DON'T BUY a car from Roy...

VCR

...because chances are you just might end up buying another one from him! :icon_mrgreen:

With all the scrutinizing on the vendors / sponsors here of late, I agree that we should all chip in to weed out the bad and credit the good.

Well, 2 positive marks for Mr. Roy Cats. A couple of years ago, I had the desire to get an older Lamborghini: not a vintage vehicle but one that is no longer produced but was made in the new millennium. Roy and I seem to have a soft spot for one particular model so I gave Roy a call. We looked at a few and I was quite fussy about it: either the the mileage was too high or the condition was not up to par etc... The interest was an on again, off again and on again thing. Roy kept his cool all along and eventually had one in his inventory that I like. It still have room for improvements so I wrote a 2-page list of things for Roy to do --- nothing major, most are paint-related. The trouble was the car already had a clear bra on it. Roy took care of it all --- removed the bra, fixed all the paint blemishes and re-apply a new bra etc... Roy also did a whole lot of upgrades to the car: HID's, exhaust, better plugs etc... Most of all, the car needs to be exported. All the transport and paperwork were spot on and the export/import formalities were completed without challenge. The car was and still is flawless. THANK YOU Roy!

So, obviously, that left a very good impression. So much so that when that Lambo itch was creeping up again, Roy was the first man I called. And...fair enough...he delivered. Now, unlike the last car, this one belonged to elsewhere so Roy was the middle-man. But he went as far as sending his own trailer to pick up the car and because I am a "repeat customer", the logistic charges were all done at cost only! And being my usual self, I put the car under a microscope and came up with another list for Roy. Again, the majority was aesthetic-related. So, at this stage, Roy is meticulously working away to complete my list; so far so good; and I expect nothing less from him and look forward to another great delivery.

Yes, the obvious question remains and yes, "this thread is useless without pics". But since I do not have the car yet, I thought I will keep the suspense for now. And it is also beyond that; there is more to this puzzle and I assure you that the end results of the entire package will be quite gratifying. I also like to thank those in the know but are keeping things quiet for now; you know who you are and thanks for the advice and assistance!

So, once again, don't buy a car from Roy unless you plan on going back for more; that just might happen; it did on me. Thanks again Roy!

:icon_thumleft:

It's always nice to read positive reviews about board sponsors!

Are you able to share any pics of the previous purchase from Roy?

:icon_thumleft:

Are you able to share any pics of the previous purchase from Roy?

The results of the complete-package will be greater, I can assure you. But just so this isn't fictional, I'll whet your appetite with a tiny pic. :)

Copy_of_3.JPG

Congrats! What color is that on the G?

Thank you. Alas, that 570 has a new owner now. Colour is Oro Elios (same as a Diablo 6.0SE)

OMG so it is true! Since I bought one Lambo from Roy another Lambo will be in my future from him!!! So Roy the big question is what kind of Lambo will I get??? I'm open for a really nice LM002 that's black with red interior, Jalpa in white with red guts, yellow urraco, a Countach painted Blu Cepheus or a green Miura!

VCR, I just love seeing this thread. I do know of a Lambo that you have that's under wraps (I'm itching to hear more about it). I don't know if you bought it from Roy but that begs me to ask the question.....do you have 4 Lambo's? I really hope you have a forth Lambo on the way and I hope the first letter starts with a M and ends with A

Yes, the obvious question remains and yes, "this thread is useless without pics". But since I do not have the car yet, I thought I will keep the suspense for now. And it is also beyond that; there is more to this puzzle and I assure you that the end results of the entire package will be quite gratifying. I also like to thank those in the know but are keeping things quiet for now; you know who you are and thanks for the advice and assistance!

You MUST be a politician, you said a lot without saying much :lol2: now you better come clean soon because I nearly lost my tongue from biting it, not sure how much longer I can keep the secret :icon_mrgreen:

One thing I can say VCR's collection is beyond insane :headbang: enjoy it in the best of health!

rhyno and Fortis, man you guys are not helping this one bit, aren't you. :icon_mrgreen:

As much as I would love a Miura, I don't think I am at the right place on the planet to own one. Proper servicing, parts sourcing and weather are all wrong for this car as far as location goes. The Miura, IMO, belongs to a museum or at somewhere with minimal temperature fluctuation and low humidity.

Whatever give you the idea on the number of Lambo's??

As afore-said, the pieces of the puzzle are scattered at the moment, literally. In time, it shall be revealed and pics will be posted. Please standby, patience is a virtue. :turboalex:

Thanks for the kind words. It is appreciated. I LOVE my work and treat each car as if it were going to stay in my OWN collection. I have had my fair share of "not good" cars come in. I have learned they are just not worth the headache and I send those off to Auction. Funny I was just talking to my head Mechanic last night. We were saying how we are more and more turning into a "restoration" shop with a lot of the cars. We bring them in and go over them with a fine tooth comb and then do whatever it takes to get them to the glory they deserve.

