LP640 Roadster vs. LP570 Performante

Curious to hear what everyone's thoughts/inputs/opinions would be between an LP640 Roadster versus the LP570 Performante? I know the both cars well, and also respect that they are 2 different beasts. This isn't meant to be a simple "apples to apples" or it ISN'T an "apples to apples" type of comparison debate...

But based on topics like the following (but not LIMITED to)

- visual desirability

- long term value (or re-sale value)

- price stability (are either cars bottoming out, or have room to still drop)

- drivability

- usability

- enjoyment

- etc

Thanks in advanced! Trying to see if maybe it's time to let go of the R8 Spyder and get back on the BULL! I was highly considering a McLaren 12c, but I think it the McLaren has more "room" to fall in price and quickly than either of the 2 cars I'm considering above. I just want to ENJOY my car, but at the same time not have that sick feeling in my gut that the car's value is plummeting.

Performante will be way more driver friendly on a day to day. More usable in rainy/snow weather if you actually drive in bad weather just because of the top being an obviously better design. I'd venture to guess you'd lose about the same on either in depreciation. LP640 will have higher repair bills. But in the LP640 you'll have the lambo doors and the presence 99.99% of the cars on the road don't have the capability to possess (including the Performante). If you've already had a Gallardo in the past, I'd try an LP640. Even with your experience with the R8, I'd almost try the LP640. The good thing is, you could buy an LP640 pretty reasonable and resell if it wasn't what you liked and know you could get into a performante later... Roy has a sick LP640 roadster I believe and priced very well!

I would have a LP640 roadster..because its my favourite Lambo to date..just parking there looking at it makes me feel funny inside..and i never was a huge fan of the baby lambos to begin with.

While a performante is a great, fun, car. To me it's no Lp640, which is why I bought a 640 coupe instead of a perf. The reason I did a 640 coupe over a 640 roadster is in another thread.

Unless you plan on driving it every single day I'd go 640. I've had both and the 640 is on a whole different level than the Gallardo, even with a Performante.

The 640 roadster is an old school car --- tubular chassis and classic V12 engine. It almost felt dated from day 1 but to the purist, it's every bit a Lamborghini "should" be. The top, in all honesty, is an afterthought and a quite a pain to put on. But nothing beats its presence. You don't even need to try, you WILL get the attention. The Performante is a modern car (during its time anyway) augmented by Audi engineering, built quality and reliability. The roof has the convenience over the LP640 roadster by an order of magnitude. And it drives and feels like a modern car should but one might counter by saying the rawness is much diluted. You feel more secure, safer, better-cocooned but quite a bit less "special" in the 570.

Unless you plan on driving it every single day I'd go 640. I've had both and the 640 is on a whole different level than the Gallardo, even with a Performante.

:iamwithstupid: 100%

seats are no fun in the performante..... 45 min max... :)

I guess it depends on the person. I spent 5 hours in one passenger seat and was fine. Drivers seat where youre movement is more restricted could be worse.

I guess it depends on the person. I spent 5 hours in one passenger seat and was fine. Drivers seat where youre movement is more restricted could be worse.

:iamwithstupid:

I'd love to have a pair of them in my DD!

i would do 2 hour drives from LA to SD often in a Lotus Exige, so not too worried about the seats.

Well there are 2 seat options

Comfort

Sport

Maybe brooks is speaking on the sport?

Well there are 2 seat options

Comfort

Sport

Maybe brooks is speaking on the sport?

These were the sport seats I'm talking about.

Yes the race seats are harder than the sport seats. The race seats look so much better, and they can be permanently set in 2 positions, tilted back a bit, or normal, dealer can set this for you. Best thing about the Performante was when it gets a little colder, you can roll down the rear window and still get the full sound effect. Murcielago Roadster top is a total pain, unless you order the aftermarket hardtop I believe one company designed. If you want a Spyder, open top experience, the Performante is the way to go.