Aventador vs McLaren....

FikseSTS

We did two runs at the event today,

10.503 @ 133.95 vs 11.14 @ 129.73

10.42 @ 135.69 vs 11.26 @ 129.53

more to come...

Mclaren is truly amazing! I'd own one right this second if I liked the looks as much as the Aventador. Either way that is soooo fast!

Power to weight ratio, the Mac is faster but the Aventador driver looks like he took a nap, I am not into drag racing, is the time for the Aventador slow or normal?

Must be one of the slowest Aventadors to date. Maybe its the after marker wheels?

Or driver is shit? I thought they ranged from 10.6 to 10.9.

Anyway the Mac was faster on the day. But still ugly compared to the Aventador

Power to weight ratio, the Mac is faster but the Aventador driver looks like he took a nap, I am not into drag racing, is the time for the Aventador slow or normal?

Aventador can sit at the line for 10 minutes after the Mclaren leaves. Doesn't make a difference as his time doesn't start till he moves and breaks the lights.

Pretty much identical.times to what the two Lambo Esperianza Aventadors ran at the track as well. Pretty crappy inmo. I think the Huracan is going to dust it.

I see, there you go now you know how much I know about drag racing :icon_mrgreen:

One more question, if the Aventador driver wasn't asleep (faster reaction) could he get a faster time?

It looks like the Mac takes of then the Aventador driver wakes up thinking damn I think he left I better take off :icon_mrgreen:

The Huracan will be faster no doubt about that.

I see, there you go now you know how much I know about drag racing :icon_mrgreen:

One more question, if the Aventador driver wasn't asleep (faster reaction) could he get a faster time?

It looks like the Mac takes of then the Aventador driver wakes up thinking damn I think he left I better take off :icon_mrgreen:

The Huracan will be faster no doubt about that.

Yes the Aventador could still get a faster time.. timing starts for him when he hits the gas

the aftermarket wheels might have affected the time. seems like they are larger than stock and might weigh more. plus lambo supposedly came up with power upgrades for the car so i'd wish for another showdown with all those factory mods and stock wheels.

nonetheless, great showing by the MP4. the little car taking on the big dogs. hopefully next time we get to see a mile run to see what happens.

Mclaren is truly amazing! I'd own one right this second if I liked the looks as much as the Aventador. Either way that is soooo fast!

Was it your car that was called an Aventador by the announcer?

Every test has Aventador in the low 10's. The Mac is a fast car, but theres so many factors at play in these vids. Maybe the Aventdor driver didnt want to kill the clutch in launch mode. Although one thing that it makes clear, is how much easier cars like the Mac and Porsche PDK cars are to drive hard consistently. Granted..Lambo still hasnt ditched the archaic pick up truck AWD system making launching tough. Both great cars, but my heart is still with Santa ####'s finest..

Did the Aventador use LC? Kinda doesnt´sound like it.

Not in the the first run, no. The driver just hits the accelerator.

Started to use it in the second run then it timed out and the driver was just pegging the limiter (sounded painful) before taking off.

Every test has Aventador in the low 10's. The Mac is a fast car, but theres so many factors at play in these vids. Maybe the Aventdor driver didnt want to kill the clutch in launch mode. Although one thing that it makes clear, is how much easier cars like the Mac and Porsche PDK cars are to drive hard consistently. Granted..Lambo still hasnt ditched the archaic pick up truck AWD system making launching tough. Both great cars, but my heart is still with Santa ####'s finest..

Every magazine has the Aventador at High 10s.

I have seen Mclaren vs Aventador in lots of 1/4 mile runs and a half mile runs and since the Mclaren had its update at the end of 2012 it has won every race I have seen. The McLaren has run mostly low to mid tens the Aventador has run low elevens the only time I have seen a high 10 listed for the Aventador is from a magazine , it is capable in good weather and good driver to run a high 10. The Mclaren in good air will perform great the ECM lets the boost come in, when it's hot it backs it way out to protect the motor and knocks off a few tenths.

no chance an Aventador is going low 10's at a real drag strip..... forget the computer generated numbers that are corrected to hell and back....

We went over launch mode, he did launch.....

yes the car has heavier wheels and had too much gas in the car, so some extra weight.. but the 12C is faster either way....

That was with launch mode....damn the Aventador trans is almost as bad as the Murcis!!! I drove a 991 Turbo S with PDK, take off was like being shot out of a gun. I'm assuming the Mac is the same way. With the Murci it slips the clutch for 5 - 10 seconds...weak

That launch looked rather docile. When I've launched the car, aventador launched like a monster. Looked real sluggish. Was that his second time launching or something?

no chance an Aventador is going low 10's at a real drag strip..... forget the computer generated numbers that are corrected to hell and back....

We went over launch mode, he did launch.....

yes the car has heavier wheels and had too much gas in the car, so some extra weight.. but the 12C is faster either way....

:iamwithstupid: the 12c is very very quick!

Not in the the first run, no. The driver just hits the accelerator.

Started to use it in the second run then it timed out and the driver was just pegging the limiter (sounded painful) before taking off.

Just what I think, it really doesn´t look and sound like he launched properly if at all. Not very representig of the Aventadors capabilites if you ask me.