Can a independent shop change a clucth on a Gallardo?

GQ IMAGE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that you find it so offensive when someone says something that YOU do not like given what you have said about so many people (myself included). I realize that you think I don't know; but I do.

If you didn't do it, great. If you did, then shame on you.

Just relaying information that came from Lamborghini Ohio years ago; don't see why they would lie about it.

Interesting that you find it so offensive when someone says something that YOU do not like given what you have said about so many people (myself included). I realize that you think I don't know; but I do.

If you didn't do it, great. If you did, then shame on you.

Just relaying information that came from Lamborghini Ohio years ago; don't see why they would lie about it.

Well, for the same reason that you would lie, to get car owners to bring cars to you.

pretty sad dave........george

Well, for the same reason that you would lie, to get car owners to bring cars to you.

pretty sad dave........george

We can do and have done service. It's not our main business. So no motivation to lie. Just sharing information that certainly seemed to be reliable. I'm still unsure why they would have lied given that the information was unsolicited and an opinion about you was never asked.

And I truly hope it is wrong; for your sake and your customer's. Along with so many other things. Kudos to you on your business. If you did do it in the past, here's to you NOT doing it in the future. No customer deserves that and the money isn't worth it for reasons you already stated.

We won't get into sad George.....

First time ive heard anyone complain about Evans to be honest. Most feedback ive heard has been nothing but positive.

:iamwithstupid:

I don't think you get lots of out of state customers without a really good reputation.

Bad form to make a seemingly factual statement based on second hand knowledge.

Especially when trying to sway people towards your business. Talking shit about competition on second hand information only makes your own shop look bad and makes one question the integrity of your establishment. I remember hearing the frame cut story but thought that was a shop in NJ or somewhere around there that may not even be in business anymore.

If it isn't true then shame on the employees who said it because it was stated as absolute fact from "seeing it first hand."

For the sake of being expeditious, we'll just leave the issue at that.

Ok, now for my commentary... I am an Evans customer, and car buddy of Wiggins from doing many car events together... I like both parties. And I would venture to say that anyone on here spending time with either party would like them as well.

I believe that the employee at the lambo dealer said those things to Dave and he is not a liar. But I have also been an Evans customer since 2005, and in that time my experience with Evans has been good, and I have never witnessed any cutting of corners. The only criticism I can offer about Evans is the same every customer says about any shop, speed... I want my projects done faster! Is Evans perfect? No. Do I agree with Evans on everything? No. Is Evans a great shop? Yes.

Regarding the shop on the east coast that cut the Diablo frame, the shop did that at request of the customer years ago... guess the customer isnt always right because that left one heck of a black eye on the shop!

Ok, now for my commentary... I am an Evans customer, and car buddy of Wiggins from doing many car events together... I like both parties. And I would venture to say that anyone on here spending time with either party would like them as well.

I believe that the employee at the lambo dealer said those things to Dave and he is not a liar. But I have also been an Evans customer since 2005, and in that time my experience with Evans has been good, and I have never witnessed any cutting of corners. The only criticism I can offer about Evans is the same every customer says about any shop, speed... I want my projects done faster! Is Evans perfect? No. Do I agree with Evans on everything? No. Is Evans a great shop? Yes.

Regarding the shop on the east coast that cut the Diablo frame, the shop did that at request of the customer years ago... guess the customer isnt always right because that left one heck of a black eye on the shop!

:icon_thumleft:

If it isn't true then shame on the employees who said it because it was stated as absolute fact from "seeing it first hand."

Considering the stated source of the alegations, I called Greg Nelson this afternoon.

I am sure that most of you know that he is the ex owner of "Old Lamborghini Ohio"

Greg is still selling cars in Marysville under the name of Nelson Auto Group, 614-793-0000.

I have been friends with Greg for over 30 years, he is a good honest guy.

Greg said that neither him or his employes made any statments of any kind regarding any of our work.

Greg also said that he did not recall "fixing any of our work"

While Lamborghini Ohio was operating, we never sent any cars to them for repair.

I do not know of any cars that they would have worked on to fix our repairs.

george evans, Evans Automotive

Back on topic. Yes inependent's can do e-gear clutch replacement if they have a LARA computer.

You do need the LARA to setup and bleed clutch on the e-gear.

We do have a factory purchased LARA with all current updates/supscription/portal access.

There are only a few independents that have a Lara and there is only a very few like us that have current access to the factory portal for Lara updates and service information. The Lara has to be updated often to operate properly or it is limited to what it can do.

At this time, I am not aware of any other independent shops in Ohio, other then us, that have a Lara with Lamborghini portal access.

