Liberty Walk Huracan

Destructo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how a stock, out of the line, Huracan should look if Lambo wants to go bust.

Look at the quality of those fenders, the lines, the tire size... as appealing as driving a sanctioned GT car ready to do Le Mans through LA on rush hour.

This young crowd nowadays seems to think that manufactures should produce cars track focused, for that 0,1% of time that you use a car like this on the track.

When I go on the track I use a car build for racing, that is maintained and handled by professionals. I don't want to try to use a street GT car out of the track, as I don't want to drive a race car on the roads.

A car built for racing, even in the paddock is a hassle to manoeuvre, and it doesn't takes much to break a fender or a bottom panel.

On the street I want to use a car with some form over purpose, that is aesthetically pleasant, and is all-rounder enough to drive in the city without breaking a fender or side sweeping someone while exchanging lanes... And there are enough aftermarket tuners that will tweek it up a notch if someone wants something more extreme.

But suggesting Lambo should produce a car looking like this, with all that goes behind that, is just dumb.

And although it looks agressive, this LW Huracan also looks that will perform like shit on a track, because those wheels and the alignment we're probably done on a tire shop in south central LA, and it goes around corners like a MACK truck...

Can the Huracan be made to look better ? Of course it can. The AVentador is gorgeous but the 50th looks way better. But if you ever see any Liberty car in person you will laugh. I rather stick my dick in an electric plug than to own any LW car.

Welll DAMN :lol2:

Agreed, the 50th is the tits for the Aventador, just stunning.

I do like the liberty walk stuff BUT just to look at. Not sure they are very practical to drive. Also think the Huracan looks great. IMO, every manufacturer does this. Lambo would never sell enough cars to be profitable if they looked like this.

How would you make it "more practical"?

not a fan of LB at all. but the wing looks good!

Think something like that would make it onto the SL version?

Aggressive looking kit but way to low for everyday driving.

I think they digitally alter it a bit in the photos. Either that or put an air-ride suspension on it :lol2:

NAEEDS MOAR WIDEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

DAT STANCE YO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so SOBE! :lol2:

The Huracan had to happen. Its a great car for the segment, cements Lamborghini's ability to produce a car in the Turbo S, 458, 650 game. As we discussed in the not driving more thread... the V12's are an occasion but not suited to daily driving. The Huracan on the other hand still looks like no other car, has a beautiful Italian leather interior and is a blast that can be enjoyed WAY more frequently then the big cars. Plus all the money brought in by them and the Gallardos keeps the R&D accounts full. There are people that can afford a Huracan but not an Aventador, so its a great entry into the brand. The beauty is, you really could enjoy both. In a perfect world I'd have a Huracan as a DD and an Avent Roadster for weekend rips. We all get nostalgic, and say real men drove the Countach, but the reality is they drove that because that was what they had at the time. If you had to drive a Countach from Beverly Hills to Onatrio in rush hour once I think you would kill yourself.

Valid concerns. However, I think you would find some people whom would like to drive a Countach from BH to Ontario. But we're a special kind of crazy. ;)

I'm sorry, but bolted on fender flares belong on Jeeps and RD's ranch mobile F150 with super swampers, not on lamborghinis.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fender-flares-and...13049j1s17.jcwx :eusa_naughty:

What about on the Rambo Lambo? ;)

i can't stand these LBW cars. I never understood the fascination with these. In my personal opinion they look horrible and they completely take great cars and make them look like little rice rocket shopping cart POSs.

I was going to get you a LBW kit for your Aston this year. Damn it Ovi!

It's a good discussion, glad to see people participating in it.

If you think the LB sucks, are there any aftermarket trends you've seen that enhance this model?

Vorsteiner had a car at Symbolic this past weekend, that made the car look better, i believe.

Looks mean...but like every other LBW kit car..i would spray it in gloss black...to hide the lines yet make the car looks super aggressive..black LBW cars are sick looking!

I do think a slightly less aggressive, non-glued on version of the LB Walk stuff would be perfect.

However, I am probably not the main market for the car.

I don't like the somewhat bland (for Lambo standards) styling on the Huracan but I understand why and I can't fault Lambo for wanting to expand their market. Polarizing wild cars are great for posters but not for volume sales.

