TI updates

Kisco

Sorry if I have missed it here, but uhh, who cares? This isn't NHRA racing by class and the filled the roll care with nitrous to cheat. It's grudge racing, and isn't that how it goes?

I don't see anyone bringing up the other cars running drag radials and such, or stuffing 345's on all four corners. Why, because it's part of the game, if you can build it to work then bring it.

If they were running 20% nitro (which would be hilarious to see) you might have a better argument. I don't know if they did or they didn't throw some hot sauce on the 2R's, but if they did and the cars didn't blow, then I guess they just came with the better setup. There isn't an asterisk next to the winners trophy that says "with nitrous" is there?

yep i agree 100%.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I have missed it here, but uhh, who cares? This isn't NHRA racing by class and the filled the roll care with nitrous to cheat. It's grudge racing, and isn't that how it goes?

I don't see anyone bringing up the other cars running drag radials and such, or stuffing 345's on all four corners. Why, because it's part of the game, if you can build it to work then bring it.

If they were running 20% nitro (which would be hilarious to see) you might have a better argument. I don't know if they did or they didn't throw some hot sauce on the 2R's, but if they did and the cars didn't blow, then I guess they just came with the better setup. There isn't an asterisk next to the winners trophy that says "with nitrous" is there?

Aren't half these GTRS running with stripped interiors? Seems like if there was something "uneven" to complain about..

GTRs have drag wheel and tire setups, stripped ACs, single exhaust, plexi glass windows, and other components and running 57 psi like Kisco's video mentioned. Also some of them have spray. Also those GTRs are shop cars. People say there is no shame in losing to a 500k Lambo. I bet that lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu has more than 500k in that car in R and D lol.

What is funny to me is that no GTR even trapped faster than UGR, Heffner, and DPPP out there. If I am correct those two had a 195 mph pass. Only lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu went faster and it broke on that pass. That is what hurts the most.

What is also funny to me is that TI is designed for KING OF THE STREET. When do you ever see GTR shop cars on the streets? They never are. They live at the drag strips and events. They do not street race. So the fact they are out there is odd to me.

OMEGAHHHH is fast though, lets not forget that. I am pretty sure it has the billet block now. If the car can handle the power it is going to be fast. I just think it will be a while before it is reliable. Nothing wrong with that. Everything takes time.

To put into perspective how fast these 2Rs are is Mike's Alpha 16 went 8.1 176 awhile ago. He probably had more power at TI too, not sure though. I believe his highest pass might have been upper 180s right? Well now imagine the green car that went 213.......

OMEGAHHHH is fast though, lets not forget that. I am pretty sure it has the billet block now. If the car can handle the power it is going to be fast. I just think it will be a while before it is reliable. Nothing wrong with that. Everything takes time.

To put into perspective how fast these 2Rs are is Mike's Alpha 16 went 8.1 176 awhile ago. He probably had more power at TI too, not sure though. I believe his highest pass might have been upper 180s right? Well now imagine the green car that went 213.......

OMEGAH hasn't got a billet block. It is still the 4.0l VR38.

And Mike trapped 188 in his Alpha 16.

GTRs have drag wheel and tire setups, stripped ACs, single exhaust, plexi glass windows, and other components and running 57 psi like Kisco's video mentioned. Also some of them have spray. Also those GTRs are shop cars. People say there is no shame in losing to a 500k Lambo. I bet that lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu mu has more than 500k in that car in R and D lol.

What is funny to me is that no GTR even trapped faster than UGR, Heffner, and DPPP out there. If I am correct those two had a 195 mph pass. Only lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu mu went faster and it broke on that pass. That is what hurts the most.

What is also funny to me is that TI is designed for KING OF THE STREET. When do you ever see GTR shop cars on the streets? They never are. They live at the drag strips and events. They do not street race. So the fact they are out there is odd to me.

God the amount of BS in this post is unreal.

Oomegha was at 38-40psi on the 207 pass. 57psi ?? Making up shit.

We have beaten the shit out the shop car topic. You guys want the quickest GTRs right ? And the quickest are a20 equalivant.. Would you rather see what the test cars are doing with a20 or just watch a16 making 500 less hp vs 2R? Personally I would like to see what GTRs are working on. A20 are a few weeks from going public. For now it's being tested.

Lambos have a huge advantage with motor on the back that is why they can hook on r888s. With your theory everyone has to buy a lambo to be a street car when making 2000whp. What fun would that be? UG races against itself ?.

You slice it in as many ways as you want.. Without the GTRs this would be boring. So drop the shop car excuse . Like you guys said UG has been making 1700hp for 5 years ..either you accept what the gTr is trying to do or shut up.

Ohmegaa weighs 3880lbs with driver how is that stripped ? And no billet block

I knows a few owners that have orders pending for a20s. By October there will be 20 of them I sure. How reliable will they be? Not sure . UG had their fair share of issues at Ti . That's why no warranty is offered on 2R.

Where did I say OMEGAHHH was running 57 psi? The only thing that needs to be corrected is maybe OmegaHHH doesn't have the billet block. That is the only comment I stated about OMEGAHHH other than it has more than 500k in R and D. TT G probably weighs 3700 plus with the driver and that is a SL. So a normal TT G is around the same weight as OMEGAHH with the driver.

What BS is in my post? Please let me know...

I agree. The GTRs make it fun. But most of those guys are in major denial. They are the ones who start most of the shit. So you better believe when they lose we are going to rub it in. It is what makes it fun. Hell I am glad you guys are trying. I would have a bolt on if it wasn't for you guys. Just accept the facts though and we wouldn't rub it in.

Again what in my post is BS? Too tough to accept all those facts? lol

20-kohlkojudsonip0.gif

God the amount of BS in this post is unreal.

Oomegha was at 38-40psi on the 207 pass. 57psi ?? Making up shit.

We have beaten the shit out the shop car topic. You guys want the quickest GTRs right ? And the quickest are a20 equalivant.. Would you rather see what the test cars are doing with a20 or just watch a16 making 500 less hp vs 2R? Personally I would like to see what GTRs are working on. A20 are a few weeks from going public. For now it's being tested.

Lambos have a huge advantage with motor on the back that is why they can hook on r888s. With your theory everyone has to buy a lambo to be a street car when making 2000whp. What fun would that be? UG races against itself ?.

You slice it in as many ways as you want.. Without the GTRs this would be boring. So drop the shop car excuse . Like you guys said UG has been making 1700hp for 5 years ..either you accept what the gTr is trying to do or shut up.

Ohmegaa weighs 3880lbs with driver how is that stripped ? And no billet block

I knows a few owners that have orders pending for a20s. By October there will be 20 of them I sure. How reliable will they be? Not sure . UG had their fair share of issues at Ti . That's why no warranty is offered on 2R.

Sam there are advantages and disadvantages to both cars. Lambos have the engine in the back, but GTRs run slicks, or have a DCT. For every advantage the TTG has, I can think of one for the GTR. So this is a moot point and not worth discussing.

Talking about shop cars vs. customer cars is not an excuse, it's just a fact. We all know your opinion on the matter and that is fine, we all have opinions, but don't forget what the facts are - that is, UGR cars are customer cars driven by their customers (most of the time) and these GTRs are shop cars driven by shop owners (most of the time). These are just facts that can't be disputed and even you would agree, I am sure.

And as far as weight of the vehicles go, did you know that ohmega and my LP560 weigh exactly the same to the T? My car on a full tank without driver is 3700 lbs, and with driver is 3880. A lot of people have the idea that the Gallardo is 4-500 lbs lighter, and this is NOT the case, at least not with a 'regular' LP560.

Anyway, you are right, without the GTRs we would be racing ourselves and it would be boring. Glad we have them to beat up on. :icon_mrgreen:

Guest 300MPH
God the amount of BS in this post is unreal.....I know a few owners that have orders pending for a20s. By October there will be 20 of them I sure. How reliable will they be? Not sure . UG had their fair share of issues at Ti . That's why no warranty is offered on 2R.

I think the whole "Street Car" concept in some ways is going out the window when considering the cost of either GTR or Lambo build making in the 2000 HP range.

The amount of money it costs to replace one of the GTR or Lambo transmissions or a one of the V-10 motors has to be unreal. At these power levels, the engine and drive train does not seem to last too long with the c ars on kill as has been shown by many of the Lambos that were parked and the GTR with crank case breather issues after 1 pass.

Top Fuel Dragsters rebuild the motor after each pass. I bet the cost of the physical parts to rebuild the top fuel engine is way less than one of these Lambos after an event like this.

Props to the owners for spending lots of money to pursue this endeavor.

Props to UR to market the way they have to get a bunch of guys with big check books to pay for the big builds, then to go race, then be happy to pay to fix it. I know UR gives monetary rewards for the guys who run and break sometimes as it is a great way to fund the R&D loop to figure out how to make more and more power go faster and faster and more reliably!

