Ferrari 488 GTB

Davvemannen

the real pics will be out in 2 weeks, we will see.. (they say P1 look with mesh etc, and I don't see that in the rendering)

price is 350k

I do agree that the 488 will be sick all around!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the 675LT and the 488 GTB will be a sick combo to have in the garage. :eusa_dance:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I gathered few pictures together (not CCI, or wanna-be renderings) of an actual 488 from Maranello's event last night. Any thoughts on comparing February 3rd released renderings to yesterday's real pictures of 488?

488-5_zpsklabs2ig.jpg

488-2_zpsnluuqksa.jpg

488-3_zpst6lne7bn.jpg

488-1_zpssvipkg11.jpg

488-4_zpspp8nqnyo.jpg

Somebody on the net compared flared up Ferrari's fenders to Marlon Brandon's puffed up cotton cheeks from The Godfather's movie.

Pretty funny and accurate...

Doesn't 458 suddenly look exquisite in comparison?

That front end just doesn't mix well with the new rear of the car. These new pics look disappointing, but I'll reserve final judgement when I see it in person.

That front end just doesn't mix well with the new rear of the car. These new pics look disappointing, but I'll reserve final judgement when I see it in person.

Yup, the front end looks like end result of unprotected sex between Gallardo and 458. The parents are beautiful and the child is for adoption.

Even though red is synonymous with Ferrari, launching a red car on a red display platform with red walls was a massive failure on Ferrari's part. Rendering red correctly has always been the weakness of digital cameras, D-SLRs included. Most modern/new cars don't photograph well so that's a double-whammy right there.

Definitely have to wait for seeing the real thing for a final verdict. For now, the Huracan needs not to worry.

And one would thought Ferrari can afford a better display platform for their new model. The carpet is fraying badly. :icon_mrgreen:

Some photoshops from the web and FC

04540540.jpg

Ferrari-488-GTB-by-Tikt-Performance-Part

That's what the hood should have looked like. Perfect. Even better after you add stripes! Still not a fan of the intake vents rear of the doors. Think they could have done a better job with them.

488 owns this segment of the auto industry inmo.. They simply came out and knocked the Huracan and Mclaren the fcuk out..

i heard the car goes in 0-200 Kmh in 1.5 sec less than the huracan...if it is true it is a giant killer

Has more scoops than some pics show in that light.

post-14018-1424438348_thumb.jpg

Cool bonnet!

I think reallife look and/or pics in the open is necessary to determine the looks of this car.

Even though red is synonymous with Ferrari, launching a red car on a red display platform with red walls was a massive failure on Ferrari's part.

This and using red lights on top of that. For vivid colors full color range light is a must. Using very red light on red paint mask it not more red but actually colorless grey. This is same with any color + same color light.

And here is the vid from the event

My own theory is that Ferrari wanted to boost sales of Speciale, that's why they launched 488 :)

And I think they succeeded.

Yup, something looks wrong with the proportions of the front end in the real-life photos. And the whole thing has proportions that seem weird and bulbous. Strange!

From FChat:

754695352b17c02d4dfc35e3077d2cce.jpg

efe594cccc944592dc9b3bebc1feabfb.jpg

2029125d1424391580-488-gtb-458-replacement-f3.jpg

2029127d1424391691-488-gtb-458-replacement-f2.jpg

Looks better in Grey.

I think the Huracan is WAY better styled.

488 looks like a blind person took a knife to the body work.

I think the rear looks great but it looks like it's from another car as others have said, it just doesn't match up somehow in my opinion. I think the vents behind the door ruin what was once upon a time a very good looking car. Over done I feel.

Looks like a tacky tuner's bodykit.

Might be in the minority but I think the 650S is by far the best looking car in the segment. Just needs a more interesting backside, which it looks like the 675 is fixing.

It's going to take more than a couple of bad photos in terrible light to render a decision on the looks of the car.

That's exactly the advise I was given about my ex-wife. Ex...

It would be silly to make a decision on the car based on a really bad set of pictures taken by a very poor photographer. I cant think of a more unflattering set of pictures being taken of any car, you would think it was done on purpose.

Anyway, I believe the car will look sick in the flesh and the performance should be outstanding.

It's going to take more than a couple of bad photos in terrible light to render a decision on the looks of the car.

iamwithstupid:

It would be silly to make a decision on the car based on a really bad set of pictures taken by a very poor photographer. I cant think of a more unflattering set of pictures being taken of any car, you would think it was done on purpose.

Anyway, I believe the car will look sick in the flesh and the performance should be outstanding.

:iamwithstupid: