The Architecture thread

capt_chaos

How about a nice loungy ottoman on that roof but otherwise Damn, I hope you make it come true. Not to go wheeling on you but does 'clean' design have to imply rectangles? Would be cool to see minimal clean and yet not boxy.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a nice loungy ottoman on that roof but otherwise Damn, I hope you make it come true. Not to go wheeling on you but does 'clean' design have to imply rectangles? Would be cool to see minimal clean and yet not boxy.

For me it doesn't necessarily have to be rectangular, I like organic shapes but they are much harder to achieve due to the type of construction materials and skilled labour readily available.

Minimalism is quite complicated and very hard to build, everything is on display, if things aren't finished and/or aligned properly they will stick out and ruin the whole space, it looks simple but it isn't.

It's not like you can slap a huge chunk of plaster cornice in the corners so you can cover your screwups :icon_mrgreen:

By myself I could live in a place like that without any problems but I don't think it would be practical to live in a "sterile" box like that with a bunch of kids running around, it would be more of a retreat where I could go wind down, being in an empty elegant clean space really relaxes me.

Something along those lines but in a different location (top of a mountain overlooking a massive valley) different furnishings.

http://www.dezeen.com/2013/08/15/white-cav...oto-architects/

post-7524-1438990954.jpg

post-7524-1438990965.jpg

post-7524-1438990974.jpg

post-7524-1438990983_thumb.jpg

Did you fall into a garbage dump or something while young? :D :P

Did you fall into a garbage dump or something while young? :D :P

Ok, you have to explain this to me because I have no idea what you are implying.

Ok, you have to explain this to me because I have no idea what you are implying.

It was meant in jest, however in other words, did you have an experience of coming into contact with something super filthy thus traumatizing you into only desiring the most white, super-clean environment to live in.

It was meant in jest, however in other words, did you have an experience of coming into contact with something super filthy thus traumatizing you into only desiring the most white, super-clean environment to live in.

Are you serious? Likes and desires aren't generated by traumas, I could give you a million examples but it's not worth it.

Do you have to be traumatized by something filthy in order to like something clean?

Also you are missing the point I am talking about clean in relation to the simplicity of the lines and uncluttered in the same context because furniture and other items can be removed.

That's not to say that I like filthy places because I don't, I'd like to think that us as humans evolved to an extent where we shouldn't accept living in our own filth but I've seen my share of disgusting places to make me realize that we aren't all on the same page, also it seems that those who enjoy their habitat clean are considered to have experienced some traumas in their lives.

Are you serious? Likes and desires aren't generated by traumas, I could give you a million examples but it's not worth it.

Do you have to be traumatized by something filthy in order to like something clean?

Also you are missing the point I am talking about clean in relation to the simplicity of the lines and uncluttered in the same context because furniture and other items can be removed.

That's not to say that I like filthy places because I don't, I'd like to think that us as humans evolved to an extent where we shouldn't accept living in our own filth but I've seen my share of disgusting places to make me realize that we aren't all on the same page, also it seems that those who enjoy their habitat clean are considered to have experienced some traumas in their lives.

Fortis cool down, I WAS JOKING. Of course one doesn't need to have experienced trauma in their life to like something or dislike something and nothing wrong with your architectural preferences. Some people like more "stuff" in the interior, others like it more clean and simple, it is just a matter of taste.

It is beyond cute or unique at this point. It is just annoying. They banned Dick Simmons for less.

:rant::tyson: Well I am sorry you seem to think I am an act, I am not.

Wheels, we are not going to discuss you and your freakshow sideshow character in EVERY fcuking THREAD.

Final warning.

Cease this excessive fuckwittery and shitting up every thread you post in. You have your own dedicated section of the forum to discuss all YOU need to.

Anymore and the min ban will be 9 months because it is beyond the joke now.

Wheels, we are not going to discuss you and your freakshow sideshow character in EVERY fcuking THREAD.

Final warning.

Cease this excessive fuckwittery and shitting up every thread you post in. You have your own dedicated section of the forum to discuss all YOU need to.

Anymore and the min ban will be 9 months because it is beyond the joke now.

Well I am sorry, but I wasn't meaning to mess up the thread at all, I was responding to what I thought was Fortis's being offended by what I had said.

Well I am sorry, but I wasn't meaning to mess up the thread at all, I was responding to what I thought was Fortis's being offended by what I had said.

I wasn't offended, I just didn't understand what you were implying, once you explained I didn't really know what to believe, if you genuinely believe that to be the cause of my preference for clean spaces, you were telling me you were joking but you asked the same thing twice, once again I wasn't offended just surprised, you asked me to calm down and I posted a meme as a joke in response.

As I said before state and stick with your own likes and dislikes rather than trying to contradict and overanalyze those who don't share the same view, a jab here and there is more than welcome because it makes for an entertaining conversation but pages of relentless defense of your points are very tiring, just take it easy and enjoy.

On a separate note because I think this has to be said.

To those who think we are bullying Wheels I'd like to assure you that we aren't, far from it, there is a lot of history here that you might or might not be aware of.

Majority of us are very patient and accommodating, yes at times he gets told off by the odd member with less patience threshold but that's not the norm, many efforts were made to make him welcome and help him fit in, those efforts are still continuing, he got his own section on LP where he can post whatever he wants without scrutiny (show me another member who enjoys that), at some point his text quantity was restricted to help him focus what he wanted to convey, behind the scenes many are very protective of him but sometimes he goes a bit overboard steps on toes and finds himself in a bit of trouble with the mods.

Wheels bring to this thread your architectural likes nothing else, we can all comment and display our likes and dislikes in a friendly manner and it will be entertaining I can assure you of that because that's the LP spirit.

Hey Fortis!

What do you think about this place?

http://studio9one2.com/ettley-residence/

This is close by my house, and I love love love this place.

That looks very good, I looked at some of the details and the work, at least in the photos, is spot on.

Few negatives, the use of wood, I like it but maintenance will be a nightmare, also lack of privacy from the street, having said that the overall package is great.

Hey Fortis!

That place looks spectacular. I'll have to echo Fortis' comments also. Wood looks fantastic but the maintenance is a PITA. but composites could take care of that. And I Don't know what sort of windows treatments toy could use for privacy :/ but overall it's a stunning building.

Not everyone is fine with sleeping in a rotten mattress... :icon_mrgreen:

Hey Fortis!

that looks very nice.

must've been really confusing to construct that..

1299418_6.jpg

1299418_18.jpg

just curious why would anyone go thru all that work to build something but can't fit the lights in order? I have a friend's house with the same thing..the ceiling lights were all over the place. Almost seemed like you blind fold someone and ask him to point at the ceiling randomly and that's where they'll fit the lights.

That place looks spectacular. I'll have to echo Fortis' comments also. Wood looks fantastic but the maintenance is a PITA. but composites could take care of that. And I Don't know what sort of windows treatments toy could use for privacy :/ but overall it's a stunning building.

They could use landscaping as screening but I am sure the house has some amazing views which they are trying not to obstruct.

I was thinking the same, composite, or they could've used modwood.

just curious why would anyone go thru all that work to build something but can't fit the lights in order? I have a friend's house with the same thing..the ceiling lights were all over the place. Almost seemed like you blind fold someone and ask him to point at the ceiling randomly and that's where they'll fit the lights.

Generally lights get fitted above sections or things you want lit up on the ground for various reason, in ceiling symmetry isn't always what you are after unless you are trying to evenly spread the light, I know it suck if you are OCD :icon_mrgreen: