Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

There's no doubt that the strategy UGR has of concentrating more on customer cars is very good. And those cars are very fast too. However, i dont think im the only one here who would like to see an all out dedicated UGR race car that the shop itself owns and takes to events. While i understand that they do have a shop car (orange), it would be awesome to see one with weight reductions, a different choice of tires, basically what an all out race car has. In other words, a car that represents the business, ala ETS, A..M..S shop cars.

Kevin brought up a good point some time ago... why would he want to be competing against his customers? If they had a separate exhibition class that would be something, or shop grudge races, but I totally get not pissing in your customers cheerios.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more photos from Mike M

Wow ! Pics are Awesome! Everything else in this thread sucks balls

Thanks for posting and Welcome to the site !!

Kevin brought up a good point some time ago... why would he want to be competing against his customers? If they had a separate exhibition class that would be something, or shop grudge races, but I totally get not pissing in your customers cheerios.

I know I'd feel some kinda way if my tuner beat my $2-300k build with a shop car that I help fund. But I'm a selfish bastard...

Congratulations to all of the drivers, owners, and shops that competed in the event. The new builds unveiled were truly world class. Got to meet some of the members here at the hotel bar (Greg) (Richard) and at the runway (Justin). Great people. Just like at our past events, the level of customer support shops like UR provide is also un-paralleled. They have driver training, vehicle prep, and strategy very very refined. Until videos are released here are some photos from the event to tide everyone over.

Jordan Coles:

IMG_9885-X2.jpg

IMG_9685-X2.jpg

TI_ACR8-X2.jpg

IMG_9820-X2.jpg

IMG_9905-X2.jpg

IMG_9841-X2.jpg

Check out the wrinkle:

IMG_9773-X2.jpg

IMG_9973-X2.jpg

TI_NTHvsDPnl-X2.jpg

Great pictures!

Greg...

I agree.

Back in my car stereo competition days, there was a Pro Class that comprised of shop cars. Mainly to keep them from having to compete against their own customers but also because hardware wise, the shop owners were buying at cost whereas the customer was paying retail, thus shop owners were able to spend less $$ on more equipment. Then there was the issue of labor costs as well.

I guess the question would be are there enough shop cars out there to have their own class?

You would want an overall champion, how will that be determined?

Back in the day there wasn't an overall champion in car stereo competitions, just by class yet everyone had the same scoring template so in a sense, whoever had the highest score, that car was considered the best one there.

I agree.

Back in my car stereo competition days, there was a Pro Class that comprised of shop cars. Mainly to keep them from having to compete against their own customers but also because hardware wise, the shop owners were buying at cost whereas the customer was paying retail, thus shop owners were able to spend less $$ on more equipment. Then there was the issue of labor costs as well.

I guess the question would be are there enough shop cars out there to have their own class?

Back in the day there wasn't an overall champion in car stereo competitions, just by class yet everyone had the same scoring template so in a sense, whoever had the highest score, that car was considered the best one there.

i miss my days in IASCA...

Grudge race, turn the clocks off and let them run head to head. First one across the line wins. A shop car should be faster, by how much isn't really relevant. Let the "gentleman racers" have the trophies and time slips, it's what they pay for.

You think Ferrari is going to put a tweaked race car and F1 driver in the Corsa Clienti program?

Let the guys spending big money have fun to race one another.

Wow ! Pics are Awesome! Everything else in this thread sucks balls

Thanks for posting and Welcome to the site !!

Thanks. Will try to make this thread suck less with more media for yall. For those that came out to the event you know it poured down Saturday for about 45 min. While we put together a plan to dry out 400k square feet of pavement everyone got in the hangar and ate pizza and burgers. We got it dried out in one hour and we finished all KOTS heats. Real racers sticking it out:

11410458_374026512803315_83078437_n.jpg

1511942_10153427624822112_81840118762512

DSC_0455-X2.jpg

DSC_0403-X2.jpg

DSC_0432-X2.jpg

DSC_0434-X2.jpg

Last ditch effort for a thread save.

DSC_0525-X2.jpg

DSC_0528-X2.jpg

Im totally against beating your own customers with a dedicated shop car. However, at events like TI where the stakes are high and all the other companies bring their shop cars, it becomes a grudge race automatically and there's so much at stake. A shop car would help at times like these.

Im totally against beating your own customers with a dedicated shop car. However, at events like TI where the stakes are high and all the other companies bring their shop cars, it becomes a grudge race automatically and there's so much at stake. A shop car would help at times like these.

