What was everybody's FIRST car?

Roman

1964 Mercury Comet Convertible.

Starter went out a lot so I either parked on a slope so I could push it and jump in, or keep it running until I came back outside.

Parking brake never worked, so when I left it running, I had a 4" x 4" block in the car to keep it from rolling around.

Generator and voltage regulators were crap, so I drove around in the dark a lot. Especially when I ran the under dash air conditioner I had hard wired in without fuses.

Power mechanism on the convertible was bad, so I had to stand up in the back seat and lift the roof over my head. This was particlarly fun in the rain and as a one man job.

Car had hub caps, and when I was driving around pretending I was Speed Racer in that hunk of shit, the hub caps flew off in all directions.

Man I really miss that car! No wonder I like my Countach so much.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1996 Honda Civic Si Coupe, never felt the kind of excitement later on when i got other cars as the day i picked up my first car..

Black '94 Mustang GT 5.0 (surprise, surprise) :mrgreen:

80's Kawasaki 250 dirt bike :finga:

first car was a Mitsubishi Sigma :lol: bought it for $200 bucks and it went for over 20,000 k's before i took it in the outback and thrashed it out going sideways everywhere, then handed it down to my little brother and he used it for getting around the outback for a bit until he left, and gave it to some people who could use parts from it to fix their new car.

My parents let me use the 1973 Lincoln Town car. It had a 460 V8. I remember driving just after I got my license at 16. I would take that car down the road in the neighborhood at 85mph. 85 in a 35 LOL. G/D help me; if I had a really fast car.

My first car that I bought with my money in hi school, was a 1968 GTO. It was fun.

John - I also had a X-11; at the University of Arizona. Not too many of those floating around.

First motorcycle ? A brand new 1990 ZX-7. I never rode a motorcycle, before jumping into a ZX-7. Actually I had never even been on a bike. I just thought they must be fast, and they look cool. I am lucky to be alive. I remember going out riding with a bunch of kids when I just bought it. Was hauling ass down the freeway, and a turn was coming up. Everyone leaned over. I just assumed, it was best to do what they were doing :lol: .

My fist car was a 69 toyota corona(not corolla) It was actually 2 cars welded together. It was a real piece of shit, you had to keep the car in neutral to keep it from stalling, oh and none of the gages worked. It was cool though I acctually got laid in that car. Wow thats why you never forget where you came from. :partyman: :partyman:

My parents let me use the 1973 Lincoln Town car. It had a 460 V8. I remember driving just after I got my license at 16. I would take that car down the road in the neighborhood at 85mph. 85 in a 35 LOL. G/D help me; if I had a really fast car.

My first car that I bought with my money in hi school, was a 1968 GTO. It was fun.

John - I also had a X-11; at the University of Arizona. Not too many of those floating around.

First motorcycle ? A brand new 1990 ZX-7. I never rode a motorcycle, before jumping into a ZX-7. Actually I had never even been on a bike. I just thought they must be fast, and they look cool. I am lucky to be alive. I remember going out riding with a bunch of kids when I just bought it. Was hauling ass down the freeway, and a turn was coming up. Everyone leaned over. I just assumed, it was best to do what they were doing :lol: .

The morning after I got my license (I didnt even have the REAL thing yet... just a piece of paper) I got pulled over for 67 in a 35... :oops:

1991 Nissan 240SX fastback, fun car but I hated its long nose. When I bought it I had to drive it back from Vancouver to Richmond with only 10 minutes experience of driving stick which made quite an interesting journey especially on the hills of South Granville.

So you're the other one. ;)

My first car was when I was 18. It was a 1977 Datsun 260C (Cedric). Brown with green patches and white hubcaps :D

Then I painted it black using spray cans and I put multicolored 'Brutal' graphics on the rear guards. :partyman:

But I tell you, I got so many women with that car! LOL Then when I was 19, I was side swiped and the car was totalled. Actually, it only needed a new front guard, but the repair for that was considered more than the car's worth, so the insurance company paid me out :lol:

OOOOHHHH... This thread has taken an unexpected turn... LETS RUN WITH IT...

I'll be 35 in September....

First car was a Late 1985 Porsche 944 n/a

I loved that car. Nice Guards Red, black leather interior ;) The U.S. spec back was ugly however with bumper jutting out everywhere.

Crashed it on College Campus and totalled, by no fault of my own ;)

Steve-t.jpg

Not same car.. black rims, and bumper in front

Well, the first car I drove was my parents, an 86 volkswagon cabriolet. My first car would be the truck I have now, bought it in feb 05 (see sig). But technically my first vehicle is a 2001 suzuki gsxr 600 I bought after my freshman year of college but later sold.