Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the following:

Amar, Hector and the rest of the TSS staff for putting together another great racing weekend. Without them we wouldn't have TI!!!

Kevin and the rest of the UGR crew for providing 100% support+help to their customer cars, and bringing some bad ass new toys like the Huracan.

And

Congrats to A-M- S for winning KOTS, Andy RWD and Todd the 175mph attack.

Until the next TI everyone.

P.S. Tag is slow :icon_mrgreen:

Love the Viper Andy! The Huracan looks awesome too. I could care less about all these numbers because all these cars are insane.

Looks like Ivan pulled the chute in the GTR before crossing the finish line, that Huracan does look sick btw!

It's a good practice, drag racing or otherwise. It takes time to get the chute deployed and actually working, if you waited until you were completely across the line it could very well be too late.

Here is a picture of two pro stock cars, both with the laundry tossed before crossing the line. It isn't doing anything to slow the cars down at this point, up until the chute pops full.

elite-pomona-line.jpg

It's a good practice, drag racing or otherwise. It takes time to get the chute deployed and actually working, if you waited until you were completely across the line it could very well be too late.

Here is a picture of two pro stock cars, both with the laundry tossed before crossing the line. It isn't doing anything to slow the cars down at this point, up until the chute pops full.

elite-pomona-line.jpg

From being crew on an xke that was salt lake racing last March 2015 on Lake Gairdner in South Australia, you always pull the chute while you are still accelerating across the line.

If you pull the chute while braking, it will lift the back of the car up, destabilise it and you can spin, plus other exciting moments, etc!!

By the way, this production class naturally aspirated 1963 3.8litre XKE running on methanol took new class record to 170.2 mph. Not in the league of the boys at TI, but I would venture to say that 170mph over a measured mile in a 50 year old car is probably as exciting as 205 mph in a Gallardo TT or GTR TT!

cheers,

john

post-130322-1434397630.jpg

Only thing I take from the above picture is how undeniably GORGEOUS a VI Huracan is. :monkeyleft:

Man when the TT Huracan with 2000 Hp got brought off the trailer no one really cared about anything else. HURACAN IS SO HOT RIGHT NOW!! Huracan is getting more press than the actual event and all the other cars lol. It stole the show. Everyone was like lets see the ASS R8 and then boom the Huracan showed up. KC was Hansel strolling around in that Huracan! LMAO

Race cars don't have that problem...

I'm just saying.....

Oh please... Parachute is for safety. That car is as much drivable as the any 2200HP car.

nice shot BTW.

elite-pomona-line.jpg

I see, makes sense.

Oh please... Parachute is for safety. That car is as much drivable as the any 2200HP car.

nice shot BTW.

Yeah very drivable that's why they offer the OMEG package to AM'S customers right?

I'm sure they have a long list of customers wanting for the omeg package but it's not ready for the customers "yet"

That Huracan is so f__kin sexy in that color. Was the UGR Huracan really producing 2000hp?

On low boost lol

Yeah very drivable that's why they offer the OMEG package to AM'S customers right?

I'm sure they have a long list of customers wanting for the omeg package but it's not ready for the customers "yet"

Hey 2 events same motor , 1/2 mile event same motor , a bunch of 1/4 miles passes , same motor . Seems like it's getting to the point that they can offer this package. Every year we go through this and every year they offer the next package . 3 years ago you could not buy A16. Now customer have them by the dozens. Then following year was A20 and now they have them. One thing about A"m"s , they will never release something until they put it through the ringer. I think that's how every tuner shop should do.

But does their latest package go for drives on public roads?

Seems like all it was good for was organised racing....

Can't wait for the H to have a built DSG box.

But does their latest package go for drives on public roads?

Seems like all it was good for was organised racing....

Can't wait for the H to have a built DSG box.

Yes , there are many videos of them driving it around town. Its a 4.0 with big turbos and same trans thats in ALL heavily modified GTRS. 1000hp -2000HP shep stage 5 GR6 DCT trans ;-).

Prob a little laggy down low.

Is it something every owner can deal with , probably not. just like any 2000HP car. You have to sacrifice something.

Hey 2 events same motor , 1/2 mile event same motor , a bunch of 1/4 miles passes , same motor . Seems like it's getting to the point that they can offer this package. Every year we go through this and every year they offer the next package . 3 years ago you could not buy A16. Now customer have them by the dozens. Then following year was A20 and now they have them. One thing about A"m"s , they will never release something until they put it through the ringer. I think that's how every tuner shop should do.

The great thing having your own proprietary billet block is that A/M/S customers can either have a water jacketed block or not (methanol). The billet properties are more forgiving in detonation and load especially when pushed beyond. Also, less flex and vibration. But it's expensive. In the domestic world, Kieth Black offers the strongest cast aluminum block and it's proven that is also stronger than other billet/forged manufacturers. Unfortunately, he doesn't do imports.

First off ASS only fast car is there shop car. I'll run that car on the street any time if it's a true street car. It might as well be on street outlaws. Lol

So many gtr haters is funny..... I bet that AM.S is 1000x more streetable than all those X pkgs with dog box transmissions.

And saying that UGR X cars are street cars is nonsense ..... THEY ARE EVENT CARS....

GTR POWAAAAAAAA!!!!

So many gtr haters is funny..... I bet that AM.S is 1000x more streetable than all those X pkgs with dog box transmissions.

And saying that UGR X cars are street cars is nonsense ..... THEY ARE EVENT CARS....

GTR POWAAAAAAAA!!!!

There are 2 things nobody can take away from the GTR:

1-They are Fast!

2-THEY ARE UGLY!!!

post-186226-1434422978.jpg

GTR POWAAAAAAAA!!!!

You have no idea what your talking about. I will have mine back in a week or so and will cruise it on the street until it is time to go to the next event. It is more enjoyable on the street than my GTR with less than half the HP.

First off ASS only fast car is there shop car. I'll run that car on the street any time if it's a true street car. It might as well be on street outlaws. Lol

That's funny right there.....I don't care who you are.