Back on topic. Yes inependent's can do e-gear clutch replacement if they have a LARA computer.

We do have a factory purchased LARA with all current updates/supscription/portal access.

There are only a few independents that have a Lara and there is only a very few like us that have current access to the factory portal for Lara updates and service information. The Lara has to be updated often to operate properly or it is limited to what it can do.

At this time, I am not aware of any other independent shops in Ohio, other then us, that have a Lara with Lamborghini portal access.

We've had the LARA with portal and all updates going on 3 years now. We have the only two ships in Ohio with such equipment.

Is bleeding the clutch necessary? I was told by a Lambo tech that used to work at Lambo of Chicago that for my LP640 Egear clutch can be changed without LARA but without the LARA you cant reset the system to know accurate wear of the clutch in the future that it would be close but not accurate as if it was reset. Is this correct?

Wiggs.. you are amazing.. A supposedly reputable shop like yourself making slanderous remarks against another business without any validation all the while attempting to pitch a customer. On top of that you are not a sponsor here, even though the last time you cried wolf how the check was in the mail.

News flash. I would rather have George cut the frame on my Lambo, then send my car to you to have my tire presures checked.

Is bleeding the clutch necessary? I was told by a Lambo tech that used to work at Lambo of Chicago that for my LP640 Egear clutch can be changed without LARA but without the LARA you cant reset the system to know accurate wear of the clutch in the future that it would be close but not accurate as if it was reset. Is this correct?

We recomend the replacement of the release bearing when we replace a clutch. You do need to bleed the system when doing this. You are correct – without the LARA you cannot reset the system, and you cannot set up the PIS. We have had gallardos come in with failing release bearings that people had previously replaced clutches and not replaced the bearing.

post-8882-1419441589_thumb.jpg

We recomend the replacement of the release bearing when we replace a clutch. You do need to bleed the system when doing this. You are correct – without the LARA you cannot reset the system, and you cannot set up the PIS. We have had gallardos come in with failing release bearings that people had previously replaced clutches and not replaced the bearing.

Thank you for the quick reply. When you say "release bearing" do you mean the pilot bearing or is that something different? I have heard from a few that the pilot bearing should be changed every other clutch change? Would you agree or drop the extra coin and change every single clutch change?

Some pics of how Evans does things. Ill agree with Andrew that their biggest issue is time. I made the mistake of telling them to take their time. Other than that, no one I would trust more than George with my cars.

countach_allan133650.JPG

countach_allan133649.JPG

countach_allan133645.JPG

Wiggs.. you are amazing.. A supposedly reputable shop like yourself making slanderous remarks against another business without any validation all the while attempting to pitch a customer. On top of that you are not a sponsor here, even though the last time you cried wolf how the check was in the mail.

News flash. I would rather have George cut the frame on my Lambo, then send my car to you to have my tire presures checked.

:lol2:

No shop made any remark. I, as an individual, repeated what I believe(d) to be accurate information (information that at least one other member has stated he has heard so obviously someone is out there telling people this) to another individual. I, as an individual, stated to another individual that IF any help was needed, we would be happy to help. I have repeatedly stated I hope it's false but sharing information that is believed to be highly credible for the sake of helping out another owner is hardly new here.

And the check thing was a joke because of how you made it seem like a Dyno graph was somehow 'pitching' a customer and required sponsorship.

It's your money, have whomever you want cut or check whatever you want. No one has a gun to your head. :lol2:

Wiggs, you, as the owner of a shop are always viewed as a representative of said shop. Anything you say or do is a reflection of that, and badmouthing another shop, especially when it's hearsay, is really bad form.

Wiggs, you, as the owner of a shop are always viewed as a representative of said shop. Anything you say or do is a reflection of that, and badmouthing another shop, especially when it's hearsay, is really bad form.

I guess I can see that. I always view that separately on a forum but fair enough.

It's entirely possible that the information I was given is/was false and I'm more than willing to apologize if it in fact is. I don't want misinformation out there. I believe(d) the source to be credible and without motive for lying and hearing it repeated elsewhere only strengthened that belief. I did not bring to light all of the other numerous things I have heard as they are from sources who could be viewed as bias and as such, not worth repeating without independent verification.

Anyways, glad the guy got the info he needed. That's what's important!

For the sake of being expeditious, we'll just leave the issue at that.

No, shame on you for stating it as fact when you have zero first hand knowledge if it is fact or not... Classless

No, shame on you for stating it as fact when you have zero first hand knowledge if it is fact or not... Classless

If that's your necessary condition for class, shame on essentially on the entire internet, this forum included. :lol2: