F Type Coupe

cuthere

On a whim the wife and I decided to test drive the new F Type Jag Coupe ® -

I was expecting to like the car, but that's it. Boy was I wrong. With the bump in power (550) the car was an absolute blast to drive, and just felt "right."

The sound was dead on - A powerful V8 roar with all sorts of gurgling when you let off the gas. The car just felt like it wanted to be driven hard, and the cabin was driver-centric with a great wrap around feel to it. Overall I must say I was impressed and will be picking one up within the next few months. Just put a new toy in the garage 3 months ago, but this was enough fun to convince me to be on the lookout for just the right combo by August.

To be honest the convertible just didn't do it for me. It looked "nice" but not "Great." Something was a bit off IMHO. But seeing the coupe - It jumped out at me and I had to give it a go. Not sure what everyone else thinks about the coupe - But curious if anyone else has snagged one yet or taken one for a longer drive?

On a whim the wife and I decided to test drive the new F Type Jag Coupe ® -

I was expecting to like the car, but that's it. Boy was I wrong. With the bump in power (550) the car was an absolute blast to drive, and just felt "right."

The sound was dead on - A powerful V8 roar with all sorts of gurgling when you let off the gas. The car just felt like it wanted to be driven hard, and the cabin was driver-centric with a great wrap around feel to it. Overall I must say I was impressed and will be picking one up within the next few months. Just put a new toy in the garage 3 months ago, but this was enough fun to convince me to be on the lookout for just the right combo by August.

To be honest the convertible just didn't do it for me. It looked "nice" but not "Great." Something was a bit off IMHO. But seeing the coupe - It jumped out at me and I had to give it a go. Not sure what everyone else thinks about the coupe - But curious if anyone else has snagged one yet or taken one for a longer drive?

First things first! Do you always include the ® symbol when you talk about a make/model?

I haven't driven a coupe, but I had an extended drive in the convertible (a white V8 S) and I really liked it. I thought it looked fantastic and I agree about the V8 soundtrack. The car sounds really nice, especially in the sport mode. I saw a coupe at our Season Opener Party and thought it was really good looking but I would personally take the convertible if I were buying an F-Type.

First things first! Do you always include the ® symbol when you talk about a make/model?

I haven't driven a coupe, but I had an extended drive in the convertible (a white V8 S) and I really liked it. I thought it looked fantastic and I agree about the V8 soundtrack. The car sounds really nice, especially in the sport mode. I saw a coupe at our Season Opener Party and thought it was really good looking but I would personally take the convertible if I were buying an F-Type.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. Oh, and the R got there on its own. I typed "R" after Coupe, as that'st the designation of the vehicle. But the board turned it into a registered trademark symbol. haha

I was more interested in the coupe for the extra power and the fact I already do a lot of driving in a convertible, but do not have a coupe at the moment. Wanted to add some variety. Still keeping my eyes on the market though as it appears a lot of fun vehicles on the way, but thus far I'm pretty taken by this thing. :icon_mrgreen:

I see them more and more. It was love at first sight for me honestly. The sound, the looks, the interior and just the fact that it's different than all the 911s, Caymans, SLs, etc out there.

I see them more and more. It was love at first sight for me honestly. The sound, the looks, the interior and just the fact that it's different than all the 911s, Caymans, SLs, etc out there.

that's exactly why i like it. it may not be the best performer but it has more character especially for the price point

Test drove one today and my gosh! It totally blew me away. It's like an orchestra playing behind your ears. Plenty of power, looks great both inside and out, and sounds insane!

Sound is really good. Car looks great in coupe or cab for a $80-100k car. However, it doesn't call much attention like an exotic for sure. More at par with Porsche, amg, bmw m and perhaps even Maserati in terms of looks.

I would buy one instead of Boxster, cayman or SL based on looks, value, sound.

I heard the car has too much power for the brakes and chassis on the cab. Not sure if the coupe is same.

Have u considered the new C7? It looks better imo

I love it! I would still take an Aston over it, but it looks damn goos.

jaguarftypepurrs071.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Interesting development.

With competition potentially from Merc and Porsche ditching the manual options on the 991 the F type will be the first jag in 40 years to be available in a manual transmission.

Bucking the trend but good that some companies are experimenting, would be interesting to see sales figures in the next few years.

The big players have done their numbers, the uptake will be very small, non car enthusiasts, which are the greater majority of the market, when given the choice will always be "enticed" by an up-sale, they are buying a premium brand ego always gets in the way, majority of the boxes are always being ticked :icon_mrgreen:

Offering it in this situation, given that nobody else does isn't necessarily a bad thing, you've got something your competitors don't which is always a bonus.

On a separate note, I like where Jag is heading and I am really digging the new F Type!

the F type will be the first jag in 40 years to be available in a manual transmission.

One of us must be orbiting a black hole, because I make that 5 years.

Interesting development.

With competition potentially from Merc and Porsche ditching the manual options on the 991 the F type will be the first jag in 40 years to be available in a manual transmission.

Bucking the trend but good that some companies are experimenting, would be interesting to see sales figures in the next few years.

Bucking the trend is a good thing and much needed.

Should be an exciting Jag to watch out for, for a change.