Diablo 6.0 Twin Turbo Build

limey

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same name, but thats it, nothing else is even remotely similiar. I only wish it was that simple, what would have been nice is if EFI Technologies would have reprogrammed the stock ECu's, that would have been perfect, but you have no idea how hard i tried and strings i pulled to attempt this, not interested was the response.

Question.....from what you have learned is the reprogramming of the stock ECU beyond what a skilled computer programmer could do???

Question.....from what you have learned is the reprogramming of the stock ECU beyond what a skilled computer programmer could do???

I haven't programmed the EURO12 yet, car is scheduled to go on the Engine Dyno 1st, get base tuned by the engineers that built the system and then we will do the fine tuning on the chassis dyno.

The AUDI circuit uses a positive transition pulse to turn the coil (create HV at the output).

The Marelli circuit uses a negative going pulse to do the same.

The ECU i use converted the signals over to allow use of the AUDI coils and allow use of a MUCH higher output, perfect in all aspects for TT'ing. The plug into the factory harness allows at a later date to offer this a direct replacement and upgrade for factory ECU's and the murcielago as well. I had tossed around the idea of installing the setup on my 6.0 SE 1st, and make some stock programming, but that depends on how soon the headers are to completion and tying up more resources.

Nothing moves fast at these stages, so hang in there with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a heads up to anybody looking to upgrade to a standalone system. The factory ECM does in-fact, have built in coil ignitors. So, if you plan to install a standalone, you will need ignitors. Also, there appears to be no need to communicate with the GFA unit. My standalone is running just fine (after a month and a half of wiring from scratch). Oh.. and I have a couple of factory 6.0 ecm's available for sale :)

A few picture updates. Getting closer, all these are raw finished and will all be either powder coated, polished or? Undecided just yet. So for now here you go. Wait till you see the exhaust outlets, any ideas where we're going t put them :-)

10917539_10205578537441903_1784239712_n.jpg

10904929_10205579227499154_802834676_n__3_.jpg

10904241_10205587200618477_1211575867_n__5_.jpg

10899776_10205579228139170_1335731476_n__2_.jpg

10893859_10205578578442928_1753273380_n__2_.jpg

Wait till you see the exhaust outlets, any ideas where we're going t put them :-)

Straight up through the bonnet? ala 918, etc?

AWESOME!!!! Will you be making the wastegates open-dump on a seperate set of pipes?

Nope, they get plumbed directly into the tail pipes.

Out of the back, in between the tail lights, like this one.

Close, not rectangular like that though as it doesn't blend with round lights theme.

whats going on with the drivers side turbo? it does not look symmetrical to the passenger side

I think it's a few things, the off center engine is messing with the view, and he's not using a reverse rotation turbo on that side so they won't be a perfect mirror of one another.

I think it's a few things, the off center engine is messing with the view, and he's not using a reverse rotation turbo on that side so they won't be a perfect mirror of one another.

Bingo!

99% of all twin turbos are just like ours, in fact I'm pretty sure the only symmetrical turbos are patented by Nelson Racing Engines.

Look at all the TT Murcielagos, I've yet to see a symmetrical one, unless some are purchased direct from NRE.

so if the exhaust exits below and ahead of the wing will it enhance the downforce , due to heated airmass being lower pressure

similar to F1 when they exhausted ahead of rear tires

:eusa_think: