599gto vs lp670sv values

kev99sv

I know this is pure speculation but what are folks thoughts about values of these 2 cars in the next 5-10 years. Is one a safer bet? I think they are both great cars but just so different.

At the rate Lambos are going I'd say the 670 SV might command a higher premium given the limted numbers. But both cars seem to be safe bets. Though with the saturation and general changing of market place interests, it's possible the exotic sports car market might be nearing a peak before some down turn.

599 GTO will command higher Premium/desirebility.

Tough call on this one.... there's about half as many 670's vs GTO's.............. 350 vs 599............. GTO is a sweet machine but I think the 670 is far more special representing the end of an era... Bizzarini V12, square tube frame etc... I think the 670 will always be more desirable. I love the 500GTO but at a gathering last summer a 599 GTO showed up and the Gallardos were getting more attention.

I'm not a Ferrari guy and IMO the 599 gto is an ugly car to me. why is it special and would be more than lp670sv? look wise and it's not even close imp of course

Tough call on this one.... there's about half as many 670's vs GTO's.............. 350 vs 599............. GTO is a sweet machine but I think the 670 is far more special representing the end of an era... Bizzarini V12, square tube frame etc... I think the 670 will always be more desirable. I love the 500GTO but at a gathering last summer a 599 GTO showed up and the Gallardos were getting more attention.

Technically they didnt build all 350. They only built like 180 or so i believe....so the 670 is even more rare...

Depends on the gathering. There's a difference between a typical Cars & Coffee and Pebble Beach or Cavallino Classic at Palm Beach.

A Gallardo gets attention more than most cars, even those more special than it. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're buying a 599 GTO to impress the masses you're doing it wrong.

The difference on long term value here is simple:

G.T.O.

250, 288, 599. All very special to the marque, and incredibly rare. You don't just hand out the GTO moniker like you do your Californias, Stradale, Speciale, etc.

670 SV is excellent, but IMO I see it being worth a bit less than the GTO long term.

I'm not a Ferrari guy and IMO the 599 gto is an ugly car to me. why is it special and would be more than lp670sv? look wise and it's not even close imp of course

If you've ever heard one you would understand.

And from what I hear the power and handling are superior as well.

One car nicer from the outside, the other nicer from the inside.

No denying the 599's were better GT then the Murci........ I just think the 670SV is more special in more ways then the GTO.. Ferrari does have the pedigree factor tho.. tough call

I love the SV so much more but as far as pure investment the GTO is gonna be worth more. Both 2011s and the GTOs are already bringing north of $500k where the SVs are $350-400K.

Depends on the gathering. There's a difference between a typical Cars & Coffee and Pebble Beach or Cavallino Classic at Palm Beach.

A Gallardo gets attention more than most cars, even those more special than it. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're buying a 599 GTO to impress the masses you're doing it wrong.

The difference on long term value here is simple:

G.T.O.

250, 288, 599. All very special to the marque, and incredibly rare. You don't just hand out the GTO moniker like you do your Californias, Stradale, Speciale, etc.

670 SV is excellent, but IMO I see it being worth a bit less than the GTO long term.

Clearly they do. The 599 has absolutely nothing to do with racing, unlike the 250 GTO and the 288 GTO. The GTO has zero meaning in my eyes, but some rich fan boys will jump on that and see some value.

Secondly, the 599 is a front engined V12, which for me is a pure GT car, which they then tried to make a 'racing' version wanna be road car without any pedigree and stamped on a GTO badge to sell it. However, everyone I know who owns one loves the 599GTO. For me its just too easy a GT car, not a supercar. Front engines will never be supercars in my eyes; but thats just personal taste.

Thirdly, about 186 SV made, and 599 of the Ferrari ... add to that the fact that Ferrari are known to produce more than the claimed 'limited edition numbers' so that puts the GTO numbers at about 620 probably.... Rarity should win this one, but then Ferraris do seem to win the high value game. Just more fan boys who now have made it big, and want 'the full set'. Having said that, a massive car collector, who has all the big Ferraris you can name, does not own let alone ever mention the 599GTO....

I love the SV so much more but as far as pure investment the GTO is gonna be worth more. Both 2011s and the GTOs are already bringing north of $500k where the SVs are $350-400K.

SV at 350-400k ? You must have missed the thread where Roy mentioned the price the manual 670SV sold at .... ;)

No denying the 599's were better GT then the Murci........ I just think the 670SV is more special in more ways then the GTO.. Ferrari does have the pedigree factor tho.. tough call

What pedigree? the 599 was a tourer and then massively massively improved and a GTO badge slapped on it. zero racing pedigree.

I meant Ferrari "pedigree" not 599.... They put the F1 Constructors Plaque in every car. Nutter your preaching to the choir... if I had the keys to a 599 GTO or a 670SV manual handed to me I don't think it would take me a nanosecond to go SV

I meant Ferrari "pedigree" not 599.... They put the F1 Constructors Plaque in every car. Nutter your preaching to the choir... if I had the keys to a 599 GTO or a 670SV manual handed to me I don't think it would take me a nanosecond to go SV

It's a tough battle.

I don't see it as a nanosecond decision either way. I like the GTO a little bit more, but it's mostly my infatuation with musical exhausts (Swil has/had nothing on me in this respect) that tips the scale.

Another thing we car enthusiasts do so often is compare cars straight up 1 to 1, without taking car collections into context. Is it realistic whatsoever that the typical buyer choosing between a 670 or a GTO only has one other car at home? He probably has a bunch. And when judged by that context, either the SV or GTO will fit in better as a complement to the other cars.

How about this. Pick one:

670 SV & 599 GTB

599 GTO & 640 coupe/spyder

Lambonutter raises a good point about the Ferrari being front engined; and he could add that its not offered in a stickshift. These are legit points.

At the same time, the Lambo is still AWD. To me that's every bit the same knock as a car being front engined, at least from the driving experience.

Looks are a different story. The SV looks nicer than the GTO but if given the scenario above, I like option #2.

Having said that, a massive car collector, who has all the big Ferraris you can name, does not own let alone ever mention the 599GTO....

If I had those cars, I'd probably say the same. :icon_mrgreen:

I like all the replies. Certainly some have strong opinions and that's a good thing. I thought about buying the SV after selling my Diablo SV. Roy had a Monterey blue one that was terrific, but I wanted something different than I had previously. I really fell in love with the GTO after hearing it and driving it. Whether it deserves the GTO name I could care less. Ferrari calls it that and that's good enough for me. I am not a Ferrari fan boy but I get treated like a king at the Ferrari dealership here.

If only we had a crystal ball, both nice cars. I like the way some members say the GTO is a grand tourer only because it is front engine layout. Well, the LP670 might look racier than the GTO but it certainly is no ballerina on track and I would rate it as a very good GT car too.

Both are very likely to do well, whatever car one enjoys more is the one to get.