Sent the 570 to Underground Racing

duhawks

I ran some fast twin turbo coyote engine mustang last night with me on 93 pump gas and walked it easy. It had skinnys and 28 drag radials. Was a 9 second car, and he turned up the power with me last night.

All this means is outside of TX2k, the GTT is still the street king by a long shot.

Niiiiiiiice !!! :icon_super:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm afraid your right lol. My guess is a race version if Kevin plays his cards right.

you will probably get the Kevin phone call.....

"I got this truck going to xxxx and can put your stuff on it and upgrade you to a R version".

I'm afraid your right lol. My guess is a race version if Kevin plays his cards right.

Hmmm ... I believe PCJR would say ... That's the unmistakable sound of bait hitting the water ...

The price increase between a stage 3 with race heads that is proven reliable and a stage 1R with the necessary supporting mods to the transmission is quite a bit.

My stupid hamster of a brain logic----Not all of the R versions have the 100% of the tranny mods and they are fine but if you're like Mullet, then that is never enough and you might as well skip 1R and goto 2R !!!!

The price increase between a stage 3 with race heads that is proven reliable and a stage 1R with the necessary supporting mods to the transmission is quite a bit.

My stupid hamster of a brain logic----Not all of the R versions have the 100% of the tranny mods and they are fine but if you're like Mullet, then that is never enough and you might as well skip 1R and goto 2R !!!!

That is what I am learning. There are like a lot of baby 1Rs running around. Sounds like building the tranny would be a benefit so less headaches down the road. Looks like a Stage 3 with race heads really is the best deal on the planet. The race heads will allow more power on less boost which means faster spool. You also can run 1250 wheel on unleaded fuel. I hate leaded fuel because its bad on the plugs and 02 sensors.

Not sure if you're doing a 1R or 2R but on my 1R its good as long as they're warmed up and the weather is above, say 70 degrees. Colder weather can be a bit scary if you're not prepared. So far, the consensus is the R888 tires are the way to go.

Hi all,

As I am going down the TT route, the R888's sound a little scary when cold.

Do you have to warm them up in the burnout pad before a run on the quarter mile?

Has any one tried the new Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo tyres or the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 in the standing start events?

I am basing this query on the following tire review which may have value or not.

http://johnwmahler.wordpress.com/category/tire-test/

Any comment appreciated.

cheers,

john

Hi all,

Do you have to warm them up in the burnout pad before a run on the quarter mile?

Has any one tried the new Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo tyres or the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 in the standing start events?

I am basing this query on the following tire review which may have value or not.

Any comment appreciated.

cheers,

john

It was like 70s or 80s out when I was last at the drag strip. I had about 780 wheel in all gears in my car as a bolt on. I would just floor it and the thing would dead hook 1st. Some times it would try to step out on me but I made it my bitch and just kept the gas down lol. 888's are great!

Hi all,

Any comment appreciated.

cheers,

john

Don't let my statement mislead you. I may have exaggerated by using the term "scary". At no time did I think I'd lose control, but the tires were most likely hard due to the weather and not able to handle the hp level I was at. Under normal use, I haven't had any issues. I have not driven them in the rain, however, so I can't speak on that.

I would stick to the proven formula, regardless. That review holds no value as us TT guys care most about straight line traction and are putting down at least 3x what the test car used in that review is putting down.

Black cars have grown on me so much. I took my Superleggera stripe off and it looks mean!!! I am tempted to paint my calipers black and get ride of the yellow. Just not sure yet.

Your car looks great without the stripe. When Sprite painted the calipers verde Ithaca on the black SL he had, it looked insane. Just a thought if you are thinking about getting rid of the yellow calipers.

I can't find a pic, but here is a video.

That is what I am learning. There are like a lot of baby 1Rs running around. Sounds like building the tranny would be a benefit so less headaches down the road. Looks like a Stage 3 with race heads really is the best deal on the planet. The race heads will allow more power on less boost which means faster spool. You also can run 1250 wheel on unleaded fuel. I hate leaded fuel because its bad on the plugs and 02 sensors.

Exactly. My 100 octane yields 1290whp!

Don't let my statement mislead you. I may have exaggerated by using the term "scary". At no time did I think I'd lose control, but the tires were most likely hard due to the weather and not able to handle the hp level I was at. Under normal use, I haven't had any issues. I have not driven them in the rain, however, so I can't speak on that.

I would stick to the proven formula, regardless. That review holds no value as us TT guys care most about straight line traction and are putting down at least 3x what the test car used in that review is putting down.

Hi medici78,

thank you for the clarification.

I will go with the proven TT formulae of 235/35/19 front and 305/30/19 rear R888's for the drag strip.

Will run Michelin PSS 235/35 front and 295/30/19 rear for street and track 'tune and test' days.

cheers,

john

Hi medici78,

thank you for the clarification.

I will go with the proven TT formulae of 235/35/19 front and 305/30/19 rear R888's for the drag strip.

Will run Michelin PSS 235/35 front and 295/30/19 rear for street and track 'tune and test' days.

cheers,

john

John, on the street, in a stage 3 Underground Racing kit, even in 55* weather, you will not have any traction issues at all with the R888s (at least when they are fresh) This is where boost by gear comes into play.

