Anyone into Offroad R/C cars? Any advice?

Allan-Herbie

Sounds like pain in the ball sack!

I'm already over it. I still have guns I bought that I've yet to shoot. Last thing I need is another money pit hobby.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iamwithstupid:

This is not sounding all that attractive

I have a hobby shop near the house so I bought a ready to go buggy and the first time I ran it it was awesome. Then I charged it and it didn't run right and now it's doesn't respond to the controller and I don't have time to deal with it.

Gas cars are loud as shit if you have neighbors anywhere near you and electric if you get 2 sets of batteries run for a decent amount of time with no mess.

Good point…did not think about the noise...

I'm already over it. I still have guns I bought that I've yet to shoot. Last thing I need is another money pit hobby.

Guns is boring. Not worth the effort involved, the drive out etc..

Racing, food, cocktails and jacuzzi.. sounds like a perfect day!

Guns is boring. Not worth the effort involved, the drive out etc..

Racing, food, cocktails and jacuzzi.. sounds like a perfect day!

fine

fine

Out here it's not THAT hard. There's federal land up the 33 with a free outdoor range where you can pop caps. I went out there with some good ole boys and blew all kind of shit up.

i also have the traxxas revo. rc cars have come a long way. when i was a kid i was sponsored by team losi/jrx10.

traxxas was garbage back then, but now for a few hundred bucks you get a badass car AND ITS ASSEMBLED!

Gas is a pain.. it is messy.

Make sure you get the best of the best lithium ion battery packs. they are worth the money.

I used to run Associated rc/10 cars, but that was a long time ago.. They were always better than Traxxas.

http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/B5_B5M/

this is the best place to purchase anything and everything!

http://towerhobbies.com/?gclid=CPau0_Lc2LsCFViVfgodDxgAXg

You should get into Helicopters.. You will go through about $2000 in parts before you even learn how to hover the damned things! LOL..

Out here it's not THAT hard. There's federal land up the 33 with a free outdoor range where you can pop caps. I went out there with some good ole boys and blew all kind of shit up.

WE MUST DO THIS

i also have the traxxas revo. rc cars have come a long way. when i was a kid i was sponsored by team losi/jrx10.

traxxas was garbage back then, but now for a few hundred bucks you get a badass car AND ITS ASSEMBLED!

Just read this.. i said the same thing.. i know traxxas has came a long ways, but just looking at the name makes me remember how shitty they were compared to Losi and Associated.

The best thing about the Traxxas stuff is every hobby shop carries the parts for your shit. There are some better brands/cars out there but you always break stuff and after a while its nice to just zip up and pick up what you need instead of having to order the part. The brushless e-revo is a bad ass machine though! Check out your local craigslist and find one that someone opened up and ran once or twice and wasn't into it. They sell the shit for pennies on the dollar and they are always on there.

Just read this.. i said the same thing.. i know traxxas has came a long ways, but just looking at the name makes me remember how shitty they were compared to Losi and Associated.

yep, rc10 and jrx10 were the $hit back then.

1/4 scale gas. Bought a 1/4 scale gas weed whacker powered car a few years ago. Lots of fun if you have the space to use it.

2441_58179241804_4786528_n.jpg

2441_58179216804_2762343_n.jpg

2441_58179201804_3609209_n.jpg

Assman, you guys will be more accurate with your bipods lowered…they are way to hi for prone or on a bench. Now back to RC cars haahaa

At my house I have a good piece of land that I could turn into a great R/C track.. So some of us local guys are thinking of getting some offroad buggies. Any suggestions? We are thinking electric as gas is a pain in the ass!

I have two of these sitting in the garage. Anthony and I had a blast with them. He lost interest, now they are sitting. Insane speed. Electric and they take twin 8.4v battery packs. have 4 chargers (each charge two packs at a time) and 16 battery packs. Got all kinds of spare parts. i sell to you for special LP member price :icon_thumleft:

20090314181301.jpg

I've had the e-maxx, savage, e-revo, HPI RS4 on road gas. I agree that the gas cars are a pain in the ass, unless you want to get crazy with 1/4 scale and 4-stroke engines but you are talking serious cash and less of a screw around thing. the Slash 4x4 is a cool bang around truck and they work pretty well and are fun. You can get just as crazy with upgrades on suspension and motors also.

At my house I have a good piece of land that I could turn into a great R/C track.. So some of us local guys are thinking of getting some offroad buggies. Any suggestions? We are thinking electric as gas is a pain in the ass!

Hands down get a 1/8th scale HPI Vorza. It goes close to 70mph stock and is tough as nails. It's an amazing machine. It can spin all four tires for 100 feet with a 6S battery.

It's all wheel drive.

GET IT!

HPI101850-4.jpg

Hands down get a 1/8th scale HPI Vorza. It goes close to 70mph stock and is tough as nails. It's an amazing machine. It can spin all four tires for 100 feet with a 6S battery.

It's all wheel drive.

GET IT!

http://www.rcplanet.com/v/vspfiles/photos/HPI101850-4.jpg

I've got a Stampede 4x4 VXL (so does my brother and his girlfriend). My girl has a Slash 4x4 VXL

As for the durability of Traxxas, they are tough, but stock parts will break. replacement pieces are cheap, and very much readily available. You can also get upgraded parts (I like RPM, they have a lifetime waranty, and they are flexible enough to take a good hit)

that being said, I have seen a Vorza in action, and I wouldnt steer you away from one. It will set you back quite a bit more to start with, but it's one hell of a machine.