Has this ever happened to you by a dealer?

Scotty

If the original emails have specific terms that both parties agreed to (max mileage, timeframe, condition expected of the coupe at the time of trade back, etc), then I believe that the deal (emails) would be considered legally binding. Especially if you can show that you kept the car under "X" mileage in order to honor that agreement.

I think I know which dealer you are talking about.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the original emails have specific terms that both parties agreed to (max mileage, timeframe, condition expected of the coupe at the time of trade back, etc), then I believe that the deal (emails) would be considered legally binding. Especially if you can show that you kept the car under "X" mileage in order to honor that agreement.

I think I know which dealer you are talking about.

agree, im shocked PB would do something like this. they have been aggressively trying to brand themselves in south florida and now this. not smart.

I would send the email to Warren himself.

agree, im shocked PB would do something like this. they have been aggressively trying to brand themselves in south florida and now this. not smart.

I would send the email to Warren himself.

Imo the Warren Henry group overall is shit.

Imo the Warren Henry group overall is shit.

your probably right lol

but they are pretty big down here. you would think someone would step up and say

wait a minute. lets make this right.

The right thing would be to just do the deal, hell they made an extra $45K on the Coupe upfront. Now they are going to eat that if they did the deal, but that is business. They still made a profit on car #1, #2 and #4, so what if you net zero on car #3.

The right thing would be to just do the deal, hell they made an extra $45K on the Coupe upfront. Now they are going to eat that if they did the deal, but that is business. They still made a profit on car #1, #2 and #4, so what if you net zero on car #3.

I'd say especially with an established continued customer. It makes no sense to lose that relationship.

agree 100%

you should send warren an email.

As a couple of people have already mentioned, generally speaking emails are just as good as a written contract if they have the terms of the deal set forth in them. And there are some other legal theories that could come into play even if that weren't true (e.g., promissory estoppel because you bought and kept the coupe in reliance on their representations and now would be damaged if they don't give you back MSRP as agreed, etc.). My guess is if you have a lawyer write them a letter they'll back down, if you even want to do business with them at this point. Incredibly stupid and short-sighted judgment by someone down there, that's for sure.

As a couple of people have already mentioned, generally speaking emails are just as good as a written contract if they have the terms of the deal set forth in them. And there are some other legal theories that could come into play even if that weren't true (e.g., promissory estoppel because you bought and kept the coupe in reliance on their representations and now would be damaged if they don't give you back MSRP as agreed, etc.). My guess is if you have a lawyer write them a letter they'll back down, if you even want to do business with them at this point. Incredibly stupid and short-sighted judgment by someone down there, that's for sure.

This ^^^

If you have an email from anyone affiliated with their dealership, with their email address, you have a contract of sorts. Hindsight being 20/20 of course, always get the deal spelled out and signed off on on the bill of sale for the first car. If it is on the buyer's order, lock and load. Love Brett by the way, super solid guy. I've known him forever.

What a bunch of fcuking douchebags, fcuk them up Scotty!!

I'm on this with Jirre, fk them up royally.

I like the idea of different people calling manager four times a day and letting them hear how misfortunate it is to whole lambo community that this great lambo guy had to suffer like this.

When they are ready to chance their mind and beg you back, give them a visit with new lambo you just bought from that Bret David.

It does not even need to be like this for many days, I am sure a few calls will make them think hard.

I'm on this with Jirre, fk them up royally.

I like the idea of different people calling manager four times a day and letting them hear how misfortunate it is to whole lambo community that this great lambo guy had to suffer like this.

When they are ready to chance their mind and beg you back, give them a visit with new lambo you just bought from that Bret David.

It does not even need to be like this for many days, I am sure a few calls will make them think hard.

Wheres the sign up schedule?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this topic, because I do believe where credit is due, it should be given. Often we hear of all the bad things that happen out there in the car world but we rarely hear when things get turned around. I'm going to credit this forum for assisting in this endeavor. The dealer apparently got word that this was an open topic of discussion and called me personally to try to rectify the situation. While it certainly does not resolve what transpired, they have bent over backwards to try to make this right. I have found another car and have moved on. Certainly still having feelings of whether a lawsuit should be pursued with the original dealer. However upon my subsequent conversations, they have extended the olive branch with a personal guarantee of discount on a future automobile that I would get consider extremely generous. While this does not make up for the shortsighted behavior by the sales manager at the time of arrival of my new vehicle. It certainly does restore my faith that these guys want to make the situation right. Thats it, we move on and look forward to future purchases. Thank you to several of you who helped out with the situation.

Just a follow up on this topic, because I do believe where credit is due, it should be given. Often we hear of all the bad things that happen out there in the car world but we rarely hear when things get turned around. I'm going to credit this forum for assisting in this endeavor. The dealer apparently got word that this was an open topic of discussion and called me personally to try to rectify the situation. While it certainly does not resolve what transpired, they have bent over backwards to try to make this right. I have found another car and have moved on. Certainly still having feelings of whether a lawsuit should be pursued with the original dealer. However upon my subsequent conversations, they have extended the olive branch with a personal guarantee of discount on a future automobile that I would get consider extremely generous. While this does not make up for the shortsighted behavior by the sales manager at the time of arrival of my new vehicle. It certainly does restore my faith that these guys want to make the situation right. Thats it, we move on and look forward to future purchases. Thank you to several of you who helped out with the situation.

:turboalex:

Good to hear Scotty!

👍👍👍

It sounds like the whole risk vs benefit arguement for insurance companies. See how much a it will cost to screw a few people vs the cost of fixing the problem. Sure it's good that they are now fixing the problem. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Recently I bought a gopro black that was advertised as coming with a free memory card. The item was a ordered as a gift for a friend so I didn't have time for a return. I get the gopro and no card. I call the company and their csr basically treats me like an idiot. He mentions something about small print *while supplies last.

So I got pissed. I posted on their Facebook site asking why they did not follow through with their offer.

After that I got a friendly apology and the memory card overnighted to me.

The ONLY reason they rectified was to quiet me and not damage their business. Who knows how many people they duped with this false offer.

Nice to hear they tried, but it sounds pretty insincere. Hope it works out to your benifit later. Would still rub me the wrong way no matter what they did to rectify the situation after the fact.