Huracan tested by Top Gear - Spoilers

falconsprint

Lap time of 1:15.8! 4th on the leader board. 650S and Speciale yet to be tested. After all that 'the presenters' were surprised but still panned the car for not being crazy enough. Saying Lamborghini is focusing on sales rather than jaw dropping style.

A great result that will only get better as the Huracan evolves over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_G...Power_Lap_Times

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me that time is really questionable...

1.4s faster than the Aventador, 1.7s faster than the Veryon SS, 2.0s faster than a Gumpert Apollo S...The list goes on. Seems like a they used a "super tricked" Huracan test car to me. No chance that a Huracan is that much faster than a Gumpert Apollo S.

Alot of the times on that board is questionable though, especially the Huayra time wich was a massive cheat.

Anyone else with me?

Of course it might be just that fast, if so outstanding. But it seems a bit fishy if you ask me. Although pretty much all manufacturers have "non stock" test cars nowadays.

1.4s faster than the Aventador, 1.7s faster than the Veryon SS, 2.0s faster than a Gumpert Apollo S...The list goes on. Seems like a they used a "super tricked" Huracan test car to me. No chance that a Huracan is that much faster than a Gumpert Apollo S.

Alot of the times on that board is questionable though, especially the Huayra time wich was a massive cheat.

Anyone else with me?

Nope...

Anyone else with me?

Of course it might be just that fast, if so outstanding. But it seems a bit fishy if you ask me. Although pretty much all manufacturers have "non stock" test cars nowadays.

The car is very fast, I can't wait to see the SL.

I don't doubt that for a second! but 2sec faster than an Apollo S fast?..

Also really looking forward to the SL :icon_thumleft:

Most of this is done for entertainment only, The Huracan is very easy to drive fast perhaps it's harder to extract everything out of the Apollo, who knows? I can't comment on the Apollo S never driven one nor seen one IRL.

I heard the SL will be RWD, my name is down for one :icon_thumleft:

Anyone else with me?

I could see the time happening. I think almost everyone who goes on Top Gear now sets their car up in order to get the best time, not as far as Pagani went but I highly doubt the cars used for the lap times are showroom stock.

I wish they somehow could re-run every car on modern tires too, tire technology has come so far in the last 10 years. I wonder what for instance an Enzo on modern rubber would run today. Probably be just as fast as the Huracan.

In essence, the top gear lap time board doesn't mean much.

Anyone else with me?

Lamborghini, like Ferrari has gotten into the "ringer" game.

Gumpert was rwd, 650hp in most powerful iteration, propably lighter noticeably and with better airo but still on that track 4wd is massive equalizer.

I answered why the Huracan put down that time. The Aventador, Gumpert, and any other car so far on that track did not have tires as sticky as Trofeo R. Aside from the Huayra.

And you saw what happened there.

Does anyone have a link to the video?

:iamwithstupid:

Link to the whole show? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.....

I answered why the Huracan put down that time. The Aventador, Gumpert, and any other car so far on that track did not have tires as sticky as Trofeo R. Aside from the Huayra.

And you saw what happened there.

How much time do you think the Trofeo R's take off? The difference between slicks and PZero Corsas seems to be about 3-4 seconds, based on what the Huayra ran. Do you think the Trofeos take off a second or two? I believe in the Evo P1 test the Trofeo R's were ~2s faster around Anglesey circuit vs PZero Corsas.

I believe the driver was reason for the discrepancies between the lap time. Ben Collins was the Stig before 2011. The Gumpert as well as Bug SS were tested during his tenure as the Stig on Topgear. Aventador, McLaren 12C as well as the Huayra were tested during 2011 after Collins left the role.

How much time do you think the Trofeo R's take off? The difference between slicks and PZero Corsas seems to be about 3-4 seconds, based on what the Huayra ran. Do you think the Trofeos take off a second or two? I believe in the Evo P1 test the Trofeo R's were ~2s faster around Anglesey circuit vs PZero Corsas.

Honestly think it's close to a full second on this track.