Aventador factory software/hardware upgrade

Unotaz

Just picked up my car from service today. I had the 1500 mile oil service, along with the new software upgrade for the instrument cluster, engine management (including new stop/start function change) and transmission, new radiator/cooling hose, and belt.

Here are my initial note after 20 miles of street driving:

- the initial clutch engage point is much crisper and both the upshift/downshift are smoother. The behavior of the transmission changed quite a bit, much better than before!

- engine start when the car is warm is different as well

- exhaust note has a bit more "burble" in the lower rpm range (3000-4000rpm)

- couldn't spot any difference in my instrument cluster, so I have no idea what the instrument cluster software upgrade did

We are suppose to be receiving new car manual as well.

Anybody else did the upgrade and can chime in their experience/feedback?

The dealer is scheduled to pickup my Aventador next week for the upgrades and for the installation of more carbon fiber pieces. Once back I will share my impressions. Thanks for the review.

Just picked up my car from service today. I had the 1500 mile oil service, along with the new software upgrade for the instrument cluster, engine management (including new stop/start function change) and transmission, new radiator/cooling hose, and belt.

- the initial clutch engage point is much crisper and both the upshift/downshift are smoother. The behavior of the transmission changed quite a bit, much better than before!

- couldn't spot any difference in my instrument cluster, so I have no idea what the instrument cluster software upgrade did

What year is your Aventador? Is it coupe or roadster?

You have a 2014 ... And there's a software upgrade ... When was the build date for your car ...

Just curious, with this upgrade, is a 2012 similar to a 2014???

Yes...very interesting. I'm also wondering if my roadster has or need the updates? Unotaz, what is the last four digits to your VIN? That will tell us how much earlier your Aventador was built before mine. Mine is #2911 Aventador.

Did you receive a notification from Lambo that an update is available or did your dealership call you?

Since my car (2014) was at the dealership in March (carbon fiber upgrades) the campaigns were subsequently implemented. The dealer's service manager always emails me as new releases are announced.

Yes...very interesting. I'm also wondering if my roadster has or need the updates? Unotaz, what is the last four digits to your VIN? That will tell us how much earlier your Aventador was built before mine. Mine is #2911 Aventador.

Did you receive a notification from Lambo that an update is available or did your dealership call you?

I have a 2014 coupe and my build number is 2419. My dealer just told me that there was new campaign upgrade when I went in to schedule my 1500 mile service. The actual appointment had to be scheduled a few weeks out since they were waiting for the upgraded parts to arrive from the factory (new hose, belt, radiator and etc). So I knew of the upgrade campaign in early July but I didn't go in until August.

I am pretty certain this applies to all 2014 cars. The start/stop function is different and we will be receiving new owners manual as well.

I have a 2014 coupe and my build number is 2419. My dealer just told me that there was new campaign upgrade when I went in to schedule my 1500 mile service. The actual appointment had to be scheduled a few weeks out since they were waiting for the upgraded parts to arrive from the factory (new hose, belt, radiator and etc). So I knew of the upgrade campaign in early July but I didn't go in until August.

I am pretty certain this applies to all 2014 cars. The start/stop function is different and we will be receiving new owners manual as well.

Just spoke to my Dealership Lamborghini Brand Manager, he's unaware or not familiar with any software and part updates for 2014 cars so he will speak with the service dept on Monday and get back to me. He said that they've done plenty software updates for 2012-2013 cars, but not sure about 2014 cars. I told him that I learned that many of you from here with 2014 cars are getting the updates so I need to know if there an update campaign for my car?

Service dept at STL Motorcars aren't in on Saturdays.

Will keep you guys updated as I learn more.

I got the software update on mine as well. A 2014 Roadster I had delivered in Dec 2013 (don't have the build # off hand).

It definitely does make a difference on the shifting. I have the kreissieg exhaust on mine and it gives a lot more pops and crackles at the lower rpm range which is nice. I was hoping the change would give that same downshift throttle blip you get in sport mode when you are in corsa but it doesnt do that. The shifts are much smoother but appears to take a little longer(?) at the lower rpm range to complete the shift, though once you get into the higher rev range it still has that same visceral jerk. On my 2012 coupe I thought it was too aggressive but I think they've got it dialed in just right now. I didn't notice anything on the display so if there was a change it may have been more subtle. Otherwise the dealer told me there are some changes to the startup with the factory software exhaust upgrade, but not too sure what those were, I'm in CA so we can't get the factory exhaust upgrade here.

I had an aftermarket software upgrade and mine actually felt a bit less aggressive after this latest update, so I'm not sure how it works but it may have wiped my aftermarket upgrade. I'm going to take it back to the installer and get that checked out.

Overall though just for the shifting changes I think it was an improvement from stock.

I got a call about a factory recall/upgrade of tensioner and a couple of other things and when I brought it in they said they just released the software update so I had it done at the same time. Maybe the newer 2014's already came that way?

I got the software update on mine as well. A 2014 Roadster I had delivered in Dec 2013 (don't have the build # off hand).

It definitely does make a difference on the shifting. I have the kreissieg exhaust on mine and it gives a lot more pops and crackles at the lower rpm range which is nice. I was hoping the change would give that same downshift throttle blip you get in sport mode when you are in corsa but it doesnt do that. The shifts are much smoother but appears to take a little longer(?) at the lower rpm range to complete the shift, though once you get into the higher rev range it still has that same visceral jerk. On my 2012 coupe I thought it was too aggressive but I think they've got it dialed in just right now. I didn't notice anything on the display so if there was a change it may have been more subtle. Otherwise the dealer told me there are some changes to the startup with the factory software exhaust upgrade, but not too sure what those were, I'm in CA so we can't get the factory exhaust upgrade here.

I had an aftermarket software upgrade and mine actually felt a bit less aggressive after this latest update, so I'm not sure how it works but it may have wiped my aftermarket upgrade. I'm going to take it back to the installer and get that checked out.

Overall though just for the shifting changes I think it was an improvement from stock.

I got a call about a factory recall/upgrade of tensioner and a couple of other things and when I brought it in they said they just released the software update so I had it done at the same time. Maybe the newer 2014's already came that way?

dj700, which aftermarket exhaust upgrade did you use? Also your build number is the last 4 digits of you VIN.

Just spoke to my Dealership Lamborghini Brand Manager, he's unaware or not familiar with any software and part updates for 2014 cars so he will speak with the service dept on Monday and get back to me. He said that they've done plenty software updates for 2012-2013 cars, but not sure about 2014 cars. I told him that I learned that many of you from here with 2014 cars are getting the updates so I need to know if there an update campaign for my car?

Service dept at STL Motorcars aren't in on Saturdays.

Will keep you guys updated as I learn more.

The campaign is more than just a software upgrade. It includes newly redesigned radiator, because as you know, the Aventador tends to run hot and might overheat under certain conditions. Some of the LP members here has already experienced the overheating problem. Supposedly, the new radiator will fix this overheating issue. It's a big service campaign, 6-8hrs for the radiator replacement (because you have to drain out the coolant fluids and etc) and a new belt is replaced as well (another 5-6hrs), and this requires the rear engine covers to come out, along with the x-brace and the rear shocks. A few hours for the various software upgrades.

I also experienced the "burbles" of my exhaust in the lower rpm. At first, I thought I was just hallucinating because I haven't driven my car in over a week, but I'm glad to hear that others have experienced the same thing. I have the stock exhaust with the valve disconnected, but I have to say, the new engine management makes the exhaust more "characterful" :icon_thumleft:

Overall, I give the new upgrades two thumbs up! It makes a great car even better! I hope Lamborghini is following the foot steps of Mclaren and continue to make improvements on our cars!

dj700, you will need to bring your car back to your aftermarket tuner and get it reflashed. Your old software was erased with this software update and they will need to download your existing firmware and re-write the code from there.

Maybe the newer 2014's already came that way?

I'm trying to figuring this out!

