The Architecture thread

capt_chaos

I am looking for some inspiration for a 8 to 10 level residential building design, anyone here can recommend any good architectural websites?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be worth looking at Norman foster's Albion riverside. Mclaren's head office building designer designed the McLaren building as a block of flats. The south side exterior is really interesting and worth checking on bing maps. It is modern and simple at the same time.

One of the penthouses is currently for sale and it looks the absolute business.

I am looking for some inspiration for a 8 to 10 level residential building design, anyone here can recommend any good architectural websites?

Hi Fortis!

This site:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/

This is a very active site and follows construction projects of all sizes and shapes around the world. It is not just Skyscrapers as the title may imply. You will see that you can be very city specific in your searches and find work by every Architect imaginable. Current projects in planning stages, all of the way to completed work. I know it is a big site and may be daunting at first, but I think you will grow to like it as a lot of the projects are photographed during construction by some great amateur photographers and capture details of the work in progress, which may interest you.

The banter between forum members is interesting at times and reinforces how many opinions there are in the field of architecture. Everyone is a critic.

• 4 weeks later...

Idea is funny and funky on idea level but I could not stand that looking interior in my house for a second nor knowing that I breath same I that has came from the pipes.

Idea is funny and funky on idea level but I could not stand that looking interior in my house for a second nor knowing that I breath same I that has came from the pipes.

Yeah you got to be crazy to be doing that :icon_mrgreen:

image.jpg

Love it. Could not watch tv in my underwear but I really like it.

It should be built on the edge of a cliff overlooking something like this, my absolute dream!

image.jpg

I live in a new area and houses are rising left and right every day. People build these glass boxes which I really love, but they dont understand that having floor to roof windows around the house are very bad when you have walkways, roads, and neighbors in very close proximity. At winter time Finland is very dark place, and having your interior lights on everybody can see everything you do and everything you have. For me it's big plus because I am curious and pervy person and i like to see my neighbors interiors and occasional (nonmale) nudity. :D

Yeah you got to be crazy to be doing that :icon_mrgreen:

I know man, and I was half expecting for that response. :D But there are *slight* differences.

• 1 month later...

For me the new, old and industrial combo doesn't work, they missed the mark on that, the metal rafters are too vulgar in that setting.

I love the very well established landscape, the trees in particular.

Nobody does "industrial" conversions as well as you guys do, there are some stunning conversions done in UK and they always look right, I guess because the history is there, I've seen some incredible barn and old industrial building conversions.

It should be built on the edge of a cliff overlooking something like this, my absolute dream!

Fortis, just curious but where is that located?

For me the new, old and industrial combo doesn't work, they missed the mark on that, the metal rafters are too vulgar in that setting.

Nobody does "industrial" conversions as well as you guys do, there are some stunning conversions done in UK and they always look right, I guess because the history is there, I've seen some incredible barn and old industrial building conversions.

One thing I've read is popular in the U.K. is to take traditional architecture homes and give them a completely contemporary ("Fortis-style") interior.

I read this as "the acupuncture thread" and went:

Yp7mBTO.gif

Fortis, just curious but where is that located?

not sure Wheels, I think it's Switzerland, stunning isn't it?

In relation to modernizing old building interiors I absolutely LOVE it, I don't think anyone does it as well as the british people do, some of their internal architectural work is simply amazing.

I would love an old renovated barn full of exotics :eusa_dance:

That house I posted is in France. I know what you are saying with the beams and thought that when I first saw that place but it grows on you. For me it shows a boundary over what is old and what is new.

That house I posted is in France. I know what you are saying with the beams and thought that when I first saw that place but it grows on you. For me it shows a boundary over what is old and what is new.

For me it needs to be a lot more defined.

This is a new build but it kind of shows what I am trying to convey.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is also neatly done.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love how ingenuous some people are when designing in a conservation area, this is quite a good example.

http://www.trendir.com/house-design/victor...-extension.html

I have seen this house in real. 90% sure that it's in the Central district of Hiroshima

From the outside? What did you think of it? I like the way light filters through the glass bricks and the feeling of being shielded but at the same time connected with the outside, very clever use of materials.