I recently built 2 service bays, hired top of the line Mechanic and we are more and more talking care of our own cars from start to finish. Its quite rewarding to take one of these cars and spend time on it to get it just right, but then sad to see some of them leave, they are like my kids leaving home. It makes me proud to know they are GOOD to GO.

I would love to post pictures of the Tractor we are doing for VCR know, but he has asked me not to.

FOR RYHNO.. I have coming back to me, probably arrives late next week. A 1989 LM002. I sold it to the current owner about 3 years ago. ITS BLACK!! but the interior is Black as well. It was a great piece when it left me years ago and appears the buyer kept it serviced, (have his records) and he put very very few miles on it. If I recall correctly, it has approx 10K miles or so on it currently. Excited to get it back. I know of NO other LM trucks even for sale on the market currently.

Cats Exotics should be the FIRST place anyone in search of a Lambo should go to. Roy's knowledge and customer service (which I know he is passing on to Jonathan) are the best. Roy, Teresa still loves HER" SV:

post-10721-1391183223_thumb.jpg

post-10721-1391183257_thumb.jpg

II would love to post pictures of the Tractor we are doing for VCR know, but he has asked me not to.

Not until you are able to find those Lamborghini air conditioners that I asked you to get.

The Miura, IMO, belongs to a museum or at somewhere with minimal temperature fluctuation and low humidity.

Buy a Ferrari :lol2: !!

Can't wait to see the tractor :D!

Roy goes that extra mile... :icon_mrgreen:

You pic cracks me up! Your humour is always appreciated. Thanks!

Congrats on the new Lambo VCR. Can't wait to see pics!

Thank you! In time, I shall deliver.

Buy a Ferrari :lol2: !!

Can't wait to see the tractor :D!

LOL! The only Ferrari's that stir interest would be the 288GTO, the F40 & the Enzo. All are too $$$ for me. :(

The Miura is a rolling piece of art. If I ever get one, I knew I would want to restore it back to perfection; that would take more than just $$. Luck is required on sourcing parts and the right people to do the restore. And suppose that could be done, do I then want to subject it to the rain & salt on the road? Whatever the remaining numbers are on the Miura's, they should be properly preserved to reflect the passion involved in designing and building these cars.

Pics will come once the puzzle is finished. Thanks!

I think Roy has a reputation that simply speaks for itself but let me just say that VCR himself is also a class act!

I had the pleasure meeting him during my trip to Vancouver and he was kind enough to take me to lunch and later showed me something really special! I must say I was stunned at how much passion he had for the brand and how detail oriented he was.

VCR, can't wait to see the end result!

You pic cracks me up! Your humour is always appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you! In time, I shall deliver.

LOL! The only Ferrari's that stir interest would be the 288GTO, the F40 & the Enzo. All are too $$$ for me. :(

The Miura is a rolling piece of art. If I ever get one, I knew I would want to restore it back to perfection; that would take more than just $$. Luck is required on sourcing parts and the right people to do the restore. And suppose that could be done, do I then want to subject it to the rain & salt on the road? Whatever the remaining numbers are on the Miura's, they should be properly preserved to reflect the passion involved in designing and building these cars.

Pics will come once the puzzle is finished. Thanks!

Well said :turboalex:

I think Roy has a reputation that simply speaks for itself but let me just say that VCR himself is also a class act!

I had the pleasure meeting him during my trip to Vancouver and he was kind enough to take me to lunch and later showed me something really special! I must say I was stunned at how much passion he had for the brand and how detail oriented he was.

VCR, can't wait to see the end result!

The pleasure was mine and thank you very much for your very kind words! Wish we had more time to chat about cars. Will keep you posted for sure.

Well said :turboalex:

Thanks! :turboalex:

Roy has helped me with some buying and selling too.. all good experiences. (a few lambos now.. where does the time go?!?)

Can you explain this.....car listed on CatExoctics ...

2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale

VIN #: ZHWGU7AJ2CLA11677

Mileage: 1,716

pics posted show Odometer at 1716 miles

yet carfax shows 5610 miles as last reported odometer reading,

See pics below....

catg1.jpg

catg2.jpg

catG.jpg

Can you explain this.....car listed on CatExoctics ...

2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale

VIN #: ZHWGU7AJ2CLA11677

Mileage: 1,716

pics posted show Odometer at 1716 miles

yet carfax shows 5610 miles as last reported odometer reading,

See pics below....

Thanks for brining that to my attention. NOT the first time that CarFax makes data entry mistakes. I would say I average at least 2 mistakes a month from them. From in-correct miles, to wrong locations for the car, to even twice accident reports that we were able to prove just were not correct. I will have my title gal contact CarFax and get it corrected. They DO correct things, but ONLY with solid documentation. MOST often we can prove that the CORRECT miles are on the DMV report of sale and they simply punched wrong numbers in.