I'll have more info by Monday.

first 15k miles on this car the engine got tired and clutch spongy (2014 aventador) then it got broke in nicely. the car is Totally different when pushed than my 2012 aventador.

did the upgrades last week... then

Did a parade in 110 degree heat and car was awesome idiling and in first gear for hours on end. I will now run it cross country again with no problems and no overheating. much much "cooler car

one thing:

1 - if your car is running for 8 hours or so in real heat (cross country driving etc) you cant shut the ac off (seriously) it stays on and you cant shut it off. that stays that way . I don't love that because I found myself at times hitting 180-200 mph with the ac on when I didn't want to have the ac on... its weird it just doesn't shut off.

my dealer (who I really trust) says that is to cool something in engine or fuel area .. anyway

Off to cross the country in a very very cool manner (cant wait) starting on Friday!!! I will have more "info" on the updates after another 3-4k miles (by mid next week)

Aventador behind me in a car cruise in Miami over the weekend said he was running 3/4's of the way up on the temp gauge, I told him that sounded a bit too hot! He said he was waiting for the new radiators...

Just spoke to my Lambo dealer service Mgr...he said any service recommendations by the factory is pulled up by the service computers by VIN (when the car was made). When he typed my VIN in, the only service update available for my VIN was this software update named "COMBI-SW" update that came out on Friday 8/8/2014. He said is a COMBI-switch but he's not familiar what that software does?

Apparently...those major service software and hardware updates that you guys have mentioned, my built already has them and my car is good!

All updates are pulled up by your VIN. So for those of you are wondering what your car needs...just ask your service dept by your VIN.

You have a 2014 ... And there's a software upgrade ... When was the build date for your car ...

Just curious, with this upgrade, is a 2012 similar to a 2014???

Nope, this software update does not apply to the 2012 cars according to my service advisor, because the 2012 cars does not have the start/stop set up. Weird, I know!

I have the craziest shit happened to me. A few weeks ago I went up to the Palm Beach race track they had head-to-head amateur drag racing.

I never had my car and a quarter-mile track going it's another car and I really wasn't planning on doing it.

When I pulled in to the parking lot about 100 people surrounded the car and were taking pictures. It was the craziest thing I ever experienced with one of my cars, these guys were nuts over it.

I had about 1 million questions and about 1 million pictures taken. So many people asked me if I was going to run on the track and I was kind of talked into it.

My buddy has an old 993 Porsche and he said he would run down the track at the same time.

As we driving over to get, All the people that were taking pictures are now on their way over to the side of the track to watch.

I lined the car up and I put the calling launch mode. I have never launched this car before but I launched my other Aventador a bunch of times.

The lights go to yellow , I put it in 1st, I rev it up like I'm supposed to. The green light comes on I let go of the brake and the car does nothing but rev and my buddy is headed down the track.

One of the most in embarrassing moments of my life!

I kept revving it trying to go in the car to move but it just wasn't going.

I had to shut the car off and restart it and put it in first to drive off the start line. I was mortified! I went down the track with my tail between my legs! I headed straight out the gate not even stopping to see anyone.

Turns out it was a glitch in my software where my ECU you was not talking to the transmission in thrust mode. It's took Lamborghini three days to get the program straight. I just got the car back last week but I still haven't launched yet. I don't think I'll be going back to Palm Beach Speedway anytime soon.

I strongly suggest trying your thrust mode before going on the track!

Just spoke to my Lambo dealer service Mgr...he said any service recommendations by the factory is pulled up by the service computers by VIN (when the car was made). When he typed my VIN in, the only service update available for my VIN was this software update named "COMBI-SW" update that came out on Friday 8/8/2014. He said is a COMBI-switch but he's not familiar what that software does?

Apparently...those major service software and hardware updates that you guys have mentioned, my built already has them and my car is good!

All updates are pulled up by your VIN. So for those of you are wondering what your car needs...just ask your service dept by your VIN.

Combi generally refers to the instrument cluster in German(audi)

Combi generally refers to the instrument cluster in German(audi)

Thank you!

I have the craziest shit happened to me. A few weeks ago I went up to the Palm Beach race track they had head-to-head amateur drag racing.

I never had my car and a quarter-mile track going it's another car and I really wasn't planning on doing it.

When I pulled in to the parking lot about 100 people surrounded the car and were taking pictures. It was the craziest thing I ever experienced with one of my cars, these guys were nuts over it.

