Sent the 570 to Underground Racing

duhawks

So Duhawks got banned for buying a TT kit from a non sponsor and all it took to get back on the board was him agreeing to buy a TT kit from UGR. LOVE IT!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Duhawks got banned for buying a TT kit from a non sponsor and all it took to get back on the board was him agreeing to buy a TT kit from UGR. LOVE IT!

Ridiculous and true.

I honestly rather not get into any of that. Too many feelings get hurt in this hobby unfortunately. I actually enjoy getting trashed talked, banned, going back and forth with friends, and just being really competitive. That is what is fun for me. At the end of the day I don't take anything personally at all.

A lot of people don't understand what goes on behind the scenes and only see what is on these silly forums. These forums get taken too serious at times. I use it for entertainment. If I need a good laugh I hop on trash talk my buddies. It is almost as fun as actually racing. If you don't have any skin in the game then I also don't think anyone gets an opinion or deserves any explanation.

I don't really care to elaborate any because I feel like its irrelevant. I don't put my personal business on the forums. That is what the phones, and emails are for, business. These forums are just for fun.

I honestly rather not get into any of that. Too many feelings get hurt in this hobby unfortunately. I actually enjoy getting trashed talked, banned, going back and forth with friends, and just being really competitive. That is what is fun for me. At the end of the day I don't take anything personally at all.

A lot of people don't understand what goes on behind the scenes and only see what is on these silly forums. These forums get taken too serious at times. I use it for entertainment. If I need a good laugh I hop on trash talk my buddies. It is almost as fun as actually racing. If you don't have any skin in the game then I also don't think anyone gets an opinion or deserves any explanation.

I don't really care to elaborate any because I feel like its irrelevant. I don't put my personal business on the forums. That is what the phones, and emails are for, business. These forums are just for fun.

Wasn't trying to stir up shit...just poking fun at the weird situation. Glad you are back. :icon_thumleft:

Wasn't trying to stir up shit...just poking fun at the weird situation. Glad you are back. :icon_thumleft:

Oh I wasn't directing that at you :) I actually laughed when I got banned. Getting banned means I doing something right with talking trash lol.

I was just talking about the reasons to why I sent my car to UGR. I have gotten called and text a lot about it. But I feel like I don't owe anyone an explanation unless your about maybe 3 people.

It is good to get back on here and stir stuff up :) I am confused on which name I should use though some times lol.

The whole situation sucks. All I know is karma is a bitch....

It does suck. What makes it worse is people who comment on it and don't have the entire story or even know about it. I have spent the last year donating two cars to them for R and D and I have spent a ton of money at the shop. I never once asked for favors there or for hookups. I always paid my way and told Cicio that would always be the case. I even totaled my first car but I never once got mad about it. I even almost died.. I chalked it up to R and D and kept pushing forward because I was a team player. I have never said one bad thing about that shop and have always had their back. It is clear it is one sided. If they want to make me look bad so be it. I know the story.

Guy called them yesterday asking them about my car because it is still listed for sale. They said they didn't know anything about that car. Hah... shows true colors.

I am not going to get into any of this with anyone. At the end of the day all I can do is be honest. If people cannot accept that then fine. That is on them not me.

I wanted a fast car and UGR is king of that. That is why I sent them my car. End of story.

Karma is a bitch. I suggest everyone act like adults.

The whole situation sucks. All I know is karma is a bitch....

The irony is unmatched on this one! Yes, Karma is a bitch indeed!

Just think, Dustin, how sweet it will be when TS sees your tail lights (and the rest of the UGR crew) at TX soon. :icon_mrgreen:

I think drama just naturally comes with the car game. I have to say though, there's nothing like skipping all that when going with a proven package like UGR's. It won't be cheap, but its as close to drama free as 4-digit horsepower gets

I think drama just naturally comes with the car game. I have to say though, there's nothing like skipping all that when going with a proven package like UGR's. It won't be cheap, but its as close to drama free as 4-digit horsepower gets

:iamwithstupid: I had my car at an exotic car show over the weekend where there were several dealers with cars present, and a Porsche salesman asked me how much power it made, and after I told him 1k whp on pump, he said, "Well how many problems have you had since you had that done?" I said "none whatsoever," and he looked really surprised, and then he said "Well how is the driveability compared to stock?" and I said "It drives exactly like stock except it goes a whole lot faster when you press the gas." I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me, but oh well.

Gallardo/R8 is the best platform in my opinion. You can crank a lot of power out and grip isn't an issue, neither is breaking parts if the tuner knows what they are doing.

I see more and more GTRs break. I really think with the dropping prices of the Gallardos and the R8s we will see more guys buy the cars and TT them for sure.

but its as close to drama free as 4-digit horsepower gets

Mine hasn't been all that drama free. Each ass whoopin I have given resulted in a whole list of excuses afterwards...:)

Mine hasn't been all that drama free. Each ass whoopin I have given resulted in a whole list of excuses afterwards...:)

If I lose I just say F that. Lets go again and again. Until my wife calls and says I have to come home lol.

LOL Dustin, you crack me up man....my wife would be LONG asleep and come morning start worrying.

Peter

He's still in the honeymoon phase, give it time.

He's still in the honeymoon phase, give it time.

LOL BINGO. Can't wait for my wife to realize I get on her nerves so she tells me to get out of the house for a bit. One time I was roll racing and talking to her on the blue tooth at the same time lol.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!"

"Umm just driving babe, casual cruise!"

"WHAT I CANNOT HEAR YOU"

:iamwithstupid: I had my car at an exotic car show over the weekend where there were several dealers with cars present, and a Porsche salesman asked me how much power it made, and after I told him 1k whp on pump, he said, "Well how many problems have you had since you had that done?" I said "none whatsoever," and he looked really surprised, and then he said "Well how is the driveability compared to stock?" and I said "It drives exactly like stock except it goes a whole lot faster when you press the gas." I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me, but oh well.

There's some folks on here who also have trouble believing it, but its much more fun to live in teh game than on the sidelines talking shit. :jackoff:

I did have a vacuum leak on mine that was easily rectified, but the root cause had nothing to do with the UGR installation.

The only real increase in running costs for me has been the C16 expense.

The race heads are part of the "R" package but many of us stage 3 guys run them because you can make 100-150 more whp on 93 octane pump gas (around 1150 whp). Not only that, you get more area under the curve across the whole rpm range, better spool, more responsive, etc...

What's the difference between the race engine head and a regular engine head?

The race heads are part of the "R" package but many of us stage 3 guys run them because you can make 100-150 more whp on 93 octane pump gas (around 1150 whp). Not only that, you get more area under the curve across the whole rpm range, better spool, more responsive, etc...

I'll have one order of race heads please.

I call the stage 3 with race heads the Peter Package.

Just think, Dustin, how sweet it will be when TS sees your tail lights (and the rest of the UGR crew) at TX soon. :icon_mrgreen:

That would require the UGR cars to actually show up to a sanctioned TX event and not just hard park at the beginning of the drag strip. :icon_thumleft: