Whats up with the price of used MP4-12C's?

el_chorizo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning a doorman and one of the security guards at my building were asking about Bill's car. They said, "What was that McLaren? It wasn't an MP4? Was it? It looked better than the MP4. That was a sweet car, etc"

I must say, Bill's car is on another level. The exhaust sounds great, the carbon interior transforms it and the changes to the bodywork make it an entirely different car. Finished in McLaren's racing Orange with all those mods it really looks like a race car for the road (in a good way). Very cool.

This morning a doorman and one of the security guards at my building were asking about Bill's car. They said, "What was that McLaren? It wasn't an MP4? Was it? It looked better than the MP4. That was a sweet car, etc"

I must say, Bill's car is on another level. The exhaust sounds great, the carbon interior transforms it and the changes to the bodywork make it an entirely different car. Finished in McLaren's racing Orange with all those mods it really looks like a race car for the road (in a good way). Very cool.

thx RB! great times in sobe :eusa_dance:

Love yours and Alex's car. I love the car and driving it will sell you, period. Its a McLaren. The elite in racing history. At certain angles it does not have the

radical look that some of the supercars have but that goes for every supercar. It is radical enough for me and its a doors up car which still beats the G or the H Lambo. I'm going to add one.

:icon_thumleft:

It really is a great car. I don't think it looks bad at all and the doors are cool, but the way it drives, amazing.

I had a 2013, it is very fast. I just don't like the idea that "I" would have to redesign a brand new car to make it look right. This is what we pay the designers to do?

IMO, they dropped the ball on the styling (many others agree) .... But, I suppose this is why they are re-vamping the car after only two model years.

I will await the intro at Geneva. :)

I had a 2013, it is very fast. I just don't like the idea that "I" would have to redesign a brand new car to make it look right. This is what we pay the designers to do?

Lol!

IMO, they dropped the ball on the styling (many others agree) .... But, I suppose this is why they are re-vamping the car after only two model years.

I will await the intro at Geneva. :)

:iamwithstupid:

They can keep this one, if they go back to the drawing board, I might revisit the brand, racing heritage LOL, it has as much in common with a F1 car as a Hyundai does.

:iamwithstupid:

They can keep this one, if they go back to the drawing board, I might revisit the brand, racing heritage LOL, it has as much in common with a F1 car as a Hyundai does.

I'm far more attracted to the bare chassis they have on display in their showrooms than the complete car.

I'm far more attracted to the bare chassis they have on display in their showrooms than the complete car.

That's what happens when you let a dentist design a car, when I saw the bare chassis I got so excited I put my name down, when I saw the final product :rolleyes:

:eusa_dance:

:turboalex: were also on a lambo forum and the owner DD's a 12c :turboalex:

I love the vent and im absolutely in love with the veneno, but for 200k price point the 12c cant be touched IMO (99% of the owners agree)

:turboalex: were also on a lambo forum and the owner DD's a 12c :turboalex:

I love the vent and im absolutely in love with the veneno, but for 200k price point the 12c cant be touched IMO (99% of the owners agree)

Chinaman actually never drives the Mp4. I think he has like 1k miles on it, and I know he is interested in selling his..

Chinaman actually never drives the Mp4. I think he has like 1k miles on it, and I know he is interested in selling his..

he told me he loves it a few different times. but you would know better than me.

he told me he loves it a few different times. but you would know better than me.

I didnt say he doesnt like it, just that he doesnt drive it, and that he wants to sell it...

I didnt say he doesnt like it, just that he doesnt drive it, and that he wants to sell it...

I didn't know that. that car is so hot and it has R888's. great buy!

im obviously not Webster or RB, but ive owned some pretty nice cars including CGT, GTT, GTR etc..

and this is my favorite all around exotic! the only area that needs a tiny bit of help IMO is the front.

for not much money you can SP/transform the car with a new bumper and a few other add ons.

then you have a track beast, badass looking exotic, date night car, DD, and anything else you can think of. (I had my 70lb labradoodle in the passenger seat Saturday for an hour) it really does everything right IMO

I got a great deal on my car. ive had it for about a year and im not far away from what I paid. most impt im enjoying the hell out of it.

heres a couple cool pics with bumper.

post-2228-1391452707_thumb.jpg

post-2228-1391452719.jpg

It just looks too plain and too similar to other cars. Lexus LFA club. They really do need to take cues from Lambo and Ferrari and not Xerox.

The brakes and the flaps up on braking make for an incredible stop as well. I have never driven anything that topped it. I don't own one yet but

I know what I experienced myself 1st hand.

I knew this girl that could suck a watermelon thru a garden hose, but she wasn't easy on the eyes. Guess how many times she got asked out on a date??

So this isn't easy on the eyes? Okay...LOL Fortis said they look like ass on the other thread. I guess I love this ass then.

honestly I don't care for it all. Sure give me one and I'll take it and call you everyday to thank you, if I'm spending my money its not on that.

So this isn't easy on the eyes? Okay...LOL Fortis said they look like ass on the other thread. I guess I love this ass then. I say this ass gets plenty of dates :icon_mrgreen:

I can promise you that ass does not get plenty of dates, if they did sales numbers would reflect.

I guess everyone has their own taste. Besides even if they did look like ass to me I would never say it out loud. Too many owners on the board. But that's just me.

I never said that, I only stated my personal opinion. BUT, and a big BUT, most people on this site have thick skin and take it with a grain of salt. I don't think Mac-n-Cheese is losing sleep over anyone's opinion.

I never said that, I only stated my personal opinion. BUT, and a big BUT, most people on this site have thick skin and take it with a grain of salt. I don't think Mac-n-Cheese is losing sleep over anyone's opinion.

I agree. Personal is personal. That's why there are different car companies and different car companies make different colors.

Different strokes for different folks.

A GTR is an engineering marvel. Fast as hell but I'd never own one, ugly as hell. Even Allan thinks it's odd looking but it's a fun car to drive. I think the Mac is the same. Engineering marvel, but the last chick to go home from the bar

I've been here before and thick skin is a must. I'm not the least bit concerned and I just try to show some class. No one has to agree with it. I own Lamborghinis but my vote is for the McLaren for the next car.

:iamwithstupid: I also love lambos, but under 400k nothing touches this car in my book. when you see one in person with the sp bumper I think you will agree. on a lambo forum this is expected and I wont lose any sleep ;)