Any teetotaler's here?

MrDoctor

It's funny what you hear/learn. I don't put ice in my water (always drink room temp)...I was told that cold beverages cool/congeal the oil/grease in the food you are consuming.

Whoa whoa whoa. How did I miss this gem.

Can you please tell me how that works when it is your body please. You know what with it being body temperature...

Whoa whoa whoa. How did I miss this gem. Can you please tell me how that works when it is your body please. You know what with it being body temperature...

I guess I should clarify...It's something I remember being told when I was young so it's burned into my brain like sitting too close to the TV makes you cross-eyed.

As for the lack of ice: When I was young, my dad would interrogate me and my 2 sisters to find out who didn't refill the ice trays so I decided to abstain from ice (remember I said I was stubborn) so I could be instantly innocent. Anyway, it stuck with me and now I prefer warm drinks.

Good thread.

I don't drink a ton, mostly just social.

I wish the typical drinking model in America (and most countries) was that of a cocktail/wine bar and quality instead of loading up on shots to get s**faced, but what can you do?

And therein lies another problem for the health conscious/fitness/dieting crowd....you can control what you eat but what are you going to drink when you socialize, particularly in bars, lounges, and clubs? I know this is a real issue for people. You eat clean for 5/6/7 days a week and now feel compelled to sabotage that progress by a few beers. And maybe nobody's goading you but you wind up saying "screw it" and just having a few. Your alternatives like cola or tonic aren't particularly good either.

Sorry, I can't stop drinking. My drunk post are my best posts. I wake up in the morning, re read them and quietly ask myself, who the f*ck wrote that shit?!

Can you please tell me how that works when it is your body please. You know what with it being body temperature...

I've heard this from a few people and can't help but laugh at the utter bullshit people believe. Like really, you think somehow 8oz of 34 degree liquid is somehow going to have an effect on 150-200lbs of thermogenic mass?

I wish more people were forced to take chemistry :eusa_wall:

Sorry, I can't stop drinking. My drunk post are my best posts. I wake up in the morning, re read them and quietly ask myself, who the f*ck wrote that shit?!

:lol2: I try and avoid the internet when drunk. Usually i just go to sleep.

Good thread.

I don't drink a ton, mostly just social.

I wish the typical drinking model in America (and most countries) was that of a cocktail/wine bar and quality instead of loading up on shots to get s**faced, but what can you do?

Never thought about that. Drinking culture is indeed very strange in the US. How its show how its supposed to be. I learned young that drinking more only makes you sick! Slow and steady...

Esp. for the younger generation. I sometimes take a train to work, just to mix it up with society (gives me a different perspective). I notice a lot of younger kids drinking...a lot. If I were to grab a 4-7pm train, there are tons of people, probably around mid 20s, some early, just cracking beers at the station, on the train.

Also, drinking does interfere with my gym time, because I'm an AM trainer. Even if I have 1 beer, it kinda throws me off in the morning, and then I end up skipping the gym. I'll wake up early, go for a walk, and buy a Jamba Juice to try and re-purify myself :lol2:

Side note, room temp. water for the win! Can't stand cold water.

And I just had an idea. I'm going to slice up lemon and put it in my 5 gallon when I refill later on.

I drive my Lamborghini to every event and I am never a passenger. Ever dinner.. ever night out .. ever insane off the wall totally sick private baller club till 5 am in NYC or any other city ... new years eve in the city ... superbowl .. thanks giving etc etc.

if I leave my home I am always driving a lambo so ....

the last time I drank outside the home was prior to the purchase of my 2009 Gallardo.

Lambos keep you from drinking. some friends go to the real baller clubs in NYC in a limo .. not me. I love the 5 a.m. drive home and I park where I want because I hook that shyt up

never had a drop. Grandad was an aggressive drinker so it left an impression. It has a lot of pluses and minuses but I'm stubborn so I'm staying dry to the grave.

:iamwithstupid: My father would drink 24/7 while becoming violent. I NEVER want someone to go through life with a father, much less any, figure like mine.

My cousin was taken to the hospital for appendicitis one time. We asked the doctor - why did this happen now? He asked what we had for dinner. We said greasy oily pasta and he chased it with ice cold water. The doc said that was a contributing issue. I've since thought about it many times - in US we eat fries and ice cold cokes all the time, but maybe when the amount of oil has to be higher and it can mess something up.

I drink on the weekends usually sat night and sometimes in the middle of the week. Overall maybe 5-6 times a month. It all depends on your personality. My brother can't handle his alcohol and gets violent, it puts me in a funny happy mood. I also drink to get a nice buzz not shit faced where i hate life the next morning.

moderation is the key.

Lambos keep you from drinking. some friends go to the real baller clubs in NYC in a limo .. not me. I love the 5 a.m. drive home and I park where I want because I hook that shyt up

#TeamSalamone

It's funny what you hear/learn. I don't put ice in my water (always drink room temp)...I was told that cold beverages cool/congeal the oil/grease in the food you are consuming.

I must be in big trouble, I only drink it very cold, the closer to freezing the better :icon_mrgreen:

Great, another Fortis post turned into design.....:D . That is your addiction :lol:

You are a lot like me. I don't drink coffee. Don't smoke.

However, I do enjoy green tea. You seem like a pretty health focused person! The only other thing besides beer right now that I do consume, is water! I take my own jugs to fill to the store, but I'm digging the device you posted. Too bad it's not available in the US!

I am sorry I really didn't mean to LOL. Can you guys find a similar unit, different brand, locally? It's absolutely fantastic, very easy to use, no need to buy in water or filter it, place it in the fridge, etc. it's always available on tap also the instantaneous boiling function is very handy for cooking, tea making, the other thing I realize when I have access to this I rarely drink soft drinks, as I said my favorite thing in the kitchen.

My cousin was taken to the hospital for appendicitis one time. We asked the doctor - why did this happen now? He asked what we had for dinner. We said greasy oily pasta and he chased it with ice cold water. The doc said that was a contributing issue. I've since thought about it many times - in US we eat fries and ice cold cokes all the time, but maybe when the amount of oil has to be higher and it can mess something up.

Are you sure that guy was a doctor? :icon_mrgreen: