Hell Cat Charger Announced

kinnsella

Dodge is quoting impressive numbers with a 0-60 MPH time of just 3.7 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 11 seconds flat on street tires.

quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world?

2015-Dodge-Charger-Hellcat-White-frontlo

Dodge is quoting impressive numbers with a 0-60 MPH time of just 3.7 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 11 seconds flat on street tires.

quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world?

2015-Dodge-Charger-Hellcat-White-frontlow.JPG

When my M3 sedan blows up again....seriously considering one. Had a Dodge Magnum rental years ago really liked how it drove. If it doesn't have an interior designed by lego, maybe a keeper. My kids are getting bigger e90 sedan is getting tight.

I love the Hellcat stuff! The Charger really looks nice. I could see me in one or the Challenger.

Out of the two I prefer the challenger. The challenger has the muscle car look to it where this, even with the modifications still just looks like an entry sedan.

And I don't care how fast it is, you wouldn't catch me pushing 200 MPH in any Chrysler product! Lol

I like the styling and I'm sure it'll be crazy to drive. I doubt it will hit the claimed numbers though. I doubt it will be able to compete with M5s/E63s outside of pure performance either, but it'll probably be less expensive anyway. Saw a photo of one in red and it looked really great.

I like the styling and I'm sure it'll be crazy to drive. I doubt it will hit the claimed numbers though. I doubt it will be able to compete with M5s/E63s outside of pure performance either, but it'll probably be less expensive anyway. Saw a photo of one in red and it looked really great.

I have NO doubt it will be able to hit those numbers. Its a 707hp sedan going through an 8 speed automatic tranny. Intake, pulley, headers, and tune this car should be 825hp-850hp easy. Will be a mid 10 second car with DR's on a 100% stock engine. Should be a high 9/VERY low 10 second car with slicks and $3,000 in mods.

I too am REALLY looking forward to seeing a 300C iteration-you know it has to be coming.

Starting price is $63,000-or about the BASE price of a new M3/M4.

On another note, I feel the US is putting out some of the BEST cars they have ever built. C7 Plastic mess-06, 2014+ GT500, CTS-V, SRT8 Cherokee, Hellcat iterations, New Viper (they ALMOST got right), Camaro Z28/ZL1, etc. Great time to be an auto enthusiast with so much out there!

The challenger will probably be slower and won't hook up. The charger is actually the faster car in the corners and much easier to drive in them. The challenger is almost too short of a wheelbase.. It looks better, but not the better drivers car amazingly.

I got to drive the SRT8 versions on the track and the challenger was faster and much better in the corners..

The challenger will probably be slower and won't hook up. The charger is actually the faster car in the corners and much easier to drive in them. The challenger is almost too short of a wheelbase.. It looks better, but not the better drivers car amazingly.

I got to drive the SRT8 versions on the track and the challenger was faster and much better in the corners..

im not crazy about the charger look, but the challenger with a few mods and 707hp will be a blast IMO

Did you mistype? You contradict yourself.

When my M3 sedan blows up again....

Sad that you even have to type that. The Charger is badass looking and that white on red example looks great. A 300c would be ridiculous:

it will hit the numbers, for ~1/2 the price of the AMG/Ms....

Did you mistype? You contradict yourself.

:iamwithstupid:

It's interesting that the wheelbase would make a noticeable difference in his mind regarding the handling (straight line acceleration I can see).

Normally the longer wheelbase is good for stability, but on bigger cars cuts into the ability for quick turn in.

But if the steering ratio is rather quick, then the longer wheelbase could help out as well.

I was hoping for more aggressive styling on the Charger. I've never been a fan of the styling since its inception, though, it has improved slightly with each iteration. I don't know what I expected from the Hellcat version of it, but as it sits, it just looks like a large Dodge Dart. Even with that, there is certainly no discounting the numbers.