Am I thinking right? New car thread

TRANSAMERA

Ok guys, here is the deal...

Current status is that I sold my Panamera GTS a few weeks back (God I miss that car and I can't wait untill I buy the facelifted brandnew one after summer, fuckyou Allan!) So, this leaves me with my R8 V10 coupe, a car that has been sitting at the dealership for 8 months now, I am so bored of it I wont even want to take it out and drive it...

The "dream" is to buy the Aventador roadster but that simply is not happening this year, there are none available for sale and they are way to expensive, even if one would magically appear. The coupes have come down quite a bit now, but I also know they will tank a lot more after this summer and that is a hit I am not willing to take for a coupe. So the Aventador idea is simply put on hold.

Now, I must have a Spyder, I've had a Lambos/R8s V10 Spyders for the last 8 years and last year was the first with a coupe and it sucked.. Of course, we also had the best summer in three decades over here, so every frikkin day last year was agonizing with the fixed roof and I wont let that happen again!

So, what I'm thinking is;

1. McLaren MP4 Spider - there is a dealer democar I can get a trade in R8/fairly good deal at, but I really don't like the idea it is now a "old car" and discontinued modell. Plus I loathe the fact you have to mod a new car with a 10K bumper to get it to look right. The 650S looks much better and triumphs it in every aspecy for not so much more coin.

I also think resale on it will be a real PITA plus it will tank even more after summer, it hasn't bottomed out yet and I need a car I can get "out of" fairly easy after summer.

2. Huracan - I would only want a Spyder since it is now confirmed it will be a hardtop. So I have no other choice than to wait untill next year for it.

3. Audi R8 Spyder S-Tronic - I have a lead on a MY13 Suzuka grey with CCBs and the goods, low mileage and extended warranty untill 2018. I get a good price on it and they will also trade in my R8 coupe for it. This might be the most boring option, I know, but this car is also the best dailydriveable exotic out there (bar the 991 Turbo which is boring) and a much easier car to re-sell than the above.

Since I like the R8 a lot, but hate the E-gear, the new transmission should make this car really enjoyable, I'm thinking a slower and more subtle and refined Huracan.

Before the bashing begins, keep in my mind, this is a "in between car" I'm speaking of, not "the ultimate car out there".

I want a car that keeps me satisifed during this summer untill next year, when I can go for the Aventador/650 Spider/Huracan Spyder.

I know most of you will suggest the Mac, but keeo in mind that this particular car has been collecting dust on the dealer showroom floor for over 12 months now, with a 100K under sticker price...

So, please, keep this thread serious and help a brother out being able to sleep at nights :turboalex:

Thanks!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I get the feeling this is another thread where everyone will tell you not to get the R8 spyder and then you will go out and get it anyway?

Good luck, can't go wrong with any choice you mentioned. If I were you I would switch it up. You already admitted how little you drove the R8 you have. Taking the roof off and throwing in a DCT might give you more of what you want, but in the end it is still basically the same car that you've already had like five times.

Why has your v10 coupe been sitting at the dealer for 8 months?

I've been trying to sell it..

Just imagine trying to sell a Mac Spider or a Gallardo Spyder in this market/climate :(

I've been trying to sell it..

Just imagine trying to sell a Mac Spider or a Gallardo Spyder in this market/climate :(

Thats what I thought, so what makes you think an R8 V10 Spyder will be any different on resale?

Why do I get the feeling this is another thread where everyone will tell you not to get the R8 spyder and then you will go out and get it anyway?

Good luck, can't go wrong with any choice you mentioned. If I were you I would switch it up. You already admitted how little you drove the R8 you have. Taking the roof off and throwing in a DCT might give you more of what you want, but in the end it is still basically the same car that you've already had like five times.

Thanks! I would just like to have second opinions on what the smartest move is to do, based on my dilemma above.

The R8 is a wonderful car, it still looks very modern, drives great, have german quality with italian spices and the new transmisson makes it a very attractive car.

Thats what I thought, so what makes you think an R8 V10 Spyder will be any different on resale?

The dealer that provides this particular Spyder is the same dealer I have been dealing with the last few years.

He trades in my Spyders/exotics for more reasonable cars like, Panameras etc after I'm done with them.

He also is a mayor PITA since I he knows I am locked to him and he takes advantage of it.

Oh well, for good and bad I guess... Buying/selling cars have never been a nice thing...

None of the above.

You like the latest and the greatest and none of those fit your criteria.

You will spunk your money on something that farts out cash everytime you look at it and then carry on wanting the aventador roadster which by the time you get into to one will hate because it will not be the latest and greatest.

Not having a pop but deep down, you know I am right.

None of the above.

You like the latest and the greatest and none of those fit your criteria.

You will spunk your money on something that farts out cash everytime you look at it and then carry on wanting the aventador roadster which by the time you get into to one will hate because it will not be the latest and greatest.

Not having a pop but deep down, you know I am right.

Lets say your right, what should I do? Buy a moped?

I still need a fun car over summer and the R8 I currently have will not be that car.

Jirre, smartest thing is to get the car which will be satisfying enough as a placeholder car and not lose your ass on resale. I'd vote for a p991 turbo cab.

With light body accent mods that car looks super sick too. I saw one in Scottsdale that looked so hot. I wish I had a pic of it.

Personally I would go for the 'can but it does not meet your roof criteria and you will not get one until after the summer.

Given your above options.

Haggle hard on the mac. Squeeze everything out of the deal. Your part of the world with your sales tax and volume of nice cars I would say that mac being on that sales floor is hurting the dealer just being sat there.

That way when Allan gives you crap for the next GTS you can point at one car and say that has turbo.

If you don't feel you are getting the deal then walk as the price is only going one direction. The dealer has much to lose now and you are in a position to take advantage.

One more summer in a r8 coupe until you get a 'vent roadster is not the hardest hardship really?

The r8, you are done. I think you have done more versions on that platform than Lambo have released special editions of the Gallardo. Get another R8 and you will be in the same spot as you are now but minus a roof.

Jirre, smartest thing is to get the car which will be satisfying enough as a placeholder car and not lose your ass on resale. I'd vote for a p991 turbo cab.

With light body accent mods that car looks super sick too. I saw one in Scottsdale that looked so hot. I wish I had a pic of it.

I agree and I am checking them out, only problem is that they are so new over here, there are no used ones around.

Superb car!

GTR

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Personally I would go for the 'can but it does not meet your roof criteria and you will not get one until after the summer.

Given your above options.

Haggle hard on the mac. Squeeze everything out of the deal. Your part of the world with your sales tax and volume of nice cars I would say that mac being on that sales floor is hurting the dealer just being sat there.

That way when Allan gives you crap for the next GTS you can point at one car and say that has turbo.

If you don't feel you are getting the deal then walk as the price is only going one direction. The dealer has much to lose now and you are in a position to take advantage.

One more summer in a r8 coupe until you get a 'vent roadster is not the hardest hardship really?

The r8, you are done. I think you have done more versions on that platform than Lambo have released special editions of the Gallardo. Get another R8 and you will be in the same spot as you are now but minus a roof.

I am squeezing the Mac dealer, I am awaiting his reply, This is the car

I agree on the massive amounts of G/R8 platforms I ahve owned and I lol'd, but still, there are no other options out there!?

Aston, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari is off the table for me.

The new S-Tronic R8 has to be the perfect car for the money?!

I also just got of the phone with the Lambo dealer in Denmark (since we don't have our own anymore :rolleyes: )

He said the factory are delayed and they haven't even gotten their demo yet. All prepaid Huracans will be delivered in Scandinavia from October and onward up untill Januari -15 :shock: Thank God I passed over my 1st slot....

He also said the Huracan Spyder won't come out next year, but the summer after that, so there goes that idea out the window as well...

I hate cars sometimes, maybe I should just buy a Countach and hang it on my wall..

I am squeezing the Mac dealer, I am awaiting his reply, This is the car

The new S-Tronic R8 has to be the perfect car for the money?!

Love the white on the MP4s. My most favorite color for them.

I know it's not a spyder but R8 GT?

Love the white on the MP4s. My most favorite color for them.

I know it's not a spyder but R8 GT?

The GT comes in Spyder, they demand the same premium as a S-Tronic one and for me, that is a easy choiche, newer tech over hardcore anyday.

Buy nothing, keep the current R8 and deal with the fixed roof. Remind yourself every time you want to drop the top that the money you are saving by not flipping a car this year will get you in to an Aventador next year.

Buy nothing, keep the current R8 and deal with the fixed roof. Remind yourself every time you want to drop the top that the money you are saving by not flipping a car this year will get you in to an Aventador next year.

:iamwithstupid:

Sounds like the best bet is to just deal with this for the summer and then get the Aventador when you can...it'll be worth it. Easier than just wasting money for the sake of spending money