Typical Egear Cutch Life

NOSZ06

What is a typical clutch life for an 07 Egear? Driving conditions are mostly flat ground highway with very little stop and go traffic. I'm at 9,500 miles on original disc and curious if its time for replacement.

Cheers

What is a typical clutch life for an 07 Egear? Driving conditions are mostly flat ground highway with very little stop and go traffic. I'm at 9,500 miles on original disc and curious if its time for replacement.

Cheers

Last time mine was checked it was at about 30% worn at 10000 miles

I am pretty carefully and try to let the clutch bite before giving it major throttle but also have to back out of my parking space at a tight lock that is supposed to be pretty much the worst thing you can do.

Cheers

2008 15000 less then half used

I measured mine every time it was in the shop

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster 6.2 Clutch E-Gear 5LA01467

Date / Kilometers Clutch Pressure Slip Position Start

-------------------- Plate Stroke ------- max 7.60 mm

31.12.2005 ------- 0 km - 19,16 mm - 0.00 mm

17.07.2006 -- 3'200 km - 20.00 mm - 0.80 mm

06.07.2007 -- 5'500 km - 20.60 mm - 1.40 mm

16.05.2008 - 11'950 km - 21.20 mm - 2.00 mm

20.04.2009 - 14'000 km - 21.37 mm - 2.17 mm

20.03.2010 - 19'000 km - 21.30 mm - 2.10 mm

10.05.2011 - 23'000 km - 21.50 mm - 2.30 mm

28.10.2011 - 28‘000 km - 21.72 mm - 2.45 mm

No idea how and why it could "recover" between 14'000 and 19'000km

When we are talking about an E Gear Snap to see clutch wear, are we talking about a "photo" snap with a camera, or is "snap" just a term? If photo, I am curious what that looks like and where it is taken. Thanks.

When we are talking about an E Gear Snap to see clutch wear, are we talking about a "photo" snap with a camera, or is "snap" just a term? If photo, I am curious what that looks like and where it is taken. Thanks.

No photo, just a term.

• 1 month later...

Snap listed about 30% life remaining. Vehicle serviced and clutch replaced.Tech said they typically experience similar clutch wear for 07 egear. Yes reverse motion will be reduced.

Cheers

15K a clutch for me. First clutch at 15'500, second at 32'000........ Bonus is whilst the motor is out at 32K, you can fix all the oil leaks that have developed too.

• 1 month later...

You guys are lucky, here in Singapore there is so much stop and go traffic and lights at every corner that our clutch doesn't last that long. The last I checked at 7900 kms I had like 68% clutch left.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is a question.

What number is roughly 'end of life' for a clutch? Meaning, when I get to this X number in my egear snap, its completed its service life and needs replacement? The problem with Egear, is that once the computer decides its done, it basically wont work with you anymore right? So egear cars always run the risk of being stranded at any moment, where as a stick guy can certainly start feeling the clutch slipping?

Some guidance, I'd like to get full service life of my clutch but if that means inevitably, that I will get NO warning, and can be stuck at 'any time' once I get to a certain 'wear' amount on the clutch?

I'm now at 11,000+ miles on oem clutch, but my service tech told me at 10,000 that I had about 25% clutch life left.

Thanks,

Jon

50,000 on a 2009 Gallardo lp560 clutch was like new and the "lambo rep" said 2009 and newer have a different life expectancy than the 2004-2007

30k on a lp700 replaced gearboy in factory and they said "clutch was like new" it was just total gearbox failure

So here is a question.

What number is roughly 'end of life' for a clutch? Meaning, when I get to this X number in my egear snap, its completed its service life and needs replacement? The problem with Egear, is that once the computer decides its done, it basically wont work with you anymore right? So egear cars always run the risk of being stranded at any moment, where as a stick guy can certainly start feeling the clutch slipping?

Some guidance, I'd like to get full service life of my clutch but if that means inevitably, that I will get NO warning, and can be stuck at 'any time' once I get to a certain 'wear' amount on the clutch?

I'm now at 11,000+ miles on oem clutch, but my service tech told me at 10,000 that I had about 25% clutch life left.

Thanks,

Jon

So here is a question.

Thanks,

Jon

I don't think the egear just stops working rather you start to get things like dropping out of gear etc.

I am sure someone who has used up an egear clutch rather than had it changed as a precaution will chime in and let you know what to look for.

I don't think the egear just stops working rather you start to get things like dropping out of gear etc.

I am sure someone who has used up an egear clutch rather than had it changed as a precaution will chime in and let you know what to look for.

Yes please. I'd rather just use it up, and as soon as the 'signs' start showing, then schedule its replacement, but not throw away a couple thousand miles of a clutch, when these things are only good for 10-15k miles to start with.

Anyone?