This is my car on race gas, from a 50 roll, in 55* weather. Just smash the gas, hold on, and feel your eye sockets propel to the back of your brain... :icon_mrgreen:

John, on the street, in a stage 3 Underground Racing kit, even in 55* weather, you will not have any traction issues at all with the R888s (at least when they are fresh) This is where boost by gear comes into play.

This is my car on race gas, from a 50 roll, in 55* weather. Just smash the gas, hold on, and feel your eye sockets propel to the back of your brain... :icon_mrgreen:

Hi Kisco,

stunning, jaw dropping is all I can say :icon_thumleft:

That wasn't a kill, more like a slaughter.

The bike rider (we call them 'temporary Australians' or 'organ donors' over here) must have wondered what him !!!

You sure gave him the opportunity to check if your brake lights were working, if he wasn't too far away.!

cheers,

john

Hi Kisco,

stunning, jaw dropping is all I can say :icon_thumleft:

That wasn't a kill, more like a slaughter.

The bike rider (we call them 'temporary Australians' or 'organ donors' over here) must have wondered what him !!!

You sure gave him the opportunity to check if your brake lights were working, if he wasn't too far away.!

cheers,

john

Thanks, John. The stage 3 really is the ultimate package, IMO.

I noticed you had wheels on your car. Are those OZ Superleggeras?

Thanks, John. The stage 3 really is the ultimate package, IMO.

I noticed you had wheels on your car. Are those OZ Superleggeras?

Hi Kisco,

Yes they are. Bought from djastral69 with near new MPSS.

Shipped all way to me here down under and arrived in very good order.

(thanks david)

last Wednesday night at the drag strip was their first public outing!

They really look the part on the G, especially with the orange brake calipers.

Also combined 51lbs lighter than stock wheels and appear to have a little more offset than standard wheels. Maybe offset is an optical illusion on my part.

A nice photo of the same wheels on Grey LP 560-4 owned by roncfpz on :

<a href="http://www.another board/vbforum/f47/callisto-vs-oz-ultraleggera-vs-oz-superlegiata-31137/" target="_blank">http://www.another board/vbforum/f4...rlegiata-31137/</a>

cheers,

john

post-130322-1382646881_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1382647468_thumb.jpg

Hi Kisco,

Yes they are. Bought from djastral69 with near new MPSS.

Shipped all way to me here down under and arrived in very good order.

(thanks david)

last Wednesday night at the drag strip was their first public outing!

They really look the part on the G, especially with the orange brake calipers.

Also combined 51lbs lighter than stock wheels and appear to have a little more offset than standard wheels. Maybe offset is an optical illusion on my part.

A nice photo of the same wheels on Grey LP 560-4 owned by roncfpz on :

http://www.another board/vbforum/f4...rlegiata-31137/

cheers,

john

Whoa.... Wait... 51lbs? Where do you get these?!?!

Whoa.... Wait... 51lbs? Where do you get these?!?!

Hi Dustin,

that's what I read off the other lambo forum that has no name that I was directed to when I googled up question on weight of the oz superleggera HLT for Lamborghini Gallardo.

I bought the rims and tyres from djastral69 who may have more technical details.

I do like the look of them and apparently (?) they are the same or very same weight as the oem rims on the LP570 superleggera. Roncfpz gives the wheels very good wraps as a forged rim for his track work.

cheers,

john

ps david at fabspeed would have the technical details.

ive done a few sets if you'd like a quote! :eusa_dance:

Hi David,

Just for my interest, I too am interested in the weight saving over oem, if you can provide this info, as have had several enquiries on the rims.

cheers,

john

Hi David,

Just for my interest, I too am interested in the weight saving over oem, if you can provide this info, as have had several enquiries on the rims.

cheers,

john

PS I believe the 51(?) lbs may be some equivalent body weight number conversion of unsprung weight saved on wheels. You can also switch to titanium lug bolts to save more unsprung weight.

Definitely needs clarification from someone with the oem rim specs and the oz racing rim specs

Hi Dustin,

that's what I read off the other lambo forum that has no name that I was directed to when I googled up question on weight of the oz superleggera HLT for Lamborghini Gallardo.

I bought the rims and tyres from djastral69 who may have more technical details.

I do like the look of them and apparently (?) they are the same or very same weight as the oem rims on the LP570 superleggera. Roncfpz gives the wheels very good wraps as a forged rim for his track work.

cheers,

john

ps david at fabspeed would have the technical details.

Hi David,

cheers,

john

PS I believe the 51(?) lbs may be some equivalent body weight number conversion of unsprung weight saved on wheels. You can also switch to titanium lug bolts to save more unsprung weight.

Definitely needs clarification from someone with the oem rim specs and the oz racing rim specs

OK so i just talked to OZ's distributor... the Superlegerra 1 piece was discontinued and replaced with the Ultralegerra HLT. they are 19x8.5 +32 and 19x11 +42 the fronts weigh 22lbs and the rears are 24.8lbs. the bolt pattern is correct but the offset on the rear is a little higher than stock so you MAY need to run a 4mm spacer (tiny). theyre under $2000 for the sets shipped.