At the end of the day, these cars are no more street cars than some full out drag cars. Because,aside from the fact they have AC and can be driven on the street, when pushed to the limits observed at the last TI, they are anything BUT a street car when you would look at a yearly budget to drive such a vehicle to that power level while "Racing"

These are great cars built by great tuners, but there has to be a little of perspective in lieu of this juvenile bickering between fan bois of the different platforms.

I think the whole "Street Car" concept in some ways is going out the window when considering the cost of either GTR or Lambo build making in the 2000 HP range.

The amount of money it costs to replace one of the GTR or Lambo transmissions or a one of the V-10 motors has to be unreal. At these power levels, the engine and drive train does not seem to last too long with the c ars on kill as has been shown by many of the Lambos that were parked and the GTR with crank case breather issues after 1 pass.

Top Fuel Dragsters rebuild the motor after each pass. I bet the cost of the physical parts to rebuild the top fuel engine is way less than one of these Lambos after an event like this.

Props to the owners for spending lots of money to pursue this endeavor.

Props to UR to market the way they have to get a bunch of guys with big check books to pay for the big builds, then to go race, then be happy to pay to fix it. I know UR gives monetary rewards for the guys who run and break sometimes as it is a great way to fund the R&D loop to figure out how to make more and more power go faster and faster and more reliably!

At the end of the day, these cars are no more street cars than some full out drag cars. Because,aside from the fact they have AC and can be driven on the street, when pushed to the limits observed at the last TI, they are anything BUT a street car when you would look at a yearly budget to drive such a vehicle to that power level while "Racing"

These are great cars built by great tuners, but there has to be a little of perspective in lieu of this juvenile bickering between fan bois of the different platforms.

Is this your car?

Lol at 300mph. I drove the exact same car I raced at TI to work and lunch today and back home. Same gas, same tune and even still had the numbers on the sides. Some of your statement is just plain ignorance on your part.

Lol at 300mph. I drove the exact same car I raced at TI to work and lunch today and back home. Same gas, same tune and even still had the numbers on the sides. Some of your statement is just plain ignorance on your part.

I was baby steps away from driving to Atlanta to Houston for tx2k in mine. Then my back started yelling at me lol

300 must be Malu. He must have been browsing youtube recently and decided to vent on here. lol

LOL.

I will say if you take the cheap route you can have drivability issues and headaches for sure. If you want to make a lot of power do it the right way. Must build your tranny and all.

300mph--If that is your Ford GT, welcome to the Lamborghini Gallardo TT forums. Love the video.

I would agree that at 2000HP there has to be some considerations on what is streetable but your Ford GT isn't anymore then our GTT's thats for sure. 2007Gallardo has transplanted VP Import into his blood and lives on it like its water so he is the exception to driving his 2000HP car as a grocery getter, lol.

I live right down the street from the Ford GT Twin Turbo in the video and I never see it on the road except at a yearly car show if I'm lucky. I drive my GTT "street car" all the time to the store, to the gym, to work, put in 93 octane gas so when I want to go on a road trip I do so without having to track E85 or race gas down. I would say its probably one of the fastest street car platforms on 93 octane out there (gt-r, and ford gt as well).

You got some giant turbos, sequential transmission, random problems as all fast cars do, I'm not sure if your saying your platform is better than a Gallardo or GT-R? I love the Ford GT but I would almost say its less safe than a GT-R or GTT considering the traction situation which plays a big part of a street car to me.

What kind of power does the ford gt do on regular 93 gas?

Quoted for truth. fcuking Mullet drives this thing by my office building all the damn time, occasionally sending me a text a few minutes before hand asking for permission to buzz the tower. I'm up on the 9th floor and I can see the billet intake winking at me when it goes by. I drive my Stage 3 UR build to work probably once a week, I hear it barking to get out of the parking garage and go play.

300 must be Malu. He must have been browsing youtube recently and decided to vent on here. lol

That was my first thought when I saw the post. Lol

Quoted for truth. fcuking Mullet drives this thing by my office building all the damn time, occasionally sending me a text a few minutes before hand asking for permission to buzz the tower. I'm up on the 9th floor and I can see the billet intake winking at me when it goes by. I drive my Stage 3 UR build to work probably once a week, I hear it barking to get out of the parking garage and go play.

Buzzed the tower earlier today. I try and hold a gear and let up so it back fires a bit. :)

Guest 300MPH
300mph--If that is your Ford GT, welcome to the Lamborghini Gallardo TT forums. Love the video.

