Murci sale prices

JanDaMan

Is there a good resource that indicates sale prices of Murci? Looked at NADA, but the prices shown seem to be low. For instance an average 2007 coupe shows up as about $150K. I figure "average" may be something like nice condition, maybe around 15,000 miles or so. I was thinking sale price on a 2007 15,000 mile car would be around $185K or so. Maybe I am off and NADA is about right?

Nada is not correct on the Lambo's and the values fluxuate. It's hard to get a real idea of values without knowing real buy numbers and since the cars aren't exactly common there isn't a lot of sales Data.

Nada is not correct on the Lambo's and the values fluxuate. It's hard to get a real idea of values without knowing real buy numbers and since the cars aren't exactly common there isn't a lot of sales Data.

Not sure if he would divulge the information but Roy of Cats Exotic probably has one of the best handles on Murci prices.

Lots of variables to consider. Buyers of exotics are obviously pickier about colors and options than people buying normal cars. That means that it is easier for people to justify spending 10-20% more for a car that they truly love so aggregated price indexes become less valid.

I think that the numbers for average cars are generally

$180k for an 07

$200k for an 08

$220k for an 09

Each number would be +/- 10% based on condition, options, preferences, etc.

You could boil it down a bit further and say things like:

Good colors add $10-20k (Monterey Blue, Telesto, Verde Ithaca, Rosso Vik, Arancio Atlas, Oro Elios/Adonis, Matte Colors, etc.)

CCBs add $5k on 07-08s

Stick is worth $10-20k

Interior Carbon adds $3-5k

Roadster is worth around $10k extra

At the end of the day, there are 4,099 cars. Up to 30% year to year came to the US. This represents 30% of the model run (3/10 years) so you are talking about less than 400 cars. They are too unique to say that any are worth a specific number based on a year and mileage criteria. They have expensive service and repair items so that has to weigh heavily.

You are not wrong to start from a number but it is also never wrong to pay above what might be considered a market value for a car that you really like.

Happy searching

-Ed

Lots of variables to consider. Buyers of exotics are obviously pickier about colors and options than people buying normal cars. That means that it is easier for people to justify spending 10-20% more for a car that they truly love so aggregated price indexes become less valid.

$180k for an 07

$200k for an 08

$220k for an 09

Good colors add $10-20k (Monterey Blue, Telesto, Verde Ithaca, Rosso Vik, Arancio Atlas, Oro Elios/Adonis, Matte Colors, etc.)

CCBs add $5k on 07-08s

Stick is worth $10-20k

At the end of the day, there are 4,099 cars. Up to 30% year to year came to the US. This represents 30% of the model run (3/10 years) so you are talking about less than 400 cars. They are too unique to say that any are worth a specific number based on a year and mileage criteria. They have expensive service and repair items so that has to weigh heavily.

You are not wrong to start from a number but it is also never wrong to pay above what might be considered a market value for a car that you really like.

Happy searching

-Ed

Thanks for the analysis, and the 07 - 09 numbers. That's about what I was thinking. I wonder why NADA is so much lower.

• 9 months later...

$180k for an 07

$200k for an 08

$220k for an 09

CCBs add $5k on 07-08s

Stick is worth $10-20k

Happy searching

-Ed

Interesting to see how market has changed, specifically with the uptick in manual prices...

Manual Murcies are going up. Seems others like the same appeal we all do. Last full on manual NA v12 Lambo. I love my gated shifter!

And they are a 6 speed, not a 5 speed like the diablo's.

And they are a 6 speed, not a 5 speed like the diablo's.

I have both. 6 in my Murcie roadster and 5 in my 6 litre. There are advantages to both. I find 6 gear manuals less frenetic and a tad more civilised. With 5 speed the ratios are taller so you are on it for longer especially going up the box at full beans. Which is good if you are in that mood.

Love them both.

Not sure about Mr Eds arithmetic. I am surprised it is as low as 30% but assuming that percentage is correct then I make 30% of 4099 cars equal to just over 1200 delivered to the USA.

Stick is worth $10-20k

I'm surprised you valued a 6-speed at such a low premium. I paid $100K more for my car compared to an e-gear with similar miles because of the color and the fact that it's a 6-speed. Or maybe you're just a great salesman and got a high premium from me lol. But in all honesty I was willing to pay more which goes to prove your point that the right buyer will justify spending more if the desired options are checked off.

One of the higher markups for options that I didn't see mentioned above is for the models with the carbon ceramic brakes upgrade. The better-equipped cars with those brakes are in the higher price range.

Every time I evaluate available cars and their asking prices, the lower-priced ones never have the upgraded brakes.

One of the higher markups for options that I didn't see mentioned above is for the models with the carbon ceramic brakes upgrade. The better-equipped cars with those brakes are in the higher price range.

Every time I evaluate available cars and their asking prices, the lower-priced ones never have the upgraded brakes.

CCBs = carbon ceramic brakes. Ed put a 5K premium on those which seems right

For me the carbon ceramic brakes are a negative. They are so much more to replace and I don't track my cars so their benefit of not fading is never used. For the streets, I much prefer the non upgraded brakes.

For me the carbon ceramic brakes are a negative. They are so much more to replace and I don't track my cars so their benefit of not fading is never used. For the streets, I much prefer the non upgraded brakes.

They also last a LOT longer then steel brakes (way more then you probably would put on your murci) and they don't create brake dust like steal brakes.....

I'm surprised you valued a 6-speed at such a low premium. I paid $100K more for my car compared to an e-gear with similar miles because of the color and the fact that it's a 6-speed. Or maybe you're just a great salesman and got a high premium from me lol. But in all honesty I was willing to pay more which goes to prove your point that the right buyer will justify spending more if the desired options are checked off.

Keep in mind, Mr. Ed's algorithm was posted at the end of 2014. The market has changed significantly in the last 6 months. I think you are correct in today's market that a manual LP640 commands $100k over E gear.

They also last a LOT longer then steel brakes (way more then you probably would put on your murci) and they don't create brake dust like steal brakes.....

True on both points, my front brakes were done right before I bought the car. I know the carbon ceramic brakes also stop better, but like I said originally, for me personally the carbon ceramic brakes are a negative on a murcie. The brake dust isn't that bad and I can replace my steel brakes several times over before it is even equal to the price of the carbon ceramics. However, that is just my opinion, I can see the other viewpoint as well.

Keep in mind, Mr. Ed's algorithm was posted at the end of 2014. The market has changed significantly in the last 6 months. I think you are correct in today's market that a manual LP640 commands $100k over E gear.

Correct.

True on both points, my front brakes were done right before I bought the car. I know the carbon ceramic brakes also stop better, but like I said originally, for me personally the carbon ceramic brakes are a negative on a murcie. The brake dust isn't that bad and I can replace my steel brakes several times over before it is even equal to the price of the carbon ceramics. However, that is just my opinion, I can see the other viewpoint as well.

I respectfully disagree, the carbon brakes are amazing and will most likely last for 50K+ miles, I've never driven a car with this stopping power, they are worth it!

I didn't realize this was an old thread. Sorry Ed.

This.

I respectfully disagree, the carbon brakes are amazing and will most likely last for 50K+ miles, I've never driven a car with this stopping power, they are worth it!

Exactly!

+1

:iamwithstupid:

Unsprung weight, last forever, no brake dust, stop so much better, look a lot better, I can not see a downside other than initial cost outlay if that's a concern because over the life of the product all things are equal IMO.

I didn't realize this was an old thread. Sorry Ed.

No worries. Yes. This was before crazy premiums on all manual cars. I think the $100k number is correct. I know of 8 manual LP transactions this year that reflect at least that.

Dear LP,

I've just picked up for the second time another rare 2009 LP640 6sp Manual this time a roadster in very rare Verde Draco (I'll post on a separate thread)

In Australia the market is smaller and we drive RHD but the LP640 and 670 in 2015 has gone up significantly in value. I sold my 2006 coupe 6sp in March 2014 which was probably the bottom of the market as the car has since resold for more than 10% than what I sold with alot more mileage.

I'd be interested to hear how many manual roadsters were made based on the 900 production numbers around 45? based on the 5% methodology. And in verde draco I think my car maybe the only one, all other ones I've seen have been in coupes.

Regarding CCB's I'd so pay US$10K for the CCB's, my new roadster doesnt have them and rear pads are gone and the brake dust OMG!! Brake feel there is a difference but the stopping power can't beat the CCB's with its bigger rear calipers and rotors on top of the ceramics.

With my car being RHD my car's value is more influenced whats happening in UK and asia and at this stage manuals arent showing the strong premium that US cars are showing at this stage.

Dear LP,

I've just picked up for the second time another rare 2009 LP640 6sp Manual this time a roadster in very rare Verde Draco (I'll post on a separate thread)

In Australia the market is smaller and we drive RHD but the LP640 and 670 in 2015 has gone up significantly in value. I sold my 2006 coupe 6sp in March 2014 which was probably the bottom of the market as the car has since resold for more than 10% than what I sold with alot more mileage.

I'd be interested to hear how many manual roadsters were made based on the 900 production numbers around 45? based on the 5% methodology. And in verde draco I think my car maybe the only one, all other ones I've seen have been in coupes.

Regarding CCB's I'd so pay US$10K for the CCB's, my new roadster doesnt have them and rear pads are gone and the brake dust OMG!! Brake feel there is a difference but the stopping power can't beat the CCB's with its bigger rear calipers and rotors on top of the ceramics.

With my car being RHD my car's value is more influenced whats happening in UK and asia and at this stage manuals arent showing the strong premium that US cars are showing at this stage.

Congrats! Verde Draco is my favorite Lambo color. The original manual 07 LP640 UK Press Car in Verde Draco is one I have loved since I first saw it.