Looking for a summer daily

Liquid Assets

Thanks for your time and input Kris!

I was really leaning towards the FF as Toronto is like NYC. I live 20 mins north and would love to be able to throw a set of winters on and drive it into the city that is always plowed for snow like NYC is... Are you able to do that with yours?

No prob!

There are deals out there on the FF. They dropped immediately but they have held strong since people got them and realized how great the FF really is. It's extremely fast for having 4 real seats and a pretty big trunk. But those qualities aren't "summer fun" unless your wish is to go camping in an exotic.

I had two sets of wheels for my FF - one fitted with the sport tires and the other with the winter tires. That's a good idea if you plan to use an FF all year. If you like the looks, I can't knock it.

12C has always been on my radar. Was always a little thrown off as half my friends complain of problems and the other half love theirs.

I have never owned a McLaren. Most of my friends who have them are very happy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You listed some great choices in here! 599 GTO if you want a cruiser, 12c if you want something fun and an FF with summers/winters if you truly want to DD it year round!

I can't imagine how fun an FF would be in the snow with winters!

R8 V10 Spyder S-Tronic (with the new trans it's basically a slower Huracan for half the price)

MP4 Spider

I'm in the same boat (except I don't have 10 other supercars ;) )

Good luck!

You listed some great choices in here! 599 GTO if you want a cruiser, 12c if you want something fun and an FF with summers/winters if you truly want to DD it year round!

GTO is awesome but I think it's more akin to owning a mid engined exotic than a normal front engined GT. Just listen to the damn thing and tell me it's even possible to drive that car at less than WOT at all times. :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe Kev99sv will disagree?

I drove the 458 for about 20 laps on the track a couple weeks ago. Not "all out" but definitely pushed it well past what you'd do on the street. I loved EVERYTHING about the 458 except the twitchiness of the throttle. I drove it in race mode and then tried sport mode for a few laps but it made no difference. The sound of the downshifts was GLORIOUS!

That pedal felt every tiny movement of my foot - every tiny adjustment, to the point where it became annoying. It was so sensitive to throttle input that it was difficult to be smooth. All of us (instructors) were "fighting" to drive the car each morning for warm up laps, and others said the same thing about the twitchy nature of the gas pedal.

On track - it's a precision instrument. On the street it would depend how you like to drive. Too twitchy for me...and I don't know if you ever get used to a pedal THAT sensitive.

GTO is awesome but I think it's more akin to owning a mid engined exotic than a normal front engined GT. Just listen to the damn thing and tell me it's even possible to drive that car at less than WOT at all times. :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe Kev99sv will disagree?

I don't disagree. Best sounding car I have ever owned

post-6720-1399941515_thumb.jpg

LFA would be cool and very unique.

If I were looking for a summer car, there are a few in mind: 12C/458 spyder, vantage v12. Maybe go oldschool with a Ferrari 512, Diablo.

they want over a million for it

And they will get it. Seriously, no one moves Ferraris at ultra high prices like Ferrari of New England. They always have the lowest mile super Ferraris, too. The amount of Enzos that have passed through that building in the past year is ridiculous.

MP4 is a good deal and has a fantastic ride. However for a DD, ingress/egress is a little more difficult and has limited boot space.

i just bought an F-type R coupe. it might be too cheap for what you are considering but it is a gorgeous car, lovely to drive, and a very good DD. it's something to consider and is seriously out of the box for much less money.

And they will get it. Seriously, no one moves Ferraris at ultra high prices like Ferrari of New England. They always have the lowest mile super Ferraris, too. The amount of Enzos that have passed through that building in the past year is ridiculous.

👍👍 + They're great to deal with.

Hey boys,

Asked a bunch of friends with collections but not much input...

Anyone familiar with the Saleen S7s and the new 991 Turbo S's?

Cheers

Saleen S7 - To quote my friend who owned one, "It's the fastest thing I have, but it's also the biggest piece of s**t I own." Interior is crammed and with no ABS things can get a bit scary when trying to stop. Looks cool and sounds great, but I personally wouldn't shell out the dough for one.

991 Turbo S - Really fun car. Quick and shifts lighting fast. Not as "serious" or raw as previous generations, but for a daily cruiser that goes fast when you want it to and don't have to exert much brain power of focus to drive, it's a solid car.

My 2 cents from my experiences with these cars.

Saleen S7 - To quote my friend who owned one, "It's the fastest thing I have, but it's also the biggest piece of s**t I own." Interior is crammed and with no ABS things can get a bit scary when trying to stop. Looks cool and sounds great, but I personally wouldn't shell out the dough for one.

991 Turbo S - Really fun car. Quick and shifts lighting fast. Not as "serious" or raw as previous generations, but for a daily cruiser that goes fast when you want it to and don't have to exert much brain power of focus to drive, it's a solid car.

My 2 cents from my experiences with these cars.

Thanks a lot for your time buddy!

I have a lot of options but thats a problem at the moment as I am looking in completely different sectors of sports/super/exotic cars.

Hate the depreciation factor on most, along with almost no aftermarket or originality. Since I am some what young, kinda want to use these years and toughen em out in some unique cars I have always been fond of.

The S7 has been on my mind probably the longest of any car I have thought of acquiring. At this time, kinda leaning towards one with a Bentley SS for a DD.

I heard pro's and con's about them. I know of a few shops that have done some good changes to them. Going as far as putting a Ford GT drivetrain and altering most of the cars suspension and brakes. Than making more than 2000hp from that drivetrain.

Would be a fun car to do minor mods on for the summer and be completely unique at the same time as scratching a very long itch... Haha

Market is a little all over the place though and probably the most underground car there is in terms of allocation and pricing.

Looking into them at the moment.

Crazy good deals on MP4 Spyders right now. Overbuilt and undersold, dealers have been given incentives from Mac to sell them. DO IT

Thanks a lot for your time buddy!

I have a lot of options but thats a problem at the moment as I am looking in completely different sectors of sports/super/exotic cars.

Hate the depreciation factor on most, along with almost no aftermarket or originality. Since I am some what young, kinda want to use these years and toughen em out in some unique cars I have always been fond of.

The S7 has been on my mind probably the longest of any car I have thought of acquiring. At this time, kinda leaning towards one with a Bentley SS for a DD.

I heard pro's and con's about them. I know of a few shops that have done some good changes to them. Going as far as putting a Ford GT drivetrain and altering most of the cars suspension and brakes. Than making more than 2000hp from that drivetrain.

Would be a fun car to do minor mods on for the summer and be completely unique at the same time as scratching a very long itch... Haha

Market is a little all over the place though and probably the most underground car there is in terms of allocation and pricing.

Looking into them at the moment.

There's a red S7TT Competition for sale At Crave.

http://craveluxuryauto.com/web/2234/vehicl...%20850HP%20Comp