Liberty Walk Huracan

Destructo

Don't worry about if people disagree with your opinion. It's just as important as anyone's, so own it. :icon_thumleft:

It's my opinion that you're an asshole. :lol2:

Extreme to the max did sell to the order of at least 32 million dollars worth of venenos. I, like you wanted extreme, even from the aventador. I think since Ferrari started kicking Lambos ass in the marketing game, Lambo had to figure out a niche and extreme was no longer it. Maybe they'll be able to do more extreme as they become profitable.

As far as Pagani and and the other boutique makers. Yes they are now what Lambo was in the 1970's-80's. Over priced dream machines.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that Liberty Walk made which seems appealing is fitting a mini-Murci shell on an ATV.

I personally prefer the sharper/more defined lines on the Gallardo/LP5x0 series than the Huracan. That being said, I believe the H was deliberately design to start life on a blank canvas. So much room have been left (likely on purpose) for different iterations/versions/editions of the car. And look closely, there is a lot of homage paid to Lamborghini's of yesteryear. The design is to pave the possibilities to be as broad a possible. Would that make the initial version of the car somewhat less-defined? Perhaps slightly so, but only for the moment. It will evolve and with the 488 entering the ring, the H can and will only get better. The drive, however, is another story. It is now "modern" as it should be whereas the G/5x0 series is a 10-yr-old technology and feels like one. It may be "easier" to drive now but it is, after all, a consumer product to which sales figures dictate. And consider this, if the average Joe can make this car performs, think about the potential in the hands of a good driver. There will always be the old-school skeptics (I, on a few occasions, had walked down that road myself); but over all there is no denying that the H checks most of the right boxes and will be a success.

A_s_Pics__179_.jpg

A_s_Pics__198_.jpg

LW kits will look a hell of a lot better if they were molded. Seen worse kits, like the ones for the Avent, but the rivets just kills it for me.

I don't mean this as a criticism of their strategy, but concentrating too much focus on that strategy can degrade their ability to produce timeless designs, sacrificing a core element of the company's strength. Therefore, they NEED to go batshit crazy on their flagship cars just so we know everything is still right with the world. I felt a little of that [sacrificing timelessness] started creeping into the Murceilago, but the design recovered nicely before it retired. 20 years from now, the artistic side of my gut tells me a Gallardo won't have the same timelessness as the Diablo is showing today entering its twenties. I suppose giving a little bit of core element away is the price to pay in order to hold onto the bulk of it, so it remains to be seen if their nuclear outrageousness reactor can produce enough to account for the inevitable losses.

I personally think it comes down to the age group you belong to (not meaning to imply anything :)), what you grew up with, with few exceptions obviously, I think certain Murci and Gallardo models are a timeless design, I think the Aventador in particular the 50th Anny is possibly if not the best one of the best looking designs Lambo ever produced, my opinion only.

The Lambo which ignited my passion for the brand was the Diablo, Diablo SV to be more precise and it progressed from there.

I knew very little about the early Lambos until I started frequenting LP, Countach for me is a great car to look at simply mental, would I ever buy one? never had the desire, a Diablo SV that's another story but last time I drove one I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoy the smaller V10, this doesn't make the V12 worse, it's only a matter of preference.

You might think the Gallardo isn't a timeless design, mainly because you aren't passionate about it or maybe you had no interest in the car, for me it's on par with the Diablo, I love the car, I think the design lines are still very fresh, that's the reason I like the Huracan, I see it as an evolution a more refined Gallardo.

I am guessing the youth of today will grow to love their contemporary models just as much as we love ours.

As for current Lamborghini, it's subjected to a multitude of factors which weren't at play when they first started building cars, I would like to see them build raw hardcore sports cars as Pagani and other boutique manufacturers do but that's not possible they have a business to run and Gods above.

problem with huracan is the new 488 turbo....this car makes the huracan 5 years old in a second

and not for the look....for its engine and possible cheap performance upgrades.

Liberty-Walk-Lamborghini-Huracan-P-00.jp

Adding exterior rivets??? This would definitely compliment Frankenstein's face.

God damn, what a quick and easy way to mess up a beautiful design.

problem with huracan is the new 488 turbo....this car makes the huracan 5 years old in a second

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!