Well thank goodness. I found your new avatar by the way. Would you like me to change that for you? ;) :lol2:

Fortis_Meme.jpg

Just mind your own business and stop being a dick! If you touch my avatar you can delete my whole account and have it all to yourself!

You making yourself look like a fool, now I know that doesn't worry you but fortunately that's not what I am about.

I am here to enjoy myself and provide value to the board members in return and many can attest to that you on the other hand are here to stir shit up like a spoiled baby and it's getting old.

I'd like you to know that every statement I've ever made here I can 100% back also I never claimed to be a fcuking expert on everything, if your own abilities somehow elevate me to an expert level there is nothing I can do about that, now please have a biscuit and go away don't make me waste any more time on you!

Lambo is not a boutique car maker anymore. That's why Pagani and Koenigsegg capture imaginations.

On one hand, the Huracan is doing a very important job for Lamborghini and a lot of people will buy it because they like it, not just because it's all they can afford. On the other hand, I might agree that they could have made it just a hair more extreme and gotten away with it as a mass-appeal car. Maybe not like this type of Hot Wheels extreme, but just a touch. Therefore, I see the follow-on flow from the base Huracan getting more extreme to positive reviews as a conscious strategic move.

How would you make it "more practical"?

I was mainly alluding to how low the car is. I know the Aventador one they did had airbags so that might make it work from that perspective. How much wider are these than a normal Huracan? I.e. I have a one car garage and the Diablo is already a very tight fit. Just things like that. My personal opinion is that I think it's nice to look at and as someone mentioned, I think that rear spoiler would be hot but I'd rather have a simply modified Huracan like Trust's over this.

Lambo is not a boutique car maker anymore. That's why Pagani and Koenigsegg capture imaginations.

On one hand, the Huracan is doing a very important job for Lamborghini and a lot of people will buy it because they like it, not just because it's all they can afford. On the other hand, I might agree that they could have made it just a hair more extreme and gotten away with it as a mass-appeal car. Maybe not like this type of Hot Wheels extreme, but just a touch. Therefore, I see the follow-on flow from the base Huracan getting more extreme to positive reviews as a conscious strategic move.

:iamwithstupid:

It's obvious to anyone who follows Lambo trends that the Huracan was intentionally designed this way in order to allow for future evolutionary design changes, it's expected, they have to keep the model relevant for X amount of years and they have to milk as much as they can from their customer base, it's a business strategy I don't mind, option is not to partake.

Looks aside which is subjective one thing is for sure the H is a damn fantastic car and I enjoy every minute with it, I am running mid week errands in it, that's NEVER happened with any of my previous exotics, very versatile!

My take is that the Huracan is a great blank slate for the 50 limited edition models that will be released over the next decade. :icon_mrgreen:

As for practicality, just look at how many problems they had at the Giro.

Their cars are more about impressing ten year olds while sitting still at car shows than actually being roadworthy. I've always hated the riveted fender flares and ridiculous camber. Considering the other craziness going on in the Japanese car scene their cars are fairly conservative though.

It's obvious to anyone who follows Lambo trends that the Huracan was intentionally designed this way in order to allow for future evolutionary design changes, it's expected, they have to keep the model relevant for X amount of years and they have to milk as much as they can from their customer base, it's a business strategy I don't mind, option is not to partake.

I don't mean this as a criticism of their strategy, but concentrating too much focus on that strategy can degrade their ability to produce timeless designs, sacrificing a core element of the company's strength. Therefore, they NEED to go batshit crazy on their flagship cars just so we know everything is still right with the world. I felt a little of that [sacrificing timelessness] started creeping into the Murceilago, but the design recovered nicely before it retired. 20 years from now, the artistic side of my gut tells me a Gallardo won't have the same timelessness as the Diablo is showing today entering its twenties. I suppose giving a little bit of core element away is the price to pay in order to hold onto the bulk of it, so it remains to be seen if their nuclear outrageousness reactor can produce enough to account for the inevitable losses.

