Apple Watch

ToofDoc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it up to the early adopters but ill wait until there are more apps

and hence more uses for the thing. I really like that google glass isnt going mainstream and of course conpanies will keep pushing w new products to simplify, or rather as Peter Theil said "make less important things easier" but the other part of his quote was " i wish people would focus on making the bigger/harder things"

" i wish people would focus on making the bigger/harder things"

People are working on in! The time/tech isn't there, but it will be!

This watch will be a flop.

Anyone see this? Regardless, I love the new MacBook....

You have a $20K TV? If you decide to replace it in a few years, make sure to donate it to a good cause (i.e. me).

I told you, I am more than happy to send you light bulbs :icon_mrgreen:

Actually every time I go in the garage and I see them on the table I think of you, there they are again Wheels's light bulbs :lol2:

Wheels, something as simple as no lights is enough to cause massive chaos in modern society. Think about the consequences at intersections when there are no traffic lights and street lamps at night.

What chaos? I like it because I always go through first, most are dazed trying to figure out what's going on LOL.

What chaos? I like it because I always go through first, most are dazed trying to figure out what's going on LOL.

:lol2: :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

• 1 month later...

Anyone else preorder? I ordered a stainless 42 with the regular black band. I figure that aftermarket bands will be very common and offer a huge amount of choices.

I haven't been to an Apple Store to play with one in person yet. Has anyone?

I ordered one stainless, 3 aluminum (for the misses and mother) and a 42mm rose gold white for 12k+tax. Tried them on yesterday and i'm impressed with the watch. I am not sure I will be keeping the gold watch, as the stainless was just as nice. if they offer a good core tradeup maybe

People are working on in! The time/tech isn't there, but it will be!

This watch will be a flop.

Anyone see this? Regardless, I love the new MacBook....

oh god I couldn't quit laughing

Anyone else preorder? I ordered a stainless 42 with the regular black band. I figure that aftermarket bands will be very common and offer a huge amount of choices.

I haven't been to an Apple Store to play with one in person yet. Has anyone?

I messed around with a couple earlier this week. I actually like them better in person than what Ive seen in advertisements. I dont think I'll get one right away, but I do think I'll eventually grab a "sport" model. The interface is pretty slick but it does seem like it can be tricky if you "fat finger" everything like I do. I imagine as the technology gets better they will thin out, similar to how the iphones have thinned out, and I think that will make it an even better product. It feels nice, but I would probably prefer it to be thinner.

I believe early sales will be strong as the tech crowd try them out. But with the young people, those under 30, this watch is more of a fashion statement over a tech piece. As fashion it will be a failure. The majority of the young people I know, 17 to 25 year olds, well they don't use credit cards (Apple pay), mostly text and check Facebook with their phone. They say the watch is only good for apple pay, the rest its too small. I believe sales will die and it becomes an overall failure.

I was in a meeting this week with one of the largest CE manufactures in the world reviewing their wearable lineup. All market data states that watches will overtake standard wrist wearables.

The data and research is incredibly strong, with the smart watch market projected growth to be up 234% this year and 67% in 2016.

Largest smart watch age group is 25-34 (41%), and males take up 79% of the that 41%.

Also what was very interesting is that income has had zero play in the market, with almost 50% of owners making <$45k

My order went through and my confirmation email was 12:10am. My ship date is may5-12. In 10 minutes or so I slipped behind the first wave of deliveries :(

I'm an annoying Apple fanboy who buys all their stuff seemingly blindly without regard for cost or function. Having said that, I passed on the watch pre-order date. I just need to feel and use one first and I wasn't willing to order sight unseen this time. I'll be interested to hear more impressions from those who have one on the way.

I'm an annoying Apple fanboy who buys all their stuff seemingly blindly without regard for cost or function. Having said that, I passed on the watch pre-order date. I just need to feel and use one first and I wasn't willing to order sight unseen this time. I'll be interested to hear more impressions from those who have one on the way.

I liked the functionality when I tried it at he Apple Store. For ME it will be useful. Having the calendar and the quick reply text and other features at my fingertip will be useful.

I'm mostly going by what real world young people are saying. I have cousins in their early 20's. One of my cousins has 10 kids. They range in age from 17 to 25. They say it doesn't text/Facebook well and that's their main use of a phone. Second they say the base models look like something you get at McDonalds, plastic and cheap looking. It fails as fashion.