In October Kevin was competing with his orange Shop Car for the first time and lost to Dustin in the 1/4 finals. At that time is made 2100+WHP according to them so an X1 version with the Dog Box. Meanwhile he said they´re testing "some new stuff on it so Kevin wasn´t sure if he brings it out". Maybe he will bring it out this October again with more power....who knows.

Plus he said "we probably have to switch to drag radials soon" if they want to make more than that when they revealed their X1 version R8 GT for SP engineering.

Omg whoever runs this forum is a Pussy....you can't even say aa..mm.ss.. or o..m..e..g..a.. On this forum? Seriously is this forum run by 4th graders? Is SPE just mad they can't compete on the same level of these other shops? Haven't seen SPE cars win anything lol

That's because we don't want GTR Fanboys here! So go away! Nobody cares what you have to say.... Jeezzz

You guys won 2 times and you already think the GTR is hot shit...

GTR 2 vs Lambos 500000....

post-186226-1434679048.jpg

That's because we don't want GTR Fanboys here! So go away! Nobody cares what you have to say.... Jeezzz

You guys won 2 times and you already think the GTR is hot shit...

GTR 2 vs Lambos 500000....

You sound like your 12 years old man. Grow up. Just go back and re read all your posts.

I definitely have a soft spot for Vipers but that blue car got absolutely destroyed. No doubt Sal could fix that...

I was down a 12mph from the pass before. Obviously way down on power... But I won't hold your ignorance against you;)

You sound like your 12 years old man. Grow up. Just go back and re read all your posts.

I'm not the one who joined the Lambo forum just to talk shit about Lambos... Like I said go back to your GTR forums.

Sorry if I hurt you feelings... Don't cry...

VR,

dont listent to Leo. half of this forum INCLUDING UG posts in the GTR forum. He is late to the party.

The shit talking has been going on for a 4 years between the 2 platforms. I was taking a beating on here and in the GTR forum from half of these guys posting now... Now that the tables have turned , I am troll. LOL.

Hopefully A'M"S goes top mount and slaps on some 80mm and 55psi :shock:

I guess every forum has a few like him. It does seem the tables have turned. And he'll yes top mount manifolds with a nice pair of gtx45s or bigger...mark my words 3000hp isn't too far off if the drivetrain can hold up to the motor

Omg whoever runs this forum is a Pussy....you can't even say aa..mm.ss.. or o..m..e..g..a.. On this forum? Seriously is this forum run by 4th graders? Is SPE just mad they can't compete on the same level of these other shops? Haven't seen SPE cars win anything lol

Very respectful?

-"Omg whoever runs this forum is a Pussy"

-"Seriously is this forum run by 4th graders?"

VR,

dont listent to Leo. half of this forum INCLUDING UG posts in the GTR forum. He is late to the party.

The shit talking has been going on for a 4 years between the 2 platforms. I was taking a beating on here and in the GTR forum from half of these guys posting now... Now that the tables have turned , I am troll. LOL.

Hopefully A'M"S goes top mount and slaps on some 80mm and 55psi :shock:

Hmmmmmm

Now I understand why you guys are so happy! I guess Years of humiliations ain't easy...

Hmmmmmm

Now I understand why you guys are so happy! I guess Years of humiliations ain't easy...

Nice video but see the problem is its 2 years old....

Here's a much more recent one from this past weekend incase you haven't seen it yet

As you can see the huracan has 2 cameras on it but for some reason the videos haven't made it online yet...I know, batteries were dead right :jackoff:

You think it's ok editing my posts? Not allowing people to even mention the words o-mega and ASS shows what level you guys operate on here. I'll say it again it's strait up pussy. Go on GTRheritage and type in lambo, lamborghini, UG, underground racing, gallardo, or whatever else and they don't alter your posts.

Why do you wanna talk about ass? This a car forum not a sexual forum... I mean what's next? You wanna go over the kamasutra with us?

UR cars seem to hold their performance on street as well as on the track in the exact setup.

Ohmega might be a street car under some conditions , but not when it raced at TI, not by what goes here as a street car.

Now Vegas is going to comment that they driven it back to the hotel so .. it MUST BE a street car. Lol ... take it to a 500-600 mile trip not a 20 mile hike for the sake of people saying it's a street car !

Car must be a damn death trap with that wing and those tires in rain or cold conditions. Are those smaller brakes on the back to fit that "tire" (aka slick)? Yeah ... street car :)

See if you can spot the street car in the pic below :)

cars.jpg

Nice video but see the problem is its 2 years old....

Here's a much more recent one from this past weekend incase you haven't seen it yet

As you can see the huracan has 2 cameras on it but for some reason the videos haven't made it online yet...I know, batteries were dead right :jackoff:

I fixed for you... (It didn't play in your original post)