Any teetotaler's here?

MrDoctor

I don''t know why I ever started, but I actually miss not being a drinker.

I'm not a alcoholic or anything like that, but once in a while, if I'm in a good mood, or have a hard day, I'll have a drink.

The funny thing is, I don't know how I conditioned myself to be this way, or what I need or ever started drinking in the first place. I was never ever a drinker, and didn't have my first drink until 21.

I guess just because it's a social thing, I got dragged into it.

Do we have any non drinkers here? I'm thinking about giving it up again.

I'm super productive when I don't drink!

I don''t know why I ever started, but I actually miss not being a drinker.

I'm not a alcoholic or anything like that, but once in a while, if I'm in a good mood, or have a hard day, I'll have a drink.

The funny thing is, I don't know how I conditioned myself to be this way, or what I need or ever started drinking in the first place. I was never ever a drinker, and didn't have my first drink until 21.

I guess just because it's a social thing, I got dragged into it.

Do we have any non drinkers here? I'm thinking about giving it up again.

I'm super productive when I don't drink!

I quit drinking a few years ago and haven't looked back. Went on a nice little bender for a couple months when my grandfather passed away and decided this was not a good path. Didn't get in any legal troubles but my wife was not happy about it and it clearly was way over the line. Yeah I realize it was circumstantial but I guess in my own head it crossed a line I wasn't happy with, and didn't want to flirt with going down that road any further.

Before that I went through the usual cycles, drank quite a bit socially in college and a bit after but slowed down through my late 20's. This all went down when I was barely 31.

Fwiw I like to think i'm fairly perceptive and alcoholism does run quite rampant in my family, my parents and some of their siblings specifically, and back to my great grand fathers on both sides. My grandparents saw the writing on the wall and never drank their whole lives, and also warned me about it constantly that this shit can easily get way out of hand.

Looking back I don't really it but I don't miss it either. I just decided it wasn't for me and have gone about my life.

Do you think it will be easy to quit, or will this be a challenge for you?

I've never been a drinker my whole life. Im 36 now, and I'd say I've had a total of 20 standard drinks in my entire life.

It makes you a bit of a social pariah sometimes which sucks, but I feel much better for it. When I was 18 and my friends were wasting major amounts of money alcohol, i was investing it and buying properties. Even now, when my friends spend $200 on alcohol on a night out, I save the money for other interests and hobbies. I'm much happier for it.

I drink here and there and it literally will be one beer with a dinner or a mixed drink at a bar. I spent 99% of the time in school being the DD cause I didn't really enjoy drinking and would rather have made sure my friends got home safe.

Heck last night we went out for a buddy's last day of work and I had A beer while everyone else was 4-5 deep after 3 hours.

Don't feel guilty or weird for your beliefs on this and stay true to yourself. If friends give you crap you need new friends....not to drink more.

I don't drink. I have gotten a lot of crap from people for it over the years but so what. One of the benefits is you can save a wad of cash. Of course I blow that cash on other things people probably think are stupid.

Never drank, not interested in alcohol, also I don't drink coffee, never smoked, never taken any drugs (except prescription medicine), I rarely drink tea (once a year maybe) :lol2:

I have a sip of champagne here and there during special occasions mainly not to be impolite, never a glass full, combined in my entire life I don't think I had more than two or three standard drinks.

I drink lots of water, I am obsessed with good quality water LOL

This is my favorite kitchen appliance in the whole wide world, there is no way I could live without it

image.jpg

Never drank, not interested in alcohol, also I don't drink coffee, never smoked, never taken any drugs (except prescription medicine), I rarely drink tea (once a year maybe) :lol2: I have a sip of champagne here and there during special occasions mainly not to be impolite, never a glass full, combined in my entire life I don't think I had more than two or three standard drinks. I drink lots of water, I am obsessed with good quality water LOL This is my favorite kitchen appliance in the whole wide world, there is no way I could live without it post-7524-1424437448_thumb.jpg

It's funny how others are more uncomfortable with the no drink thing than I am so in a pinch I'll use ginger ale at business functions until the ice is broken. What is the pictured appliance? (I pretty much always drink water...no coffee, soda, tea...occasional OJ if I get a cold)

It's funny how others are more uncomfortable with the no drink thing than I am so in a pinch I'll use ginger ale at business functions until the ice is broken. What is the pictured appliance? (I pretty much always drink water...no coffee, soda, tea...occasional OJ if I get a cold)

It is a tap that can produce cold or boiling water at the press of a button. Some even provide fizzy water.

It is a tap that can produce cold or boiling water at the press of a button. Some even provide fizzy water.

The new one I just got does sparkling, not sure how nice it will taste, I can't wait to hook it up!

The new one I just got does sparkling, not sure how nice it will taste, I can't wait to hook it up!

wife loves fizzy water...let me know (might make a good gift for when I need to get of the doghouse)

Pretty much echo what Hannibal said. I'll have some drinks if I'm out but sometimes go weeks without anything. I have a rare night here and there where I will have a little more than I should be nothing crazy. Haven't gotten sick from drinking in many years.

Carbonation makes your stomach expand so you will eat more. I avoid soda or fizzy drinks as much as I can.

It's funny what you hear/learn. I don't put ice in my water (always drink room temp)...I was told that cold beverages cool/congeal the oil/grease in the food you are consuming.

Do you think it will be easy to quit, or will this be a challenge for you?

Ok, how many of these posts are drunk posts :D...shouldn't have asked LP...kidding!

Great job!

It will be a little challenging initially, but I am a strong willed person. If I make the decision, I'll have to stick with it. Its hard because my significant other also likes to drink, but I'm pretty sure she will be supportive and will keep alcohol out of the house. She might even stop drinking with me.

it will be easy, because of the way I perceive drinking. It makes me feel unhealthy. Its expensive. It interferes with my sleep, makes me dumb etc.

I feel like I don't need any of this in my life. I don't need anything artificial that makes temporary changes. The only way I will be happy is if I'm in this state 24/7, naturally, all of the time.

Never drank, not interested in alcohol, also I don't drink coffee, never smoked, never taken any drugs (except prescription medicine), I rarely drink tea (once a year maybe) :lol2:

I have a sip of champagne here and there during special occasions mainly not to be impolite, never a glass full, combined in my entire life I don't think I had more than two or three standard drinks.

I drink lots of water, I am obsessed with good quality water LOL

This is my favorite kitchen appliance in the whole wide world, there is no way I could live without it

Great, another Fortis post turned into design.....:D . That is your addiction :lol:

You are a lot like me. I don't drink coffee. Don't smoke.

However, I do enjoy green tea. You seem like a pretty health focused person! The only other thing besides beer right now that I do consume, is water! I take my own jugs to fill to the store, but I'm digging the device you posted. Too bad it's not available in the US!

I just use a Brita pitcher at home and bottled at work

You guys and your fancy ass water, I'm apt to drink out of the hose if it's the most convenient option. :lol2:

Its hard because my significant other also likes to drink, but I'm pretty sure she will be supportive and will keep alcohol out of the house. She might even stop drinking with me.

Mine deals with my decision but doesn't support/interfere. She enjoys a good wine and she wishes I would enjoy it with her. Occasionally it adds friction but mostly it's fine.

I have stopped drinking a few times when I felt I needed to..my kid brother was killed by a drunk driver years ago, and I went through some soul searching as a result...

Currently I am not drinking, dont miss it either...

I quit drinking MANY years ago. Don't miss it.