Whats up with the price of used MP4-12C's?

el_chorizo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I guess its according to the other girls at the bar of course. Any girl that opens her wings like the MP is going to draw the attention away from one that opens like 4 million other sedans. I don't mind being in the minority with my opinion, Lol

We apparently have different taste in women too. All good. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

Not hating the car. It's just not for me

We apparently have different taste in women too. All good. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.

Not hating the car. It's just not for me

Your opinion doesn't count, you only have an non-turbo Aventador :jackoff:

MasterBill, why do you think the car didn't sell well?

I agree driving it, it's phenomenal and Macnit's car is a great looking example. In my opinion the segment $250-300k sportscars that usually don't get driven many miles and tracked even less, style points are important as a lot of these cars are peacocks.

Amen :icon_thumleft: The owner of SP owns one. I have always liked Alex's taste and ended up with one of his tasteful cars.

And it just got posted up for sale, here's your opportunity.

While the dihedral doors are cool, the e'rybody has Lambo doors on their civic too the air out of that feather.

Maybe 200 was a better price point to start? They aimed at the 458 to benchmark performance and beat it so the price was justified. They both have racing heritage and the f1 is known to any Motörhead.

Anyway, as others said to each his own but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Let's be real, the most important thing for car sales is dealer network. The USA is massive and launching a car with six dealers for the first year or two is not going to help, especially given that there are Ferrari and Lambo dealers in every major city. At the end of the day, if the Lambo or Ferrari dealer is closer than the McLaren dealer, you will go with the Italians. Convince is king in the US, and that is why our dealers have more cars on dealer lots than the ROW.

There are 35+ Ferrari dealers in the US, 28 Lambo dealers, and 6-10 Mclaren dealers. McLaren Atlanta just opened up and they seem to be doing pretty well. It takes a long time to get established in this market.

And it just got posted up for sale, here's your opportunity.

His car has 1500 miles btw and is insane! It's almost the twin of my car.

And he's selling because of the tuning issues. It's almost impossible to tune the car except for a piggy back which is bs.

There are 35+ Ferrari dealers in the US, 28 Lambo dealers, and 6-10 Mclaren dealers. McLaren Atlanta just opened up and they seem to be doing pretty well. It takes a long time to get established in this market.

McLaren is up to 15 dealers in the U.S., and with two new models (after the P1) coming, I'd imagine more will be opening soon.

McLaren is up to 15 dealers in the U.S., and with two new models (after the P1) coming, I'd imagine more will be opening soon.

I heard the new 15' updated 12c has 50 more hp and a new front and rear end.

should be nasty!!

Mp4 is an awesome car, but gets no love on Lambopower, haha...no surprise there. The company has a lot to learn, but hopefully Mclaren continues to improve on things and establish themselves as a formidable company in the segment. I personally feel that the Mp4 looks a lot better (and is cooler) than the 458, and Ferrari was their main target. As great as Ferrari's cars are, their dealer network blows, and with their snobbish attitude, they can go Fck themselves, lol. Mclaren is a nice alternative to Ferrari for those of us who want amazing service and treatment.

Mp4 is an awesome car, but gets no love on Lambopower, haha...no surprise there. The company has a lot to learn, but hopefully Mclaren continues to improve on things and establish themselves as a formidable company in the segment. I personally feel that the Mp4 looks a lot better (and is cooler) than the 458, and Ferrari was their main target. As great as Ferrari's cars are, their dealer network blows, and with their snobbish attitude, they can go Fck themselves, lol. Mclaren is a nice alternative to Ferrari for those of us who want amazing service and treatment.

:iamwithstupid: if there was another car available that does everything the 12c can do I would trade up in a second. (under 500k)

+1

I also find it a bit amusing all the negativity about the 12C on here when Lambo just introduced their most boring looking new car with almost no new technology over the outgoing LP560 it replaces. I found it a bit humorous at the launch I went to that the Lambo representative was trumpeting groundbreaking technologies on the new car that have been around for 20 years on other cars. Wow, magneto-rheological suspension, my 1995 Mitsubishi 3000 GT had that.

+1

I also find it a bit amusing all the negativity about the 12C on here when Lambo just introduced their most boring looking new car with almost no new technology over the outgoing LP560 it replaces. I found it a bit humorous at the launch I went to that the Lambo representative was trumpeting groundbreaking technologies on the new car that have been around for 20 years on other cars. Wow, magneto-rheological suspension, my 1995 Mitsubishi 3000 GT had that.

im going tomorrow night, so ill post my thoughts this weekend.

I heard the new 15' updated 12c has 50 more hp and a new front and rear end.

should be nasty!!

I wonder if they'll offer complimentary upgrades to current 12C owners or if this is a special edition, a.k.a. Ferrari Speciale.

I heard 641HP and no retrofitting..

I wonder if they'll offer complimentary upgrades to current 12C owners or if this is a special edition, a.k.a. Ferrari Speciale.

Excellent post! Sums up everything about Ferrari! I can't stand the attitude and cockiness of the dealership near me. I'd rather drive a Prius than buy a car from them.

I would hope someday to add a Ferrari to my collection but it would undoubtedly come from out of state. Furthermore I'd use Brian at Exotic Car Search or Cats Exotics so I wouldn't have to deal with the BS

The McLaren is the fastest car I have driven. The ride quality is stunning. Interior is a bit counter intuitive initially.

The massive depreciation makes it attractive.

Stock I would pass.

A modded one like Alex's at close to a stock car's price....interesting proposition.

I know a couple of exotic car dealers that won't carry them due to the ongoing depreciation.

...... Mclaren is a nice alternative to Ferrari for those of us who want amazing service and treatment.

Some dealers are nice, I'm sure ..... Mine sucked. Terrible customer service.

I guess it all depend on when you buy I went to the dealer in march or April 2012 priced the MP4-12c out how I wanted it, the MSRP was $294300 they wanted to order it for me said about 4 months wait I asked for a discount from MSRP NO not even $1000 off I walked. I went back into the market about 6-7 months later right after the 2013 start to show up bought exactly what I wanted at $45000 off MSRP. So if I bought the first time I would feel pissed at how much it went down but I think at the price I paid the drop is no big deal, especially for a car that rides and handles real well and runs low 10s in the 1/4 mile. Timing is everything.

I have a 2012 12C coupe that I bought brand new back in January 2013 with a 65k discount. Even now, I still feel I got a great deal for the kind of car I was getting. My car had a 292k sticker and it had all of the options I wanted, even in the color that I wanted. The quality of my car was great as well (my car was the last of 2012s with production number in the 1700s). The service from Mclaren has been top notch, even though the service from my Lamborghini dealer are equally as impressive.

I admit I'm actually a fan of Ferrari's F1 team for many years. However, when it comes to road cars, I actually prefer Mclarens design philosophy over Ferrari. The near center seating position and the great obsession with weight reduction is just fabulous. Lamborghini, which sits on the other end of the spectrum, provides me with a different type of satisfaction. Like Clarkson once said, Lamborghinis design department just puts "lasers on their cars" and be done with it! LOL.