(DISCLAIMER: THIS IS ALL OPINION BASED)

I get where Destructo is going with this thread as well as the point he is trying to get across, and it clearly goes back to what Top Gear stated about the Huracan on the episode that they tested it on. It DOES NOT have the edge of ridiculousness that prior lamborghini's had. Sure, it's ridiculous compared to your average car, but there is just a certain element of "Alien Technology" or "Back-To-The-Future-ish-ness" missing from this car. Please don't get me wrong. If I had the money, I would purchase on of these bad boys, (of course after buying Countach or an Aventador :jackoff: ), but I feel as though this car could have had a few touches here and there to make it more of what a Lamborghini is all about. But, to look at it from the other side of the spectrum, I would say when you compare what the Jalapa was to the Countach and what the Huracan is to the Aventador, today seems pretty on par with what Lamborghini had going on in the 1980's.

ian

I rather like the cleaner look of the soon to be available Revozport Huracan kit....

Wow, that's hot!

Just mind your own business and stop being a dick! If you touch my avatar you can delete my whole account and have it all to yourself!

You making yourself look like a fool, now I know that doesn't worry you but fortunately that's not what I am about.

I am here to enjoy myself and provide value to the board members in return and many can attest to that you on the other hand are here to stir shit up like a spoiled baby and it's getting old.

I'd like you to know that every statement I've ever made here I can 100% back also I never claimed to be a fcuking expert on everything, if your own abilities somehow elevate me to an expert level there is nothing I can do about that, now please have a biscuit and go away don't make me waste any more time on you!

There is no need to come unhinged, hostile or call names as if it were primary school. I'll have to politely ask you to turn it down a notch, and be civil. Just breathe, we'll all get through this together!

Need I remind you, your suggestion was to avoid each other's posts, of which I am happy to oblige. You came here and engaged.

We are just having a discussion on aftermarket and current model. So if you'd like to add some constructive "value" you are more than welcome to participate, and just remember, don't take things to seriously, it's a car forum on the Internet. :icon_thumleft:

I hope that is their plan, and would be interested to see how that evolves.

I don't mean this as a criticism of their strategy, but concentrating too much focus on that strategy can degrade their ability to produce timeless designs, sacrificing a core element of the company's strength. Therefore, they NEED to go batshit crazy on their flagship cars just so we know everything is still right with the world. I felt a little of that [sacrificing timelessness] started creeping into the Murceilago, but the design recovered nicely before it retired. 20 years from now, the artistic side of my gut tells me a Gallardo won't have the same timelessness as the Diablo is showing today entering its twenties. I suppose giving a little bit of core element away is the price to pay in order to hold onto the bulk of it, so it remains to be seen if their nuclear outrageousness reactor can produce enough to account for the inevitable losses.

Just look at the prices of the Diablo and their starting to climb, I mean my gosh a 6.0 now?! I mean sure, the STS or a clean SL will command a higher price, but I think you are on the right path.

(DISCLAIMER: THIS IS ALL OPINION BASED)

I get where Destructo is going with this thread as well as the point he is trying to get across, and it clearly goes back to what Top Gear stated about the Huracan on the episode that they tested it on. It DOES NOT have the edge of ridiculousness that prior lamborghini's had. Sure, it's ridiculous compared to your average car, but there is just a certain element of "Alien Technology" or "Back-To-The-Future-ish-ness" missing from this car. Please don't get me wrong. If I had the money, I would purchase on of these bad boys, (of course after buying Countach or an Aventador :jackoff: ), but I feel as though this car could have had a few touches here and there to make it more of what a Lamborghini is all about. But, to look at it from the other side of the spectrum, I would say when you compare what the Jalapa was to the Countach and what the Huracan is to the Aventador, today seems pretty on par with what Lamborghini had going on in the 1980's.

ian

Don't worry about if people disagree with your opinion. It's just as important as anyone's, so own it. :icon_thumleft:

I'm a fan of the way the Huracan drives.. not a fan of the looks. the rear seemed very flat.. not appealing to me. If the pictures i've seen of the 488 are real, then I'd have to give it to ferrari for improving the look of the 458 and giving it an additional 75-100 hp. I think the sts and squadra were absolutely the best looking Gallardo's. They could have built upon that, but I think they were trying to hard to make it a mini Aventador.