Petition to repeal 25 year ban on import for car

BLK85

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/r...rs-and/PhZ4RMgz

The White House has to respond once any petition reaches 100,000 people signing. Sure there is a ways to go, but you have to start some where. And there is no saying it would be changed. If it was changed to 15 years early Zondas would be included.

and chopped rat rods do?

Exactly this. It is irony that you can custom build some piece of shit in your backyard and careen in through traffic at mach speed, but I can't bring a Audi RS4 Avant to the states because I want one.

IMHO the solution to this problem would be for the federal, state & local gov'ts to issue pollution & efficiency standards for all classes of vehicles on a regular period....say every ten years. Those standards would be required for a vehicle to drive on US roads....ANY vehicle in a particular class that could comply, no matter country of origin, would be certified if it complied with required standards; as standards increased you would get a natural falling off effect whereby older vehicles that could no longer meet requirements would be taken off the road.

Bill Gates' struggle to import his 959 is legendary.... If he couldnt fix it back then, I dont see any chance now.

Bill Gates' struggle to import his 959 is legendary.... If he couldnt fix it back then, I dont see any chance now.

Wasnt this what caused the creation of the show and display law?

And Roleur...there was a silver B5 RS4 for sale out of colorado (real one) for sale about a year ago.

Wasnt this what caused the creation of the show and display law?

Yep... But thats as far as they went... And wouldnt go an inch further.

Well its because they don't comply with regulations.

not exactly, that is the device to enact the law, the real reason was to protect the UAW and the local industry.

Exactly this. It is irony that you can custom build some piece of shit in your backyard and careen in through traffic at mach speed, but I can't bring a Audi RS4 Avant to the states because I want one.

RS6 Avant....go big or go home. ;)

And Roleur...there was a silver B5 RS4 for sale out of colorado (real one) for sale about a year ago.

I think I saw that one too. I thought about buying it myself.

RS6 Avant....go big or go home. ;)

Ha! I meant the RS6 Avant. I found this interesting as well though, I googled the RS4 Avant and found that they are legal to import as long as they are in the year model range of 1999-2001 due to some rule that says that they are such a similar model to the US version of the car. They stopped making the A6 wagon in 2011 in the states, I wonder if you could bring in a 2011 model RS6 Avant? I guess someone would have to make a case for the car as they did the RS4 13 years ago. Not sure how that would work.