I had about 1 million questions and about 1 million pictures taken. So many people asked me if I was going to run on the track and I was kind of talked into it.

My buddy has an old 993 Porsche and he said he would run down the track at the same time.

As we driving over to get, All the people that were taking pictures are now on their way over to the side of the track to watch.

I lined the car up and I put the calling launch mode. I have never launched this car before but I launched my other Aventador a bunch of times.

The lights go to yellow , I put it in 1st, I rev it up like I'm supposed to. The green light comes on I let go of the brake and the car does nothing but rev and my buddy is headed down the track.

One of the most in embarrassing moments of my life!

I kept revving it trying to go in the car to move but it just wasn't going.

I had to shut the car off and restart it and put it in first to drive off the start line. I was mortified! I went down the track with my tail between my legs! I headed straight out the gate not even stopping to see anyone.

Turns out it was a glitch in my software where my ECU you was not talking to the transmission in thrust mode. It's took Lamborghini three days to get the program straight. I just got the car back last week but I still haven't launched yet. I don't think I'll be going back to Palm Beach Speedway anytime soon.

I strongly suggest trying your thrust mode before going on the track!

OMG GINO!!! I can imagine how you felt!! You should've gotten out of your car completely and waived to the crowd! That situation can be terrifying!

first 15k miles on this car the engine got tired and clutch spongy (2014 aventador) then it got broke in nicely. the car is Totally different when pushed than my 2012 aventador.

did the upgrades last week... then

Did a parade in 110 degree heat and car was awesome idiling and in first gear for hours on end. I will now run it cross country again with no problems and no overheating. much much "cooler car

one thing:

1 - if your car is running for 8 hours or so in real heat (cross country driving etc) you cant shut the ac off (seriously) it stays on and you cant shut it off. that stays that way . I don't love that because I found myself at times hitting 180-200 mph with the ac on when I didn't want to have the ac on... its weird it just doesn't shut off.

my dealer (who I really trust) says that is to cool something in engine or fuel area .. anyway

Off to cross the country in a very very cool manner (cant wait) starting on Friday!!! I will have more "info" on the updates after another 3-4k miles (by mid next week)

The a/c stays on when temps hot to keep the fuel cooler working which uses the a/c to keep fuel temps lower.

my vehicle VIN ends in 16xx or 19xx (can't recall exactly now) but my dealer has written to me to make an appointment for the following campaigns:

1. Drivability enhancements with regards to software update.

2. A Belt tensioner upgrade

3. An Air duct replacement

4. Wheel housing rework.

does anyone know what 2, 3 and 4 is about?

I am asking my dealer for some details but no mention of radiator so perhaps mine came with upgraded radiators? Or i wonder if "air duct replacement" has anything to do with addressing overheating issues?

my vehicle VIN ends in 16xx or 19xx (can't recall exactly now) but my dealer has written to me to make an appointment for the following campaigns:

1. Drivability enhancements with regards to software update.

2. A Belt tensioner upgrade

3. An Air duct replacement

4. Wheel housing rework.

does anyone know what 2, 3 and 4 is about?

I am asking my dealer for some details but no mention of radiator so perhaps mine came with upgraded radiators? Or i wonder if "air duct replacement" has anything to do with addressing overheating issues?

The air duct replacement should also include the new radiators. The wheel housing rework is just trimming off a piece of the plastic, so that it doesn't cut into the hose behind the housing.

Just completed 3500 miles in 5-6 days in blistering heat!! Went 13 hours one day without shutting the car off ... Did 180 plus for 28 miles with sheriff permission in south FLA heat! Hit 2-3 hours standstill traffic in nj and in Miami and reves and raced and tore up FLA

Before software update in Vegas (10,000 miles ago) it was always running hot. This 2014 roadster is the shyt it's a NEW CAR with the software upgrade... Traffic with AC blasting for hours and full on driving ... GOD BLESS LAMBO FOR THIS AWESOME UPDATE. We did Miami very .... Very hard and went from NY to the southern tip of USA (key west) and hit Atlanta and sone special destinations all along the way! I love my lamborghini and never want to stop driving it ever single day

post-93516-1408849461_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1408849481_thumb.jpg