I would agree that at 2000HP there has to be some considerations on what is streetable but your Ford GT isn't anymore then our GTT's thats for sure. 2007Gallardo has transplanted VP Import into his blood and lives on it like its water so he is the exception to driving his 2000HP car as a grocery getter, lol.

I live right down the street from the Ford GT Twin Turbo in the video and I never see it on the road except at a yearly car show if I'm lucky. I drive my GTT "street car" all the time to the store, to the gym, to work, put in 93 octane gas so when I want to go on a road trip I do so without having to track E85 or race gas down. I would say its probably one of the fastest street car platforms on 93 octane out there (gt-r, and ford gt as well).

You got some giant turbos, sequential transmission, random problems as all fast cars do, I'm not sure if your saying your platform is better than a Gallardo or GT-R? I love the Ford GT but I would almost say its less safe than a GT-R or GTT considering the traction situation which plays a big part of a street car to me.

What kind of power does the ford gt do on regular 93 gas?

Ha, Ha, sorry, I am not Johnny Boehner, LOL! I'm not advocating the FGT platform even though it's the best one for the Mile race.

I am just a dyed in the wool Viper guy with similar aspirations!

A large cube Viper motor can make way more power than a Lambo on pump gas. The Vipers do not seem to have any problems traction-wise at the hit compared to the Lambos, especially a higher dollar build like the blue Viper that eliminated Stacy Barnett at the TI. It's all about $$. Any platform with similar $$$ in it with the proper gearing and RPM range will be competitive with the TTG's and GTR's.

I don't dispute this nor am I trying to burst anybody's bubble.

All I am trying to convey here is that when any of these high dollar builds like the GTR's and TT Galllardos at these power levels seen at the last TI need to have a trans or engine refresh or re-build, it is a trip to the tuner in an enclosed transport and lots of $$$$ and at least 1-2 months without the car.

Maintenance, down time and $$$$$.

Don't get me wrong as I fully understand the difference between engineering a Lambo or GTR to approach staying together at these power levels and using tried and true good ole hillbilly drag race parts like V-8 race blocks and automatic transmissions. I commend and respect the tuners pushing the Gallardo, R8 and GTR platforms as far as they have.

The TI is designed for these platforms to shine, but just about any 10.5 Outlaw car will destroy any of the cars that won the most recent TI with the proper gearing. These cars are not as streetable or exotic, but they won't break nearly as often.

Ha, Ha, sorry, I am not Johnny Boehner, LOL! I'm not advocating the FGT platform even though it's the best one for the Mile race.

I am just a dyed in the wool Viper guy with similar aspirations!

A large cube Viper motor can make way more power than a Lambo on pump gas. The Vipers do not seem to have any problems traction-wise at the hit compared to the Lambos, especially a higher dollar build like the blue Viper that eliminated Stacy Barnett at the TI. It's all about $$. Any platform with similar $$$ in it with the proper gearing and RPM range will be competitive with the TTG's and GTR's.

I don't dispute this nor am I trying to burst anybody's bubble.

All I am trying to convey here is that when any of these high dollar builds like the GTR's and TT Galllardos at these power levels seen at the last TI need to have a trans or engine refresh or re-build, it is a trip to the tuner in an enclosed transport and lots of $$$$ and at least 1-2 months without the car.

Maintenance, down time and $$$$$.

Don't get me wrong as I fully understand the difference between engineering a Lambo or GTR to approach staying together at these power levels and using tried and true good ole hillbilly drag race parts like V-8 race blocks and automatic transmissions. I commend and respect the tuners pushing the Gallardo, R8 and GTR platforms as far as they have.

The TI is designed for these platforms to shine, but just about any 10.5 Outlaw car will destroy any of the cars that won the most recent TI with the proper gearing. These cars are not as streetable or exotic, but they won't break nearly as often.

5 post and 3 are double lmao. Just playing.

Was that your blue viper out there that Nth Moto did? Was a nice car, ran very well.

Guest 300MPH
5 post and 3 are double lmao. Just playing.

Was that your blue viper out there that Nth Moto did? Was a nice car, ran very well.

Yeah, I hit the submit button and it did not look like anything had happened, so apparently, I hit it a couple more times! LOL!

No, that is not my Blue Viper. I have a 1996 Viper GTS that would not be legal for the TI that I am trying to get finished for the mile race in the next year or so.

