Hell Cat Charger Announced

kinnsella

Out of the two I prefer the challenger. The challenger has the muscle car look to it where this, even with the modifications still just looks like an entry sedan.

And I don't care how fast it is, you wouldn't catch me pushing 200 MPH in any Chrysler product! Lol

2014-Dodge-Viper-Srt.jpg

it will hit the numbers, for ~1/2 the price of the AMG/Ms....

And for ~0/2 the class of the AMG/M's.

IMHO, Viper is one of the greatest cars from USA,

but I just don't see anything great in either of these hellcats.

In the wild these look just so inexpensive, plump and boring.

Power is of course massive but is it enough to justify buying dull looking thing.

Power is of course massive but is it enough to justify buying dull looking thing.

Did you miss the part where it says this is a $60k car? IF it were even available, you'd probably be spending $150,000 for that kind of power in a classy package (with a warranty).

eh, I don't know about that, expensive doesn't bring class... the current AMG/M cars do nothing for me.... the only car to break the mold lately is the i8, finally a car that doesn't look like every other BMW out there....

...but I just don't see anything great in either of these hellcats.

Are you a native Fin? Blue-collar America is a unique demographic. They're willing to pay cash for bragging rights. Even if the only difference is a tiny insignificant badge with an extra letter on it, that's enough. Italian car snobbery comes at you with flash and in-your-face extremism. American car snobbery is framed by look-at-how-sophisticated-I-am for paying $40k more for something that you couldn't possibly understand because only true believers can grasp the Earth-shattering nuances. It's easy to like the Viper, because they said to hell with that, we're making a new car. However, I'd say this snobbery is industry-perpetuated and Detroit is unwilling to take the risk and step out with new ideas (like the Viper) which is one reason why I don't have much love for American iron. Challenger styling I like even less...as sexy as a brick on wheels. If the Viper is a car with a truck engine, the Challenger is a truck with a car engine. WTF?

the challenger is showing 10.8 vs 11.0 charger.

maybe its lighter

Challenger ran 11.2 with stock tires, and 10.8 with DR's.

Charger will be the faster of the 2

Challenger ran 11.2 with stock tires, and 10.8 with DR's.

Charger will be the faster of the 2

why do you think? more weight=more traction?

eh, I don't know about that, expensive doesn't bring class... the current AMG/M cars do nothing for me.... the only car to break the mold lately is the i8, finally a car that doesn't look like every other BMW out there....

:iamwithstupid:

Not a fan of any of the new Benz models other than the S Class, and in that its a class car, not a sports car.

New BMW's are yawn worthy. I literally passed by the new M4 the other day and barely noticed it. Im sure its a good driver, just not a huge fan yet. i have changed my mind over time though a la 458.

If they knock the 300 out of the park, im sure it would be hard to consider a $110,000 E63 over a $65,000 707hp 300 SRT8. Especially given both will lose half their value in 4 years.

Not scientific, but I know an industry guy driving a Hellcat Challenger saying it's a bitch to get it to hook up (street tires). This is my surprised face >> :mellow:

why do you think? more weight=more traction?

Could be weight distribution, could be a difference in suspension, chassis, how the engine sits in the car, could be many different things. It may not be heavier because it has 2 more doors as well-another thing to consider.

As an example-there were tests of the 4 door E92 M3 (Last body style), and they had the 4 door as a slightly quicker car in a couple tests than the 2 door.

Not scientific, but I know an industry guy driving a Hellcat Challenger right now saying it's a bitch to get it to hook up (street tires). This is my surprised face >> :mellow:

Im sure it is a bitch to get it hooked up. First mod would be some liveable DR's or R888's in as wide of a fitment that would fit the stock rim.

I DEMAND everyone starts calling it the HelloKitty It has some strong loyal following, but nobody can see why, and the fans insist "you just don't get it"

Definitely some of the best cars they have ever made. Still shit though.

:iamwithstupid:

I'll buy another GTR over it anyday

American brands have horrible material and build quality.

Are you a native Fin? Blue-collar America is a unique demographic. They're willing to pay cash for bragging rights. Even if the only difference is a tiny insignificant badge with an extra letter on it, that's enough.

Yes I am.

I totally understand, over here bragging rights means buying Prius and clogging the fast lane for whole 20km from work to home trip and creating massive queue while driver polishes that massive eco-credential-dick by driving 10kmh under the limit and letting nobody pass on the motorway. :eusa_wall:

Rest of the people watch what car their neighbors have and try to have similar car but with something extra compared to the rest, but difference is that nobody has much money to put on top so that extra letter must come as cheap as possible.... Keeping up with the joneses type deal...

• 2 weeks later...