Wannago Fast Ocala 1/2 event updates

Lambofan35

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will gladly share my experience with you any time. If you ever get close to getting your car there and are on the fence, or what ever... Just send me a PM.

I am in the business, and not easily impressed. With UGR, I was blown away.

Mike

+1

UGR service and follow up has always been great!

Nothing to prove there, way too dangerous!

+1

even the crazy russians have stopped doing the mile race. I think they cut it to 1KM.

I think I would have gone 225+ at the half mile (in Florida) with the E Gear. Cody went 224.xxx last year.

I don't think we got to see Bob's run on kill......

GA DA was 6000 when my car went 219. Spachmans GTR went 199 the day I went 219. He went 207 at the Florida half mile. Shows you how much the air helped.

my car was making 100+whp and torque more than at the GA event

my car was making 100+whp and torque more than at the GA event

How did you get more power out of those turbos? You an alpha 16? lol

How did you get more power out of those turbos? You an alpha 16? lol

Few small tweaks and a new tuner

Same modified alpha12s as the GA event though

Few small tweaks and a new tuner

Same modified alpha12s as the GA event though

Need to take that thing to the 1/4

Need to take that thing to the 1/4

Rob is in the process of buikding me an all new launch sequence and then we are going to hit the drag strip hard

Rob is in the process of buikding me an all new launch sequence and then we are going to hit the drag strip hard

That is what I like to hear!

Nothing to prove there, way too dangerous!

Any thoughts of going to the wind tunnel just up the road from you and seeing about improving the Lambo's aero?

http://a2wt.com/index.html

http://www.aerodynwindtunnel.com/

You've got plenty of power but in the bike world over 200mph+ AERO is king for BIG speeds. Something to think about even though you've still probably got a lot of power left on the table..

Wind tunnel testing looks to be a great idea!

I've seen spoilers reduce speeds by a lot. Example STS Gallardo wing reduces 1/4 mile speed by 5mph on 2 different cars on the minimal setting.

The SL wing on the Gallardo seems to be the standard as everyone has used it during races and still won.

Check this link out on the Lp560 downforce, it has some up front but only lift in the back. Wonder what happens when you lower the car and add the SL wing in the rear <_>

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f152/downforce-anyone-86195/

I took my 6 year kid to this event Sunday and had so much fun, but lets face it, these cars are stupid fast now and i wonder what really is the motive behind it all. They are so fing stupid fast that i explained it to my wife in simple terms that if she imagines starting @ the bottom of our street and driving to the other end, you would be going 230 + MPH, it's madness.

1500 or 2500 RWHP, does it really matter these days other than bragging rights? After all UGR just summed it all up in one of their previous posts "nothing to prove there, too dangerous" goes to say the cars are now just too fast and it's only going to get faster. Not too long before we see cars going 300 MPH in the 1/2 mile.

I took my 6 year kid to this event Sunday and had so much fun, but lets face it, these cars are stupid fast now and i wonder what really is the motive behind it all. They are so fing stupid fast that i explained it to my wife in simple terms that if she imagines starting @ the bottom of our street and driving to the other end, you would be going 230 + MPH, it's madness.

1500 or 2500 RWHP, does it really matter these days other than bragging rights? After all UGR just summed it all up in one of their previous posts "nothing to prove there, too dangerous" goes to say the cars are now just too fast and it's only going to get faster. Not too long before we see cars going 300 MPH in the 1/2 mile.

They can always go to 1/4 mile racing. And if that gets too crazy they can limit it to 1000'. :icon_winkle:

Seriously though, it's hard to fathom how fast these cars have gotten over the last few years, especially considering that 6 or 7 years ago if you were hitting 220 in a mile that was considered godly fast.

Some people are just super competitive. I did it to just tell my buddies I was faster lol. Sounds stupid but true.

They can always go to 1/4 mile racing. And if that gets too crazy they can limit it to 1000'. :icon_winkle:

Seriously though, it's hard to fathom how fast these cars have gotten over the last few years, especially considering that 6 or 7 years ago if you were hitting 220 in a mile that was considered godly fast.

We are almost going as fast in the 1/2 as we did the first time we went to the Texas Mile in 2009. We went 241 on our first ever trip to the mile with around 1400 whp. Then we came back 6 months later and was the first to go 250 mph at the Texas mile with 1475ish whp. I think on a clean surface and concrete we can go over 240 mph in the 1/2. It would have to be good cool conditions like we had in FL I would think...

We are almost going as fast in the 1/2 as we did the first time we went to the Texas Mile in 2009. We went 241 on our first ever trip to the mile with around 1400 whp. Then we came back 6 months later and was the first to go 250 mph at the Texas mile with 1475ish whp. I think on a clean surface and concrete we can go over 240 mph in the 1/2. It would have to be good cool conditions like we had in FL I would think...

I have no doubts that those numbers will be achieved.

Any Plans for some 1/4 mile times? I think with an Ok launch 1.4x and sticky track i could see a 7.9x@190. would be bad ass.

So what was BIG $hit back in 2009, is now just your average run of the mill R Version (Stage 1) ...

These days 35 psi on Import should be all you need to go Alpha 16 hunting on a Saturday night ... Rolling from 60 to 180 mph ...

I say side by side racing from a stop to a finish line however far away it is (quarter, half mile). I would like to know which car is really "faster", not which one lights up a radar gun better. That's just me though. MPH's without an elapsed time doesn't do anything for me. Like they say at the track "mile per hour doesn't win you a race".

So what was BIG $hit back in 2009, is now just your average run of the mill R Version (Stage 1) ...

These days 35 psi on Import should be all you need to go Alpha 16 hunting on a Saturday night ... Rolling from 60 to 180 mph ...

Alpha 16's run 8's which is probably why our TT Lambos/R8's need to go from a roll. Am I the only one a little bothered by this? The "rolling from 60 to 180" has to be mentioned? Actually I'm a lot bothered by it to be honest.