All the cars at the most recent TI were crazy fast! Did you compete there?

Yeah, I hit the submit button and it did not look like anything had happened, so apparently, I hit it a couple more times! LOL!

No, that is not my Blue Viper. I have a 1996 Viper GTS that would not be legal for the TI that I am trying to get finished for the mile race in the next year or so.

All the cars at the most recent TI were crazy fast! Did you compete there?

Nice!

I couldn't make it to TI this year. I went to tx2k this year.

Cars this year are blindingly faster than last year. It is crazy at the difference.

I have to say that this years TI was a blast, the event gets better every year! We all love to run our cars and compete, but I think its also fair to say that the social aspect of a bunch of car people hanging out is great as well. For all the bench racing and BS that goes on in some forums what you find is that the guys that are actually there, the ones racing - all get along very well. Hell, Bello was hanging around the UGR camp for a long time along with ASS and everyone else. Just a bunch of car guys chilling and racing - some just do it better than others ;)

This was my first year at TI racing under the UGR banner, and what an experience. I got to see my car for the first time around mid day on Friday and was excited to get some seat time. Kevin asked me what power I wanted to start off with and I replied "ALL OF IT", and that's what they loaded in the car for the tune. A little history here - I've driven fast cars, lots of fast cars. I've gone 225+ at TX Mile on numerous occasions and run 8 sec passes at the drag strip. THE POWER AND BRUTE ACCELERATION OF THE 2R SHOCKED ME, and between short shifting and other driving mistakes I'm sure I looked like a complete novice, with a giant smile on my face.

The car had a small glitch that afternoon and the UGR crew stayed there that night to make sure the car was tip top in the morning for speed indexing, and indeed it was. My first index pass was a 194.8 with no brake boost and still probably short shifting, still good enough to get me in top 10 for the bracket. I eventually lost in semi - finals to KC in the R82R (BEAST).

The service from UGR was excellent throughout the build process and delivery, the support at the event was nothing short of spectacular and that's not a word I use often - but it applies here.

Thanks again to the entire crew at Underground.

Heffner GTT went 195.48

I can't believe they TT'd an STS. That is pretty badass!

This is what will haunt you from hear out until you buy a UGR G. Here is a hint.

X Version

Ps. Until then Ice up!

Did someone say Ice Up?

bustedtees.84d111ec-3c85-4e28-aa29-127336eedfdf.jpg

wtf is all this nitrous talk come from?

:iamwithstupid:

Looks great Jerry!! I can't wait to get my hands on the new Lambo. I will email you about the G.;)

I love Kevin's marketing.

Step #1. Offer up 10k

Step #2. Wait for Kisco to start another 14 page thread of UGR vs. GTR.

Step #3. Win Event

Step #4. Wait for orders to pour in!

LMAO

Mullet is my hero!

Buzzed the tower earlier today. I try and hold a gear and let up so it back fires a bit. :)

Mullet you are my hero!

I have to say that this years TI was a blast, the event gets better every year! We all love to run our cars and compete, but I think its also fair to say that the social aspect of a bunch of car people hanging out is great as well. For all the bench racing and BS that goes on in some forums what you find is that the guys that are actually there, the ones racing - all get along very well. Hell, Bello was hanging around the UGR camp for a long time along with ASS and everyone else. Just a bunch of car guys chilling and racing - some just do it better than others ;)

This was my first year at TI racing under the UGR banner, and what an experience. I got to see my car for the first time around mid day on Friday and was excited to get some seat time. Kevin asked me what power I wanted to start off with and I replied "ALL OF IT", and that's what they loaded in the car for the tune. A little history here - I've driven fast cars, lots of fast cars. I've gone 225+ at TX Mile on numerous occasions and run 8 sec passes at the drag strip. THE POWER AND BRUTE ACCELERATION OF THE 2R SHOCKED ME, and between short shifting and other driving mistakes I'm sure I looked like a complete novice, with a giant smile on my face.

The car had a small glitch that afternoon and the UGR crew stayed there that night to make sure the car was tip top in the morning for speed indexing, and indeed it was. My first index pass was a 194.8 with no brake boost and still probably short shifting, still good enough to get me in top 10 for the bracket. I eventually lost in semi - finals to KC in the R82R (BEAST).

The service from UGR was excellent throughout the build process and delivery, the support at the event was nothing short of spectacular and that's not a word I use often - but it applies here.

Thanks again to the entire crew at Underground.

Your car is a beast, _ _ _ _ (can I say your name, lol). Congrats!