The Clark W. Griswold king of exterior holiday illumination thread

Roman

FYI, I am not evening putting up a tree this year. Bah humbug.

I wish I could get to the spot in my living room where I put mine last year. I let a friend move in for awhile to help him out, and he has more shit than I do. :lol2:

Last year at the JPegs

post-22919-1384537375.jpg

That is awesome!

If you want to do it proper....

You want "commercial" grade light spools. You can get these off ebay, or websites like this:

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/c9-1000-...trings--459.htm

You can custom order bulb combos that way, choose LED or regular old C9 Bulbs.

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/c9-chris...-lights--87.htm

Also, GE Color effects are the fcuking shit! Too bad they don't make them in the longer lengths anymore.

They are having a 20% off today until midnight. Ordered myself about 800 blubs worth of C9 and 5mm's so I'll have some work to do later this week. :eusa_dance:

• 1 year later...

It's that time. :icon_mrgreen:

I got a couple laser lights for uplighting the trees, still working out the rest of the planning.

Roman, I know you have at least one new addition.

It's that time. :icon_mrgreen:

I got a couple laser lights for uplighting the trees, still working out the rest of the planning.

Roman, I know you have at least one new addition.

Yup... I built a large 14' tall star... It was inspired by this: http://www.dailybulletin.com/general-news/...height-property

http://www.insidesocal.com/davidallen/2010...christmas-star/

Hung it on the side of my 20 foot tall garage that can be seen for miles in the valley below...

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

11012182_10205182825836904_8897290105471544081_n.jpg

IMG_3604.JPG

This thread needs more pics. We will put up a small tree and a few decorations but nothing too crazy since we are in a small apartment this year. :(

Chappy cell pic, but this is where I'm at thus far. Will get some better shots of the laser lights, they are awesome in person (on trees, pretty gay on the side of buildings IMO)

20151129_210430.jpg

Looking good! What do you have planned for the windows?

I'm not sure yet, we had them outlined last year but I thought it looked a little sloppy. :eusa_think:

I'm not sure yet, we had them outlined last year but I thought it looked a little sloppy. :eusa_think:

What about a wreath or simple candle in the window?

programmable/addressable rgb led lights are the way to go if you are a bit tech saavy..program your own controllers and the colors and sequences are endless...no one will have the same set up as you do for any lights...pair them with music, motion sensors, etc makes a nice display, interactive or not...

Chappy cell pic, but this is where I'm at thus far. Will get some better shots of the laser lights, they are awesome in person (on trees, pretty gay on the side of buildings IMO)

Are the Laser Lights the one that look like snowfall when they are on the ground/trees or is it something else?

I love the LED look. You can see my house from across town :eusa_think: lol, but I suspect its because no one else has their stuff out just yet. I wish we had trees in our back yard. We live on a man made lake and some of our neighbors light their back yard trees. Pretty cool.

This is about par for us the last two years. I take decent care of our gear and was quite upset when I had 4 strands with many duds. This is their third season. Home Depot seems to be interested in taking care of it for me. Waiting for a call back.

Believe it or not- I am about 20miles out side of Buffalo take just now. 42 degrees out.. Somethins' missin'. (Let me be clear, I'M not missing it)

Merry Christmas!

i-mpkxwwq-L.jpg

Are the Laser Lights the one that look like snowfall when they are on the ground/trees or is it something else?

Some have movement but mine are just single color stationary (green) Just looks like a million little green dots, but when the leaves move on the tree it makes a cool shimmering effect.

Not the cheapest by any stretch, but these are the cleanest ones I found. The cheaper ones just use a poorly perforated filter over the laser and the light distribution is sketchy and inconsistent at best.

http://www.laserchristmaslights.com/