Diablo 6.0 Twin Turbo Build

limey

Offtopic but supposedly the Stig is attending the Italian Stampede.

The world will know in about 6 hours or so when the stampede starts.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting! Were all the pistons and internal parts custom built or did they already make something to those specs?

Yes, Pistons were custom built by JE and rods are by Carillo. The 6.0 comes with Titanium rods, good for HIGH Rev NA, but not so for F.I., so out they come. Not to mention, rods and pistons custom built are still 75% cheaper than OEM stuff from the factory.

Congrats, this should be a very interesting project. I remember your supercharged Diablo and some of the incredible performance numbers it was putting down.

I look forward to more updates.

Indeed, the twin supercharged setup once finished, was the mutts nuts and was one of the fastest cars out there. The instant TQ was addictive, still somewhat wished i had stopped trying to get more power out of it and left it @ the 650 WHP levels as it ran so damn good and was like a well oiled machine. Ah well, thats what happens though when you see and feel these power levels, you always want more.

I sold that kit to Cory Vu a few years back, i think he still has it and never did out on a car.

Yes, Pistons were custom built by JE and rods are by Carillo. The 6.0 comes with Titanium rods, good for HIGH Rev NA, but not so for F.I., so out they come. Not to mention, rods and pistons custom built are still 75% cheaper than OEM stuff from the factory.

Thanks!! I had wondered about the cost compared to OEM. Makes sense though. Looking forward to seeing this come to fruition.

Great build!

Dual GT35R103 turbos are probably going to run out of steam to get to 1200whp unless you're planning on running a lot of boost. Turbo response will be very quick though.

Go with a billet hotside. :monkeyleft:

Bless your soul, its full of horsepower but I'd be careful with juicing the drivetrain up to 1500HP....thats a lot.

A fully built V-12 will have no problem holding 1500HP.....it's the rest of the drivetrain you have to worry about!!!

MOF a well maintained stock block could probably hold it; but I would go doing dead stop pulls!!!

Im all in at this point, im going by what i know and feel, seems only 1 person ever had issues & UGR have posted they never had issues, so not much to go on.

The Turbos im using are going to max out @ 1200 or so, which honestly, should be plenty.

Not much to report this week, will see if the fabricator has any progress to show me.

This is the clutch.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

2.jpg

Best of luck man, lets see how it comes out.

My only thought is, if Peak of all people threw in the towel that says A LOT!

• 3 weeks later...

Should get the Engine management system finished up in a week.

Ended up going with the EURO 12 system, the amazing thing about this setup is that it's eliminating the factory ECUs, yet uses the stock engine wiring harness with a removable plug and play adapter kit.

I doubt any owners in the US have heard of this system, it’s more a European based design used in auto racing applications.

I’ll be able to unplug the stock ECU's (Not a single wire is cut or repaired, everything is unplug and replug ) attach the custom made harness and then install a single ECU that drives both banks. It will have its own built in data logger and a blank connecter to add an additional data logger capable of storing 64mbs of data if the need arises.

The possible benefit to other Diablo owners is that once we create the mappings on the EURO 12, I should in theory be able to install on any 91-99 model and get rid of the factory ECU’s all together, using the factory wire harnesses too. Thus reducing cost significantly and making the engine run on 1 ECU.

As well as creating custom tunes for cars with headers, different fuels and all kinds of other neat benefits. That all aside, I’ll post pictures once I get the setup back from the technician doing the work. (Way beyond my skill level)

As to the exhaust fabricator, nothing to report (Last I heard he was on a cruise)

Good idea on the ecu situation! I'm excited for your 1200hp build, this will be great if it's tuning option is that simple.

1000hp is much different then 1500hp so shooting in the middle sounds reasonable.

Make sure you run r888 tires and don't be afraid to STOP if it feels fast enough, on 1 bar of boost, lol.

Why will it only work on the 91-99 cars if the car you are doing this on is a 2001 6.0?

It was silly for me to mention the 2001 aspect as i figured it was obvious it also worked on the 01 as that is what its going on.

It was silly for me to mention the 2001 aspect as i figured it was obvious it also worked on the 01 as that is what its going on.

That was short sighted of me!

The 1st one is always the most difficult and $$$ as the mappings and all other info has to be inputed. So yes, it would 100% be possible, but not cheap. Cost to do for my 6.0 is just under $12k, but $8k of that is the actual hardware.

Looking @ the MotEc M880 which it compares to, is about the same price hardware wise. I have no idea what Heffner - UGR etc charge for the M880, but i suspect it's way north of $10k

The Gallardo GT series cars actuallY use the EURO 12, So its well sorted, just not used on a Murcielago or Diablo, yet.......

True stand alone aftermarket ECU's are so much easier to work with when dealing with highly modified cars. Dual ECU's for a Lambo at $8k isn't bad, a single ECU for a Subaru is about $2500.

True stand alone aftermarket ECU's are so much easier to work with when dealing with highly modified cars. Dual ECU's for a Lambo at $8k isn't bad, a single ECU for a Subaru is about $2500.

Im only using 1 ECU, we're building a plug and play adapter to eliminate the need to cut and splice wires. There is zero reason to use 2 ECU's not to mention the cost would be $$$