Murcielago PPI...definitely worth the money!

emissary

OK, here we go..

1) 2 front shocks...I can have them replaced with OEM rebuilt, better then new with full 24 month warranty for $815 each and $125 each installation

2) Bank 1 Head leaking, can do same for $3108.00

3) Can do cluster for under $500

4) Tires..tires are tires..buy them YOURSELF off of tire rack at a lot less..drop ship them (they do it for free) and have them installed, save at least $600

That's my 2 cents

Roy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would buy it and have it go right to Roy's shop. Have Roy handle everything and get rid of the wheels. Roy has several sets of Murcie wheels so get a set of Hercules in black and you are set.

NOW…if you want to by a 2003 Blue Hera with only 12k original miles, with brand new wheels/tires, all services complete, no leaks - can confirm with Brian at Supercars because he just did the wheels for me and service about a month or two ago. Private party no tax is $135k. Car has a new stereo system, wheels, clear bra, service all in last year. Car absolutely needs nothing. Also have another set of wheels that go with the car. Message me with any questions. Was not really planning on selling it but never drive it. I own it free and clear with title in hand.

post-10287-1397781374_thumb.jpg

I agree. But not yet. They are in no mans land at the moment. I reckon it will be several years in to the Aventador replacement before movement starts to happen.

Oh, ofcourse I dont expect them to start appreciating anytime soon, but I think your money is safe.. The Countach is just now starting to wander up... Murcielago owners have to wait till Diablos go up.. Gonna be awhile..

I agree %100 percent with Roy, no way is that list of repairs anywhere close to right. It being a manual too, thats not a difficult repair. Lol, i would remove the engine and trans for a fraction of that. Taking the cluster off and tinkering or replacing buttons cant be too difficult. Shocks you could remove yourself and have rebuilt for a few hundred bucks. I know not everyone has the time to do their own work but that still doesnt seem legit. I would guesstimate $7k for a legit shop to do an engine out with head gasket.

Edit: I see the quote now lol. Thats not a crazy estimate for the headgasket from them but yikes on the shocks! Cant go wrong with Roys pricing!

Oh, ofcourse I dont expect them to start appreciating anytime soon, but I think your money is safe.. The Countach is just now starting to wander up... Murcielago owners have to wait till Diablos go up.. Gonna be awhile..

It is going to be a LOT sooner then you think...once all these CAFE GREEN things start hitting hard in 2016, half run engines, low noise output, low comp for gases...people will soon want a car that DRIVES like a car, SOUNDS like a car and not there household vacuum cleaner...

Remember, you read it her first...

Don't forget about the neon green lights inside and the aftermarket ultra-suede/alcantara. That car is a hot mess and has been on the market for about a year.

It is going to be a LOT sooner then you think...once all these CAFE GREEN things start hitting hard in 2016, half run engines, low noise output, low comp for gases...people will soon want a car that DRIVES like a car, SOUNDS like a car and not there household vacuum cleaner...

I believe you! Hence my garage!

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for their for the input on this; I really appreciate it.

Secondly, if we itemize this out:

$135,000 for the car

$1900 for the shock repair

$3100 for the head gasket repair

$500 for the cluster repair

$5000 for Hercules wheels

$1500 for tires

$1000 for shipping from SF to Roy

...it appears I would be to the car for at least $148k. Am I missing anything in the above list? I feel like the odds are fairly good that something else might be found along the way; is this a correct assumption?

OK, here we go..

1) 2 front shocks...I can have them replaced with OEM rebuilt, better then new with full 24 month warranty for $815 each and $125 each installation

2) Bank 1 Head leaking, can do same for $3108.00

3) Can do cluster for under $500

4) Tires..tires are tires..buy them YOURSELF off of tire rack at a lot less..drop ship them (they do it for free) and have them installed, save at least $600

That's my 2 cents

Roy

Thanks for this Roy. I PM'ed you some more specific questions regarding this.

Don't forget about the neon green lights inside and the aftermarket ultra-suede/alcantara. That car is a hot mess and has been on the market for about a year.

I thought it was determined in the other thread on this car that the alcantara interior was actually factory? The green interior lights appear to just be in the footwell. Does an '03 Murcielago normally have footwell lighting?

I don't remember where it was on sale, but from the pictures that neon tubes could be clearly seen hanging below the dash.

I haven't seen an '03 with alcantara, nor have I seen alcantara center console with standard leather on the top. The interior looks really good IMO, but I'm willing to bet that everything that's alcantara used to be cream leather.

I thought it was determined in the other thread on this car that the alcantara interior was actually factory? The green interior lights appear to just be in the footwell. Does an '03 Murcielago normally have footwell lighting?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the interior, but that is just me. I think it looked good, but I would have to see in person if it ins't factory. If it is factory, i think it is probably 1 of 1.. pretty sweet looking to me.

I agree with this as well!

I would buy it and have it go right to Roy's shop. Have Roy handle everything and get rid of the wheels. Roy has several sets of Murcie wheels so get a set of Hercules in black and you are set.

NOW…if you want to by a 2003 Blue Hera with only 12k original miles, with brand new wheels/tires, all services complete, no leaks - can confirm with Brian at Supercars because he just did the wheels for me and service about a month or two ago. Private party no tax is $135k. Car has a new stereo system, wheels, clear bra, service all in last year. Car absolutely needs nothing. Also have another set of wheels that go with the car. Message me with any questions. Was not really planning on selling it but never drive it. I own it free and clear with title in hand.