Liberty-Walk-Lamborghini-Huracan-P-00.jp

Adding exterior rivets??? This would definitely compliment Frankenstein's face.

God damn, what a quick and easy way to mess up a beautiful design.

So safe to say, you prefer the original? :lol2:

The Huracan, on most tracks, doesn't struggle against the 650S, which has similar specs with the upcoming 488, I wouldn't dismiss the NA V10 so quickly, it's a bit of a weapon, we will see how it will fare against the 488 when it will hit the streets but I doubt it won't hold its own.

....for its engine and possible cheap performance upgrades.

1) Ha! Cheap performance upgrades and Ferrari mentioned together! Good luck with that.

2) I think people should recognize that stats are fun but they don't ultimately sell cars. If they did, you wouldn't be able find 650S cars (which will blow away pretty much everything outside of the hypercars) for $60-75k under MSRP asking prices with less than 200 miles.

Id like to know how many people that own these cars (percentage wise) can actually squeeze the added 50hp worth of performance out of the 650s (or soon to be 488) compared to the huracan? Its all semantics anymore.

:iamwithstupid:

Id like to know how many people that own these cars (percentage wise) can actually squeeze the added 50hp worth of performance out of the 650s (or soon to be 488) compared to the huracan? Its all semantics anymore.

Yep, On motorway just keep throttle pinned for additional second or two and all difference is gained back. With very high speed traveling there is limit to what saturation of risk you are willing to take with police and other road users.

On deserted roads you find the threshold of road condition and some mechanical sympathy most of the time to limit what you can push and not being able to drive all the time flat out (see that Huracan driving off road 330kmh to see my point).

On twisty roads everything else than power is more vital. Last summer I had no trouble to keep up easily with less than half the power everyone else was having. I was in a pack of mostly M5's and most of them with supercharger, while I was on top of the game in low power but very light and nimble small z3 coupe. We drove 100km with radar detectors on very demanding roads between forest and rural areas flat out all the time. But not once did the front car get away from me. He did however once bottom out at bump - 180kmh speed and lost his cats with 20meter spray of sparks... I decided to back off a little after that.

Ofcourse on on motorways they fleed like I had just hit reverse, but I would of not had balls to speed on any car anyway. On a motorway that goes just past biggest police station on are and having got my licence back from there only a couple of days earlier.

You think? Shouldn't you add "in your eyes"?

Because in my eyes, as much as I'm trying, I can't shake Ferrari's image as a rich man's Corvette.

And I hate Corvettes. With passion.

To me, the car on the right is a clear winner.

comparo_zpsxoym83fi.jpg

And remember, 488 is a novelty right now which will wear off rather quickly. So far CCI image only. Let's wait till Geneva, then let's wait for the sound of an exhaust.

You think? Shouldn't you add "in your eyes"?

Because in my eyes, as much as I'm trying, I can't shake Ferrari's image as a rich man's Corvette.

And I hate Corvettes. With passion.

To me, the car on the right is a clear winner.

And remember, 488 is a novelty right now which will wear off rather quickly. So far CCI image only. Let's wait till Geneva, then let's wait for the sound of an exhaust.

:lol2:

I have NEVER heard someone say a Ferrari is a "Rich man's Corvette" before. Ever.

What made you come to that conclusion? Is that because a lot of them drive it to pose? Or the chest hair, gold chains, Hawaiian shirts? :lol2:

I wouldn't dismiss the Ferrari as a novelty, their record is pretty decent. And yes, it's all just a matter of taste when it comes to these high-priced appliances.

1) Ha! Cheap performance upgrades and Ferrari mentioned together! Good luck with that.

2) I think people should recognize that stats are fun but they don't ultimately sell cars. If they did, you wouldn't be able find 650S cars (which will blow away pretty much everything outside of the hypercars) for $60-75k under MSRP asking prices with less than 200 miles.

Agreed. 650 would definitely sell well if they drop down their price to GT-R level.

Both cars are quick, both cars are spartan/no finesse ugly (in my opinion I must add)

:lol2:

I have NEVER heard someone say a Ferrari is a "Rich man's Corvette" before. Ever.

