn out!

They all turned out well. Teriyaki was the crowd favorite. The lesson learned was that the marinade and sauce works best when it is a nice thick viscosity. The thinner runnier sauces made for a drier less flavorful jerky.

Made venison kebab with lamb bacon last night. Super good.

20150105_183240_zpsrzfz5bgp.jpg

20150105_183535_zpsklpkiugj.jpg

Jirre, I know I told you not to waste truffles on kebab, but I decided to try it anyway. I used white and black truffle butter to saute the meat (after it was grilled), onion, and enoki mushrooms. I could barely taste it over all the other flavors.

20150106_211533_zpsulolijjp.jpg

Someone has one upped your kebab dedication. Your move.

tumblr_ng2yqjRNpD1qztdg6o1_500.jpg

Modo, I found a new koobideh recipe. I anticipated your response and left a comment.

They all turned out well. Teriyaki was the crowd favorite. The lesson learned was that the marinade and sauce works best when it is a nice thick viscosity. The thinner runnier sauces made for a drier less flavorful jerky.

What is that white sauce?

What is that white sauce?

Basically tzatziki sauce. Greek yogurt, cucumber, salt, pepper, sumac, saffron, garlic, and whatever else my wife put in it. Had a Greek buddy over so I had to appease his Gyro loving side.

Basically tzatziki sauce. Greek yogurt, cucumber, salt, pepper, sumac, saffron, garlic, and whatever else my wife put in it. Had a Greek buddy over so I had to appease his Gyro loving side.

They look tasty. I do love Gyros.

20150105_183240_zpsrzfz5bgp.jpg

20150105_183535_zpsklpkiugj.jpg

Jirre, I know I told you not to waste truffles on kebab, but I decided to try it anyway. I used white and black truffle butter to saute the meat (after it was grilled), onion, and enoki mushrooms. I could barely taste it over all the other flavors.

20150106_211533_zpsulolijjp.jpg

Someone has one upped your kebab dedication. Your move.

tumblr_ng2yqjRNpD1qztdg6o1_500.jpg

Modo, I found a new koobideh recipe. I anticipated your response and left a comment.

Hmm, was the truffles really not noticed at all? Nothing you would recommend at all?

Your pics are BOSS and I salute you by the way!

And LOL at the tatoo, OMG!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...