Looking to buy a Diablo

Jbarbakow

LOL.....a publication called "This Money" obviously is in tune with the Diablo market. OK, they list a price of 80k pounds for Diablos from 1990-2001. Sure, I'll take every SE, 6.0, and '99 roadster they can find for $120k (current exchange rates). They use a roadster as an example in the photo so you can't claim they are just talking about ragged-out '91s.

Exactly, I am not CLAIMING anything about one model...not spinning anything.

"This IS Money" is a highly respected publication and ranked the number one financial publication in the U.K.

What are not getting about AVERAGE total market??

Ok, you have your OPINION, I have mine...and so do others. Time will tell.

Go ahead and have the last word, I have stated my opinion :icon_thumleft:

Wow! I don't know why this is such a discussion. They are what they are. If you can find a good Diablo for what you determine is reasonable then buy it. I've never seen a car price so over analyzed. If you think they're too expensive and will go down in value then don't buy one and wait. Either your right or in 2 years you'll be kicking yourself. I had a chance to buy a Countach for 75 8 years ago, an F40 for 220 10 years ago and an offer to buy a 4.0rs for 160 when new. None of these cars will ever be there again. Not sure how everyone figures a product no longer in production yet highly desirable will go down in value. Vintage pateks and artwork don't go down. Also keep in mind that despite the weird economy there are a lot of wealthy ppl, and that it's one of Marcello Gandinis last art works.

like swift says haters gotta hate. Dunno why you guys are getting so worked up over this. Chipster asked me to quantify my pov and i did. Seriously let it go. If you dont agree with my opinion thats fine. But instead of making lame comments like the above whey dont YOU provide an INTELLIGENT rebuttal as to why you disagree.

Either way lets all just move on. Come next winter well see where the market is and someone will be eating crow.

Actually everyone has been respectful except you. People can disagree and still have a conversation without insulting. First and last warning before time-out.

UMMMM, Funny I was just thinking YOU are the only one that is thinking or saying prices will fall. But you single handedly might be able to keep wishing the market down. As you said, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I see. So let's recap. I started by saying I was looking to buy a roadster at a fair price. A couple people told me that I was being unrealistic that prices would drop And asked me to explain my pov which I did. The Im told I'm being absurd and get remarks like the one above and you have the gall to single me out as being disrespectful.

It's always the same on these forums. Some one new comes on who has a different opinion than the mainstream and everyone jumps down their throat. The when they have the audacity to stand up for themselves against senior members a mod jumps in and threatens to ban them.

Ive seen far worse comments made by senior members on these boards but I don't see them being threatened. If you want to ban the new guy because he stood up for standing up for myself then have at it.

I see. So let's recap. I started by saying I was looking to buy a roadster at a fair price. A couple people told me that I was being unrealistic that prices would drop And asked me to explain my pov which I did. The Im told I'm being absurd and get remarks like the one above and you have the gall to single me out as being disrespectful.

It's always the same on these forums. Some one new comes on who has a different opinion than the mainstream and everyone jumps down their throat. The when they have the audacity to stand up for themselves against senior members a mod jumps in and threatens to ban them.

Ive seen far worse comments made by senior members on these boards but I don't see them being threatened. If you want to ban the new guy because he stood up for standing up for myself then have at it.

There is a difference between disagreeing and insulting. If you don't understand the difference I cannot help you. And for the record I have no more idea of who donzikid is than who you are.

OK, I'm curious.....what are you willing to pay for a 10k mile '97-98 or '99?

id be willing to pay between 150-175 depending on the year options etc. which i feel is a fair price in todays market.

There is a difference between disagreeing and insulting. If you don't understand the difference I cannot help you. And for the record I have no more idea of who donzikid is than who you are.

What is perceived as an insult will vary from individual to individual. For instance you said "If you don't understand the difference I cannot help you" . I could easily infer this to mean that your implying im too stupid to distinguish between merely having a difference of opinion vs something being said as an insult.

Now im sure when you typed that up you didn't mean it that way but for someone on the receiving end it could easily be misinterpreted that way. Honestly it did not appear that donzikid even took my response as insulting. He responded with what he felt was factual evidence to support his POV. Donzikid certainly did not respond in the manner of someone who felt he had been insulted.

As far as i can tell no one in this thread seems have taken anything anyone has said as an insult.

But as you seem to think i have been insulting let me just say that if anyone here feels that i insulted them then i apologize.

Coldhammer.....

post-3902-1422886429.jpg

Just kidding man. I think we all want to be right. Hope you find what you're looking for.

P.S. I'm always right

Your in luck, there's a mint Purple roadster in Canada on autotrader.ca its $229 cdn which with the exchange rate would put it in your 175 range.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Dia...amp;orup=1_15_1

Price has gone up on it a few times so worth trying it out

That looks like Rhyno's car without his SV wheels on it...

id be willing to pay between 150-175 depending on the year options etc. which i feel is a fair price in todays market.

Agreed, the window is fair. I know of several recent sales of '97-'97.5 in the $150-160k range, and a local millenium '99 sold for $180k. For $180k, I would even consider putting mine up for sale.

So you can find one in your range.....

Before I bought my blue 98 roadster a few months ago, I went to see the Purple one. The car at the time was $179k for sale for 3 years. The owner and his kids have driven the car, lots, Km went from 10 000k to now almost 20 000k. The car is in OK shape with a few flaws. The most expensive the air bag light is on and this for me was a red flag. Anyway, I liked the car however the owner like most thought it was worth more and after my trip there and a fair offer, raised the price on me as there was some guy listing his for $225k. I am not one to play games and told him to keep it them for another 3 years and bought my Blue Roadster. He still has the car......

Your in luck, there's a mint Purple roadster in Canada on autotrader.ca its $229 cdn which with the exchange rate would put it in your 175 range.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Dia...amp;orup=1_15_1

Price has gone up on it a few times so worth trying it out

Never bought a car from out of the country before. Do you know what would be involved in bringing a car from Canada to the U.S.?

No idea?! But it's done all the time so cant be anything too crazy.... especially on a car older then 15 years old. With the exchange rate being what it is tho it could be an attractive option for US buyers.

That looks like Rhyno's car without his SV wheels on it...

I inquired about this one when I was looking for mine. Its a great car but at the time it was more expensive then the one I found. I'm pretty sure its a one owner car.

Arguing about what values are and aren't.. Shouldnt we leave that to the Ferrarichat guys? FACT..... All these car spend years depreciating, then lifetimes appreciating. The Diablo is coming of age, the Countach is soaring off into the stratosphere, and todays version of the Diablo retails in the 500k range with far greater production numbers. There is no place to go but up.

In the 80s, a Miura was 20k.... A dino could be had for 15k.... I bet people thought they'd never be 100k.. Where are they today? And where do they continue to go?

like swift says haters gotta hate. Dunno why you guys are getting so worked up over this. Chipster asked me to quantify my pov and i did. Seriously let it go. If you dont agree with my opinion thats fine. But instead of making lame comments like the above whey dont YOU provide an INTELLIGENT rebuttal as to why you disagree.

Either way lets all just move on. Come next winter well see where the market is and someone will be eating crow.

What is perceived as an insult will vary from individual to individual. For instance you said "If you don't understand the difference I cannot help you" . I could easily infer this to mean that your implying im too stupid to distinguish between merely having a difference of opinion vs something being said as an insult.

Now im sure when you typed that up you didn't mean it that way but for someone on the receiving end it could easily be misinterpreted that way. Honestly it did not appear that donzikid even took my response as insulting. He responded with what he felt was factual evidence to support his POV. Donzikid certainly did not respond in the manner of someone who felt he had been insulted.

As far as i can tell no one in this thread seems have taken anything anyone has said as an insult.

But as you seem to think i have been insulting let me just say that if anyone here feels that i insulted them then i apologize.

I think you don't understand, this is not a democracy. Instead of letting it go, this is the third time I've had to come back and babysit your comments. When you respond to someone calling them LAME or UNINTELLIGENT, those are insults. That is different than "I disagree with your point of view, here is why."

You are wasting everyone's time and I suspect trolling for the sake of trolling. See you in a few days.