You see? You learn something new every day. This time I will not charge anything :)

What made you come to that conclusion? Is that because a lot of them drive it to pose? Or the chest hair, gold chains, Hawaiian shirts? :lol2:

A lot of Lambo guys are being perceived as ultimate assholes, which more or less is the truth (I'm getting Huracan at the end of March, hehe). But, between Ferrari and Corvette crowd the POSER image is imbedded in my head like Statue Of Liberty in Ferris Island. Add gold chains, chest hair and Hawaiian shirt.

I wouldn't dismiss the Ferrari as a novelty, their record is pretty decent. And yes, it's all just a matter of taste when it comes to these high-priced appliances.

I said latest 488, not Ferrari in general.

Side question, can I exploit this? :)

Feel free to mention it, you should never feel compelled to "keep your mouth shut", and never be afraid to ask questions or wonder why.

Side question, can I exploit this? :)

Keep it civil and not mean in nature. And don't be so sensitive if you don't get the response you were looking for, and you should be just fine.

Congrats on the upcoming purchase, BTW.

Keep it civil and not mean in nature. And don't be so sensitive if you don't get the response you were looking for, and you should be just fine.

Congrats on the upcoming purchase, BTW.

I'm such a joker in real life (kinda safety relief valve in my case) and I love bears, so I'd never abuse it.

What can I say...

Btw, how long is your ... never mind :)

I'm such a joker in real life (kinda safety relief valve in my case) and I love bears, so I'd never abuse it.

What can I say...

Btw, how long is your ... never mind :)

:eusa_think: :eusa_shhh:

where is Allan when i need him?? :icon_mrgreen:

seriously ...in the currnet sport cars i think ultimate performance matters....i know they are ALL too fast for the road aniway but who buys a new sport car JUST for the design?

when you spend 250.000 euro for a new sport car (and some of this hard earned money you will lose likely in 1 or 2 years at resale) you hardly buy a car for its design alone, performance has a lot of importance (power, as well as handling)

If you are buyng an huracan just for its look and nice interior..... i think there is plenty of classics that can have a very nice design and a nice looking hand made interior.... and you will lose less money on resale.

so, ok look of the huracan is great . great looking car as you want! i love it

but straight line performance is important as well as handling

and to get some more power is a NICE plus!

to say cheap performance upgrade and Ferrari does not go well toegether is wrong with the turbo cars

you could squeeze 10% more power of 208 turbo car 25 years ago with spending few dollars

same went for the holy F40!

with modern cars is just a matter of pressure and ECU tuning: peace of cake

being a Ferrari does not make a big difference

now trying to get more power on a 458 or huracan...that is hard and EXPENSIVE!

i bet the 488 with the new turbo engine not only will be a bit faster stock Vs the Huracan but also much easier to get 50-100 extra hp

and i think the handling will be at least on par with the huracan

do not get me wrong! huracan was superior to 458 but i bet the new Ferrari V8 steps up the game ....

when i seen first images and spec of the 488 i was a bit sad ....because to me it could be a big problem for lamborghini

i hope i am wrong for Lamborghini brand

i forgot:

there is a NOT small part of buyers of these cars that buy them JUST as "poser's" car

it was like this since the times of daytona-miura-countach...etc.

to them the real performance figures and power has 0 importance. they do only buy these cars as nice items, for the brands and to be seen in them.

for these buyers the look alone is vital...

for this kind of buyer i have no idea which one is the car to have

Emilio I am sure Lambo will be fine, the business is perhaps healthier than ever, they have their loyal customer base which is steadily growing, nowhere near as large as that of Ferrari but with the Huracan Lambo was able to attract few first time Lambo buyers who defected from Ferrari.

The segment is certainly very crowded and fantastic offerings are available from all manufacturers so no doubt it's a big problem for the big three players (L, F and Mc) hence their efforts on pumping update after update, refresh after refresh at the same time trying to outdo each other, unfortunately the supercar market has become similar with the one of the mobile phones one, there is always something new around the corner, what is one to do? You need a phone so at some point you just have to make up your mind :icon_mrgreen:

As for the new turbo cars and ease of tuning, isn't it quite difficult for tuners to crack the electronics in order to squeeze extra HP out of the cars? I thought many had difficulties with tuning McLaren cars.