Charlie is your car a 6MT? Either was she is a beauty! Sell the camero and drive the murci more!!

I don't remember where it was on sale, but from the pictures that neon tubes could be clearly seen hanging below the dash.

I haven't seen an '03 with alcantara, nor have I seen alcantara center console with standard leather on the top. The interior looks really good IMO, but I'm willing to bet that everything that's alcantara used to be cream leather.

Here was the other thread where some people thought it was stock:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70732

That said, you could very well be correct that it was a custom job.

Also, here are the detailed pictures from when the car was at San Francisco Sports Cars that show the green footwell lighting:

http://sanfranciscosportscars.com/2003-lam...extras/gallery/

They did come stock from the Factory with Alcantera, I have 2 02 cars that way and 3 03 cars that way. NOW, I don't know if the Alcantera has been re-sprayed/dyed or not..but if it was and it was done correctly..no big deal..after all it IS A MAN MADE material so holds up pretty well. LED lights, again, no biggie, take them out...

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for their for the input on this; I really appreciate it.

Secondly, if we itemize this out:

$135,000 for the car

$1900 for the shock repair

$3100 for the head gasket repair

$500 for the cluster repair

$5000 for Hercules wheels

$1500 for tires

$1000 for shipping from SF to Roy

...it appears I would be to the car for at least $148k. Am I missing anything in the above list? I feel like the odds are fairly good that something else might be found along the way; is this a correct assumption?

& $4k for LP640 tail lights. Your assumption is correct and very much realistic.

That said, you could very well be correct that it was a custom job.

My only concern with aftermarket on the interior is UV damage. Some people use ultra-suede instead of alcantara and it fades fairly fast in automotive applications. If Roy has seen this interior set up before in the early cars, then it could be OEM, which then is a great thing. Add a carbon center console pieces and it would look fantastic.

Throw some Hemmera wheels on it and that car would look great.

Aside from the head gasket, those issues are nothing major, just lots of work. But in its current state. . . I wouldn't be able to come close to their asking price.

If that is THE car that you want and you have to pay a few thousand extra, it seems that extra money would be more than made up for in the pleasure of driving it.

Why not discuss the issues with the vendor and get a price reduction or some other form of incentive in order for you to have the capital to do the repairs?

The car seems to be hard to find in that color combo and if that was the case and I really liked the car I wouldn't let those issues deter me, ultimately it's your choice my recommendation is to do only what feels the most comfortable to you, good luck with whatever you decide, I hope you will find the car you want and enjoy it for a long time :icon_thumleft:

I was looking to buy this car back in 07 and will tell you what I know about it. This used to be Armen's (from the valley) old Murci, I passed on it mainly for the interior and was never a fan of VI. Fred from Bellagio Motors bought it from under JeffSD and the car sat for a very very long time at Fred' dealership. It was 2wd when Armen sold it to Fred, Fred converted it back to 4wd and it was fine but no one seemed to be interested in the car and from my recollection, it was reasonably priced at the time. Fred gets locked up and the car goes up north and I believe it was listed for sale at 135k, this was about a year ago.

Bring up the history of the car and ask why it has been sitting for along time, maybe this will help in the negotiations. If you like the car, work with them.

My only concern with aftermarket on the interior is UV damage. Some people use ultra-suede instead of alcantara and it fades fairly fast in automotive applications. If Roy has seen this interior set up before in the early cars, then it could be OEM, which then is a great thing. Add a carbon center console pieces and it would look fantastic.

Throw some Hemmera wheels on it and that car would look great.

Aside from the head gasket, those issues are nothing major, just lots of work. But in its current state. . . I wouldn't be able to come close to their asking price.

My first Murci was an '02 (yes, bought from Roy!) dark silver with blue leather and blue alcantera inserts. It was OEM alcantara.

Why not discuss the issues with the vendor and get a price reduction or some other form of incentive in order for you to have the capital to do the repairs?

The car seems to be hard to find in that color combo and if that was the case and I really liked the car I wouldn't let those issues deter me, ultimately it's your choice my recommendation is to do only what feels the most comfortable to you, good luck with whatever you decide, I hope you will find the car you want and enjoy it for a long time :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, that's exactly what I tried to do. The owner's response was that even though he had represented the car as being recently serviced and needing nothing mechanically, he was selling the car "as-is" and was unwilling to renegotiate the price based on the PPI results.

I was looking to buy this car back in 07 and will tell you what I know about it. This used to be Armen's (from the valley) old Murci, I passed on it mainly for the interior and was never a fan of VI. Fred from Bellagio Motors bought it from under JeffSD and the car sat for a very very long time at Fred' dealership. It was 2wd when Armen sold it to Fred, Fred converted it back to 4wd and it was fine but no one seemed to be interested in the car and from my recollection, it was reasonably priced at the time. Fred gets locked up and the car goes up north and I believe it was listed for sale at 135k, this was about a year ago.

Bring up the history of the car and ask why it has been sitting for along time, maybe this will help in the negotiations. If you like the car, work with them.

Wow, thanks for that info. This is completely different from what the current owner and San Francisco Sports Cars told me about the ownership history. The claim was that the current owner had owned the car for 10 years since 800 miles. The CarFax for the car is completely inconclusive. It shows only two owners, but has no entries since December 2008, when it had 10k miles.