Birkin hermes in LA

q8ylambo

My wife "needs" a birkin from hermes and we are staying in The US for a couple of weeks. We will stay in LA and las vegas. I wish that someone can refer me to a boutique where someone can take care of us.

Many thanks :eusa_wall:

My wife "needs" a birkin from hermes and we are staying in The US for a couple of weeks. We will stay in LA and las vegas. I wish that someone can refer me to a boutique where someone can take care of us.

From experience I can say that you need to build a relationship with the brand/store/sales person. It's not easy to walk in there and just ask for a Birkin. They usually reserve that bag for repeat customers whom have patronized the Hermes store multiple times.

But never hurts to try. Good luck.

My friend's boss is a regular birkin buyer. I'll call her tomorrow and see if there is anything she can do.

My wife (who has a purse addiction) says the Hermes store in south coast plaza in Newport Beach should hook you up...

My wife (who has a purse addiction) says the Hermes store in south coast plaza in Newport Beach should hook you up...

Is that your

image.jpg

"wife"

Wow....waiting list on a 30K "bag"...who would have figured..............

Really? On a car forum dedicated to a brand with waiting lists on $300-500k+++ cars?

The irony is strong with this post... LOL

I get that Lamborghni is a luxury item as well..... I'm just stunned ppl would wait money in hand to spen 30K on a $50 piece of leather....thats all....not judging....I'm sure there a billion % mark up on my watches as well

I get that Lamborghni is a luxury item as well..... I'm just stunned ppl would wait money in hand to spen 30K on a $50 piece of leather....thats all....not judging....I'm sure there a billion % mark up on my watches as well

Exactly... My wife's mentioned a Birken (wink-wink, nudge-nudge kind of thing) and I knew I couldn't even start complaining about the price considering our cars and watches!

The nice thing about the Birken (and I apply the same philosophy to my watches and now, cars) is that they tend to hold their value extremely well.

It's not necessarily the entry cost that hurts, it's the (potential) exit price that gets ya.

Some very rich marketing genius.

This is the second time that Birkins have came up as a topic in LP! Man, guys....we must love spoiling our girls!! :icon_thumleft:

Some very rich marketing genius.

From this thread:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=71614&st=0

All Hermes stores have it in the room at the back. Its a marketing gimmick, like getting on the 'list' for a Ferrari. They only sell it to you if you've spent enough at the store. Slick marketing.

You can make money off it since the retail is only 50-70% of the open market value.

My sister has more than a dozen of them and they cost more than my lambos and Ferraris put together. Personally, I prefer the cars.

From experience I can say that you need to build a relationship with the brand/store/sales person. It's not easy to walk in there and just ask for a Birkin. They usually reserve that bag for repeat customers whom have patronized the Hermes store multiple times.

But never hurts to try. Good luck.

From what i know, if you know someone there (manager or a salesman) he can get you one.

My friend's boss is a regular birkin buyer. I'll call her tomorrow and see if there is anything she can do.

Thanks for the help and hope to hear from you soon :icon_thumleft: .

Thank you very much for the help.

a rather ugly bag none the less

the marketing for clothes these days is as follows: slap a ridiculous price tag on anything so that only a few people can afford it....give one to a celeb to endorse it.....watch the people line up because the people want it.

this reminds me of the "i am rich" app that someone created and charged $1000 for. it sold 8 times before apple took it down. granted 2 or 3 of the sales were accidents...but even if 5 were legitimate...that means he made $5k on an app that would have cost $500 MAX if you paid someone to make it.

it comes down to 2 things: 1) giving people something they can buy that shows off their wealth without them having to say a word and 2) fooling people into thinking theres a reason this product is worth $XX and that they want it

spending a crazy amount of money on a car is also a little ridiculous...but at least you kind of get something for your money.

• 3 weeks later...

Was wondering if you happened to get the bag when you were in Cali. I'm going next week and was also wondering if someone could help me. I'm in Paris now and thought it would be easier to get it here rather then the states (NY) but no luck yet. Thanks.

I look at a purse the same as I look at a wallet.. If it costs more than the money that is in it, what is the fcuking point..

A watch the same thing.. No one wears a watch anymore to tell time.. Ridiculous prices for a time piece.. Not sure I will ever purchase something like this in my life.

Who pays a ridiculous amount of money to get from A-B? Why buy an exotic car, when a used $5K beater will do the job? Looking at other people's hobbies as utilitarian while your own are passions is pretty myopic.

Who pays a ridiculous amount of money to get from A-B? Why buy an exotic car, when a used $5K beater will do the job? Looking at other people's hobbies as utilitarian while your own are passions is pretty myopic.

+100000000000000

The nice thing about the Birken (and I apply the same philosophy to my watches and now, cars) is that they tend to hold their value extremely well.
REALLY? Unless you're talking about collector cars - I don't think they hold their value all that well. Lambos are depreciating assets like any other (non-collector) car. I can't comment on Birkins cause I have no idea.

it's not necessarily the entry cost that hurts, it's the (potential) exit price that gets ya.
:iamwithstupid: ^THIS!

I'm not a "purse girl" or much into shoes. I supposed my husband wishes I was. It'd be a helluva cheaper than the cars. But then again - he can enjoy the cars. He's not much into purses or shoes either :icon_mrgreen:

One could say the same about houses - that as long as it provides shelter it should suffice. Yet many of us live in places far larger and grander than we need. In our experience - houses DO (generally) hold/increase their value - real estate bubble notwithstanding.

REALLY? Unless you're talking about collector cars - I don't think they hold their value all that well. Lambos are depreciating assets like any other (non-collector) car. I can't comment on Birkins cause I have no idea.

:iamwithstupid: ^THIS!

I'm not a "purse girl" or much into shoes. I supposed my husband wishes I was. It'd be a helluva cheaper than the cars. But then again - he can enjoy the cars. He's not much into purses or shoes either :icon_mrgreen:

One could say the same about houses - that as long as it provides shelter it should suffice. Yet many of us live in places far larger and grander than we need. In our experience - houses DO (generally) hold/increase their value - real estate bubble notwithstanding.

Yes, really. And that's why I said "now" about cars. It takes more money than I have to buy these things new and watch them depreciate, sometimes at a rate that really could be before your eyes. Now my car is worth at least what I purchased it for and I have just as much - if not more - fun than I had in my "keys from a lear jet" Gallardo. In hindsight, I could've timed the Gallardo purchase better; a nice G now is pretty stable and furthers my point - it's not what it costs to buy, it's the difference in the price you have to sell at. I realize no one has a crystal ball when it comes to these things, but there are some things everyone can see and use to make their own choices when purchasing, one being new exotic cars, almost universally, drop like a rock.

The wifey doesn't have a Birken (yet), but the more I look at them, the more they make sense in the same regard as my view on cars.

As Webster basically said, different strokes...