The most successful watch for the 25 and under crowd was the Swatch in the 80's. It was a success because it was fashionable and affordable. The apple watch and other smart watches are not. They'll be an overall failure, once the tech geeks with money are no longer buying them.

What kids and most people love is most new cars entertainment system will sync with their phone. Watches not so much.

Going out on a limb here, somewhat feel like this is the "Post your Stock Picks" lol.

I think the youth will embrace the watch irrespective of the "fashionista" line of thinking.

One or two apps will end up dominating: I considered making an app:

People opting in create profile etc.

Wearer 1 is at Starbucks - His heartbeat matches

Wearer 2 walking into Starbucks -

Both users alerted to their two hearbeats at the same rhythm......

IT MUST BE LOVE.

(Freemium model then pay to be closer in proximity to someone who may be your soulmate!) Etc.

You get it - Long story short there are apps to be made for this and the youth will eat it up.

Teachers won't be able to tell them not to text or respond if it is so fast they can't see it happening. (That alone will get the cool crowd to buy the watch.....)

I love Apple products, and thus far, the Apple Watch has done less than nothing to spark my interest...

Going out on a limb here, somewhat feel like this is the "Post your Stock Picks" lol.

I think the youth will embrace the watch irrespective of the "fashionista" line of thinking.

One or two apps will end up dominating: I considered making an app:

People opting in create profile etc.

Wearer 1 is at Starbucks - His heartbeat matches

Wearer 2 walking into Starbucks -

Both users alerted to their two hearbeats at the same rhythm......

IT MUST BE LOVE.

(Freemium model then pay to be closer in proximity to someone who may be your soulmate!) Etc.

You get it - Long story short there are apps to be made for this and the youth will eat it up.

Teachers won't be able to tell them not to text or respond if it is so fast they can't see it happening. (That alone will get the cool crowd to buy the watch.....)

There's gonna be a lotta loving going down in gym parking lots. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm mostly going by what real world young people are saying. I have cousins in their early 20's. One of my cousins has 10 kids. They range in age from 17 to 25. They say it doesn't text/Facebook well and that's their main use of a phone. Second they say the base models look like something you get at McDonalds, plastic and cheap looking. It fails as fashion.

The most successful watch for the 25 and under crowd was the Swatch in the 80's. It was a success because it was fashionable and affordable. The apple watch and other smart watches are not. They'll be an overall failure, once the tech geeks with money are no longer buying them.

What kids and most people love is most new cars entertainment system will sync with their phone. Watches not so much.

I think you are dead wrong on all points.

Affordability depends on your perception of the term. I see plenty of people taking the bus while rocking an $800+ Canada Goose jacket.

I think the tech is very cool and its functionality will increase over time and as developers catch on.

It's not earth shattering, but I think it will shake up the lower end watch market.

The big one people are missing is you need a new iPhone to use the watch. Most kids, those under 25, don't have an iPhone. The watch doesn't have a must have app or even a necessary feature. The vast majority of non tech geeks are not going to get one. iPhone plus watch, makes it too expensive to be cool.

@Rawr - That had me rolling. :)

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this - but here goes:

1. I've traveled enough in the worst parts of the world to know - people save for the best phone/device they can many times not eating....young people will do the same.

2. Young people would rather have a phone than a car - source - ten years teaching high school.

3. iPhone 6 will go down in cost in a little more than 4 months with the new model. (5s is already "affordable" to many and will soon be a cheap 1 dollar upgrade.

4. All it will take is 1 Must have app....as soon as Johnny B. Cool has that app - the entire school will want it: Source - See Facebook as example.

5. "Shots" the new Justin Beiber app has 5 million users.....and I don't get it. Once some of the other Millennial trend setters (Read Kylie Jenner, Taylor Swift etc.) endorse some random yet to be made app (Hey it could be my heartbeat idea who knows! lol) It will take off with the youth.

6. Design is subjective - just think....people actually wore Ed Hardy.....and they thought they were cool! :0

I am going to pass for now.. really don't think i will wear it.. i mean all the apps are on my phone.. last thing i need is to charge a watch every night.

I hope they end up making a true sport model with a polymer type case (vs current sport's case of aluminum). Many sport watches from Garmin, Timex, Polar, Suunto, etc. already go for several hundred dollars depending on the model, and I would think that apple could push into that arena. Also would be nice to have some type of solar cells built within the face/case to alleviate some of the battery concerns. I plan on getting one of the current sport models, but I'll probably end up beating the snot out of it and I hope it will hold up...